Does AB set a dangerous precedent?

2 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I think he did this to get released so he could be a free agent. Then when the pats called why not go get a ring?

It’s not like I chalked up winning against them this year anyway.  Advantage tho is no gronk.  If gronk comes back it’s going to be another boring afc champion. 

You're assuming AB values the probability of getting a ring with New England this year (whatever that is, we know it's less than 1) over THIRTY NINE MILLION DOLLARS.

I doubt it.

9 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I dont want to sound like a poor sport (do we use that phrase anymore?) I hope that he does screw up, but Brown likes to play games. He will probably behave for awhile. 

...poor sport?...why?......he has sullied the sport......I'm an old school crustacean in year 57 of following the Bills and NFL.....and I admire those that RESPECT the game as well as those who have paved their way to megamillions today....Billy Shaw took time off from mixin' cement back in the 60's to play guard for the Bills at a whopping 18 grand a year.....enjoyed a post game beer and butt at his locker......and worked until  age 66 mixin' cement for full SS benefits because his NFL pension was so lucrative (COUGH)....these are the stalwarts that paved the way for today's game financial absurdity....I do and will loathe the "gimme divas" forever.....this Allen kid is old school mindful, respectful and cognizant of those that have paved the way to today.....BEST quote was, "this is OUR team and OUR family".....he gets IT....you a poor sport?...NOT....

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

You're assuming AB values the probability of getting a ring with New England this year (whatever that is, we know it's less than 1) over THIRTY NINE MILLION DOLLARS.

I doubt it.

I keep seeing that he lost anywhere from $21-$39 million. Assuming he will keep his head down and play well this year for the Pats, he is a FREE AGENT next season. He will get another contract and possibly ever more money on top of the $9-$15 mill he gets from the Pats. He didn't lose any money at all.

19 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...poor sport?...why?......he has sullied the sport......I'm an old school crustacean in year 57 of following the Bills and NFL.....and I admire those that RESPECT the game as well as those who have paved their way to megamillions today....Billy Shaw took time off from mixin' cement back in the 60's to play guard for the Bills at a whopping 18 grand a year.....enjoyed a post game beer and butt at his locker......and worked until  age 66 mixin' cement for full SS benefits because his NFL pension was so lucrative (COUGH)....these are the stalwarts that paved the way for today's game financial absurdity....I do and will loathe the "gimme divas" forever.....this Allen kid is old school mindful, respectful and cognizant of those that have paved the way to today.....BEST quote was, "this is OUR team and OUR family".....he gets IT....you a poor sport?...NOT....

Yes you are right. I got myself caught up in current trends and how many athletes approach the game today. It is definately more business like and sensationalized today. I have been a fan for 40+ years and I understand where you are coming from. Yes, Josh Allen's old school approach to the game is refreshing...there is still hope!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I doubt it.

Maybe you’re right.  Maybe it’s just all about status to him.  You know, he’s like an Instagram model.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Any player who gets traded for and does anything including being racist that he can to get out of the contract he just signed what’s to stop this from happening again? Cause we know once it was probably reported through back channels that the Pats wanted him he asked for his release right after his heartfelt team apology yesterday...potentially a CBA issue? 

It's no different than Elway, Manning or a host of other forced trade situations - just a lot more bizarre and less intellectually coherent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Maybe you’re right.  Maybe it’s just all about status to him.  You know, he’s like an Instagram model.

Brown appears to be a real superficial character. Status and winning are very important to him. If he can hang with people that he perceives as winners, he will probably be on his best behavior. He also happens to be a very good football player.

8 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's no different than Elway, Manning or a host of other forced trade situations - just a lot more bizarre and less intellectually coherent.

Just a more circuitous route!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Throw a tantrum and poor to get traded.  Do not like the team traded to?  Repeat process.  Have agent contact the list of teams that you want to sign with  ready.  Precedent?  Not sure others will go this route.