Does AB set a dangerous precedent?

I think the Pats set the dangerous precedent.  They saw what he did and picked him up within hours.  I get the issues with collusion and whatnot, but no team should have touched him.  But they've always strayed from the pack and I hope it finally bites them in the ass.  

Honestly, I hope the NFL steps in and suspends him for conduct detrimental to the league, but that won't happen. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is why you have to totally respect a player like WR Larry Fitzgerald, he has been balling out since 2004, 2nd all time in yards, 3rd all time in receptions, tied for 6th all time in TD receptions and you don't ever hear anything other than his love for the game, always smiling, dude should have a statue like Rocky leading up to the stadium. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

58 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

This proves you can be a douche & still find employment if you are an All-Pro. If you are a good QB (around Pro Bowl level) and do a symbolic political protest to shine a light on an issue you won’t be employed. 

Oh stfuuuuu. Kaep isnt goooooood. Dude stopped eating protein and shriveled to nothing... then stuck his joint in the mashed potatoes that is advertising dollars of the league. You realize the league is run by advertising revenue and not ticket sales right?

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Any player who gets traded for and does anything including being racist that he can to get out of the contract he just signed what’s to stop this from happening again? Cause we know once it was probably reported through back channels that the Pats wanted him he asked for his release right after his heartfelt team apology yesterday...potentially a CBA issue? 

It’s been going on a while actually. All these holdouts and shenanigans. The NFL allowed it to happen years ago with the start of the Kaepernick crap.

They should have taken a stance that they are the employer and what they say must be followed or pack your bags. 

Didn’t, they allowed these idiot kids to dictate what they want this league to be and it’s biting them in the butt now. 

its The downfall of the league. The only thing that’s keeping it upright is the fantasy and gambling aspect right now. 

7 minutes ago, mrags said:

It’s been going on a while actually. All these holdouts and shenanigans. The NFL allowed it to happen years ago with the start of the Kaepernick crap.

They should have taken a stance that they are the employer and what they say must be followed or pack your bags. 

Didn’t, they allowed these idiot kids to dictate what they want this league to be and it’s biting them in the butt now. 

its The downfall of the league. The only thing that’s keeping it upright is the fantasy and gambling aspect right now. 

Lol, the league is making more money than ever. If stuff like Brown happened more often it would only increase ratings. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

This is why you have to totally respect a player like WR Larry Fitzgerald, he has been balling out since 2004, 2nd all time in yards, 3rd all time in receptions, tied for 6th all time in TD receptions and you don't ever hear anything other than his love for the game, always smiling, dude should have a statue like Rocky leading up to the stadium. 

Yup and no complaints about having to play with Anderson, Kolb, and Skelton for three seasons between Warner and Palmer in the prime of his career.

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Any player who gets traded for and does anything including being racist that he can to get out of the contract he just signed what’s to stop this from happening again? Cause we know once it was probably reported through back channels that the Pats wanted him he asked for his release right after his heartfelt team apology yesterday...potentially a CBA issue? 

I’m with you, except for the racist part. Sorry but “cracker” doesn’t offend me as a white person. Probably because whites have historically been in power in this country. But you’re right about the general precedent...it’s bad. Bad for a small market team like the Bills and just bad in general.

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I’m with you, except for the racist part. Sorry but “cracker” doesn’t offend me as a white person. Probably because whites have historically been in power in this country. But you’re right about the general precedent...it’s bad. Bad for a small market team like the Bills and just bad in general.

I hear you but just remember we live in a new age where even certain Christmas Carols are deemed insensitive...not a stretch to far for many people to find his comments bigoted and racist 

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Lol, the league is making more money than ever. If stuff like Brown happened more often it would only increase ratings. 

It’s making more money than ever because of what I said. Because of fantasy and because of gambling. 

The real fans fans of the game that don’t gamble and don’t do fantasy are getting sick of the shenanigans. 

And just because the league is making money doesn’t mean they aren’t losing fans. Doesn’t mean they aren’t losing ratings. It’s 2 completely different things. 

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, yes.  But the problem is Oakland giving him his way instead of suspending him 4 games for "Conduct Detrimental to the Team" or letting him not report

I totally agree!  Serve the suspension first then try to trade him before granting an outright release.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Regardless if YOU find it racist or not. It is, and definitely was meant to be a racist comment. Just like the video of when he found out he was released, running around yelling “IM FREE, IM FREE” like he was some slave. The guy just lives in his own little world thinking he’s oppressed for making $15m a year. And it was double that until this morning. Give me a break. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I hear you but just remember we live in a new age where even certain Christmas Carols are deemed insensitive...not a stretch to far for many people to find his comments bigoted and racist 

Yeah sure i get that. If there’s some whites floating around here or wherever that want to get offended over cracker or ***** or whatever they can go ahead and BE offended. It’s a bit of a stretch but whatever. I’d just not be offended at a stupid slur that hasn’t held any cultural relevance since 1890.