Does AB set a dangerous precedent?

im  surprised  noone  has  brought  up  that          something seems  very  underhanded  here.      i  just  cant  believe  with  all  the  drama  and  distractions   that  AB has  caused      with the Raiders  that  the  patriots      make a decision and  say  oh   look AB is available .   with  the  majority  of      any  sane  person  thinking AB   would  never  see a  contract    again to get  one close  to the dollar amount   he  had   just  screams      there is a      case for at least looking into  tampering.   who knows   when         there were  talks   or  interest shown  by  the  pats.    history  has  shown   the pats  would have  sat  back and    offer  much less.  the  moment   AB   asked to be  released,  he  must  have known of  new  englands  interest.

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

It is becoming more and more obvious that the league consists of 32 independent contractors employing 53 independent contractors.

The salary cap and free agency destroyed "team building" as we used to know it a long time ago.

7 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Yes, yes he has. He’s set a dangerous precedent of creating new ways for different franchises and fans to progressively hate him more and more each day. I NEVER hope for anyone to get injured. Not even Brady. But you’ve got to think the universe is ready to dole out some kind of karmic retribution.

this

• Like (+1) 1

What AB did was pretty disgusting.  The worst part is that young people idolize him.  The NFL is worried players using weed and getting into trouble but they don't consider at all the effect of this on young people.

The answer is yes it does and not just for the NFL.  Karma, God, what ever you want to call it will eventually catch up.

A lot of people already think its ok to sign a contract and not honor it.  Some players like Cousins are did it the right way.  Whatever they agreed to they honored.  Cousins made sure his contract was fully garaunteed.  So if he's cut he still gets paid.  If players want to argue that the team can cut you and thats unfair then dont sign a contract that says the team can cut you without paying you.  What you sign you honor.

AB is a great player but a horrible person and teammate you better believe he has a big bullseye on his back when he plays the teams he disrespected.

5 hours ago, mrags said:

It’s making more money than ever because of what I said. Because of fantasy and because of gambling. 

The real fans fans of the game that don’t gamble and don’t do fantasy are getting sick of the shenanigans. 

And just because the league is making money doesn’t mean they aren’t losing fans. Doesn’t mean they aren’t losing ratings. It’s 2 completely different things. 

Ratings were up 5% last year mostly due to an increase in offense.  The fans that miss the way the game was played in the 70's, 80's, and 90's have to come to grips that the NFL popularity surge didn't happen until the rules started favoring the offense and fantasy became more mainstream in the early 2000''s.  For every one old school real fan the NFL loses they'll make up for it with two fans who are watching the SNF game to see if Mahomes can put up four TD's to win their week in fantasy.

• Like (+1) 1

If it wasnt the worst franchise in football handling the situation it would have been different.   The Raiders came out of this looking like complete idiots.  They lost a 3rd and a 5th for a player that never played a down for them and somehow found a way to strengthen a team in their own conference in doing so.  They were my Dads team when I was growing up so I have always had a soft spot for them.  But I cannot stand how stupid they are.

you know who set the precedent today?  julio jones...got a 44 million dollar check and ab got 9 mil.  no drama, no moving your family, just a quiet man handling his business like a professional adult not a child.    

look who has none of the money left and a sub 600 credit score...terrell owens.  ab is the next one. 

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

What AB did was pretty disgusting.  The worst part is that young people idolize him.  The NFL is worried players using weed and getting into trouble but they don't consider at all the effect of this on young people.

what does this even mean?

3 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Yeah sure i get that. If there’s some whites floating around here or wherever that want to get offended over cracker or ***** or whatever they can go ahead and BE offended. It’s a bit of a stretch but whatever. I’d just not be offended at a stupid slur that hasn’t held any cultural relevance since 1890.

You don’t make the rules.   

AB Is a racist whose feet won’t be held to the fire because of all the wokeboys churning out excuses. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

8 hours ago, The Red King said:

Hey you...the superstar playing on the Raiders.  How would you like to play for the Patriots?  You know, the team that keeps winning rings?  I can make that happen.  All it will cost you is $20 million, and your dignity.  Zero to hero, a championship for your legacy.  Seems a reasonable cost, no?

It didn't cost AB one cent! 

12 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The only way to fix the problem would be to have every released player pass through the waiver process, any team can make a claim starting with the worst team.

When the process is complete the player can sign anywhere.

Its to late now, the damage is done.

They could also change the process to something where if a player is released for conduct detrimental he can't play for some period of time.  There needs to be something punitive put in place so that players who just blatantly work to get kicked off their teams are not rewarded for it. 

• Like (+1) 2

If he went anywhere else people wouldn't be crying foul. He was nuts in Pittsburgh, nuts in Oakland and he'll still be nuts in NE. It's how the team handles it, and if you want to blame anyone blame Mayock for being a thin-skinned moron with no experience. If you think AB was pulling stunts to go to NE you're just as low level thinking as Mayock.

10 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Any player who gets traded for and does anything including being racist that he can to get out of the contract he just signed what’s to stop this from happening again? Cause we know once it was probably reported through back channels that the Pats wanted him he asked for his release right after his heartfelt team apology yesterday...potentially a CBA issue? 

No you are spot on.  I really do think it sets a bad precedent.  Also, I don’t understand why teams release players who demand it.  Oakland could have f’ed him over and put on the Did not report list, eliminating any chance for his guaranteed money and keeping him off the field for the year.

Thats why I give props to the Bills for holding onto the rights of Anquan Bolden.  He retired citing some BS service reason and then said he wanted to play for NE.  So Beane refused to let him out of his few to play with another team  

• Like (+1) 2