AB accused for 3 instances of sexual assualt & rape against 1 woman. Lawsuit filed against him

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, Roger Goodell said:

The NFL has completed its investigation into assault allegations made against New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown, and concluded there will be no suspension.

On top of that, they granted an extra third round pick for the inconvenience.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roger Goodell said:

The NFL has completed its investigation into assault allegations made against New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown, and concluded there will be no suspension.

Really?

I heard they were looking to suspend Brittney Taylor.

21 minutes ago, Logic said:

I don't want to get into an argument that's inevitably going to lead down a path of victim shaming/doubting and all sorts of other messy stuff that never ends well on internet message boards.

But I AM curious...What has Antonio Brown done in the past 12 months to make you think he ISN'T the type of "beyond reproach" scumbag to do something like this? What has he done to earn the benefit of the doubt? And why are you quicker to doubt an accuser that you presumably know nothing about than to doubt a guy who we all at least know is a narcissistic piece of garbage?

Not speaking for anyone else, but the timing of the suit strikes me as opportunistic.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

In this case there are texts from AB

Photos, videos, audio, and/or words (in this situation texts) of the accused are usually pretty damning.  I wonder what else they have?  I get the impression there isn't an active criminal investigation and therefore no rape kit evidence.

5 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

True, but the seed is planted. Even though you tell a jury to disregard a statement, it will always be in their minds! 

This case will never see a jury. I suspect they filed it in civil court because they know there isn't any hard evidence. It is her story versus his. Which means it will be a big media story for a few days before blowing over. The only thing that would change that is if another woman came forward.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Not speaking for anyone else, but the timing of the suit strikes me as opportunistic.

I was thinking the same thing but why not when the $$ was 30mm and guaranteed?

unless she knew his plan all along and waited for it to ‘complete’...

42 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I got the sarcasm and knew what you meant.

I'm just wondering why it doesn't surprise you that he would sexually assault and/or rape a woman.

As much of a dick the guy is, this shocks me. 

I'll turn it around... why does it shock you?

It's not exactly unheard of for famous, entitled, narcissistic male athletes to feel entitled to do whatever they wish, with whatever woman they wish.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Rocket94 said:

Right on...how convenient.

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this......do you think she waited u til he was cut by the Raiders, when he had 30 million guaranteed, and waited until he signed with the Patriots, where he has much less guaranteed?

Is that what you mean?