Bills (1-0) at Jets (0-1) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

28 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I'm wondering if Allen wasn't throwing to Knox(?)on that play, and because he was held, that's why Knox wasn't in position to make a play.   That's why Allen was certain of the PI.

Quite honestly I’m sick and tired of hearing from all the media saying the only reason we came back and won was because Mosely went out injured. BS!!

Was he stifling Darnold the entire game and locking up his WRs? No our D was. He had a gift pick 6 and deflected a ball he had his back to. Josh showed the goods when it counted. Not Darnold, not Mosely, not Gregg Williams. 

Will we ever get credit instead of hearing it was what the other team did wrong?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

Quite honestly I’m sick and tired of hearing from all the media saying the only reason we came back and won was because Mosely went out injured. BS!!

Was he stifling Darnold the entire game and locking up his WRs? No our D was. He had a gift pick 6 and deflected a ball he had his back to. Josh showed the goods when it counted. Not Darnold, not Mosely, not Gregg Williams. 

Will we ever get credit instead of hearing it was what the other team did wrong?

Keep winning

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I will have to watch the game again but Mosley made a fantastic play on the pass breakup in the endzone. Did nothing at all on his TD (in fact he looked slow to react). He was pretty good the rest of the time he was in but the Bills were moving the ball with short passes the entire time he was in, and not even trying to run. When he was out, Singletarty ran four times total. Sure, maybe he would have made a difference but he was not dominating at all.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

A similar game was Bills at Houston last year. Bills D shut down Watson almost the whole game, Allen was doing pretty well ... then Allen got hurt, Peterman threw a pick 6, Watson threw the game winning TD, it was over. Might be off on the specifics but I remember thinking we had that game if only Allen hadn’t gotten hurt.

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Don't matter what they say, Bills are 1-0 baby!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Keep winning

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Anyone who watches the first game of the season and makes proclamations like this clearly has not watched many seasons of football.

Agreed on keep winning. Mosely going out opened up an opportunity. We took advantage of it.

It hasn't put us in the playoffs by any means. But this was a big game- looks on paper like a split, and we stole the road game. It would be nice to make the playoffs, but I'm hoping to see more of the unexpected positives I saw from Allen today. I was happier with that than the win itself

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'm not sure why you quoted my post in making your comment.   My post was about a PI call.  It doesn't appear germane to your comment. 

BTW...I do agree with your sentiment regarding the media and their reluctance to give the Bills any credit for winning a game they could have easily lost.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Defense was great today.... Edmunds was excellent. Hopefully they continue to play like that consistently throughout the year.

Did you enjoy the once in 100 comeback win? 

I personally ran around the whole resort giving high fives..... I can tell what I didnt do.... point out everything bad that happened and the reasons why we were so lucky. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I'm not sure why you quoted my post in making your comment.   My post was about a PI call.  It doesn't appear germane to your comment. 

BTW...I do agree with your sentiment regarding the media and their reluctance to give the Bills any credit for winning a game they could have easily lost.

Sorry dude. Meant to quote the post on top of yours by vincec.

That post inquired if Mosley was alright after his injury.

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Defense was great today.... Edmunds was excellent. Hopefully they continue to play like that consistently throughout the year.

Bell did his damage in the passing game against Milano and Lorax. Edmunds was in his jersey.

4 hours ago, stevewin said:

This article says teams lose 97.3% of the time when turnover differential 4 or more since 2005.  Crazy

https://www.boydsbets.com/handicapping-nfl-turnover-differential/

Turn over differential was 3 today. Jets had a turnover because of the fumble by the backward lateral on last play of the game that was recovered by Trent Murphy.

Edited by Kmart128
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Kmart128 said:

Turn over differential was 3 today. Jets had a turnover because of the fumble by the backward lateral on last place of the game that was recovered by Trent Murphy.

And yet it is the equivalent of a four plus turnover differential because it happened in that way at that time.