OAK planning to suspend AB (edit: apologized, playing)

Reed83HOF

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

That would cost the Raiders $30M, suspend him cost less than $1M..cash poor team..which way yu think they will proceed?

Not true, his contract can be voided in certain situations.

This may be one of them, the Raiders could potentially get out of this deal unscathed.

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

What are the odds they just release AB? I would if I was management. Get rid of this headcase. 

Worst move right now. Suspend him and get all the Guaranteed money back first. Drag that into the season. Then cut him so there is $0 cap hit AND he has to find a team mid-season or sit out a year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Plano said:

This may be one of them, the Raiders could potentially get out of this deal unscathed.

correct, if they suspend him first i believe for conduct detrimental, that voids the guarantess, then they can release..I THINK( stress think) that is how it works

Just now, Plano said:

The threatened punch to Mayock could be there golden ticket.

I really hope no other team picks him up.  If Kap can be black listed, AB should be too.  He physically threatened his employer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

The threatened punch to Mayock could be there golden ticket.

I really hope no other team picks him up.  If Kap can be black listed, AB should be too.  He physically threatened his employer.

But, and its a big but..if his punt was any good can he not cover two positions of need for the Bills right now?

4 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

NFL history has shown it over... and over... and over.  Success is about the "sum of the parts" more than individual star-power.

So not true.

Consistent success in the NFL begins with a superstar QB.

The closest thing to what you are talking about are the Patriots but they have the greatest QB ever and the greatest HC ever.

Everybody else operates under the normal rules.

And all of the favorites this year.........as usual........are star studded teams.

Teams need to play well together but also have star players because it's a matchup league and difference makers MAKE THE DIFFERENCE.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1