Jared Goff New Contract Largest Guaranteed Ever

aristocrat

Just shows how out of control these contracts are becoming and what the premium is for even having an easily confused QB.  If McVay can't figure out what the defense is doing, Goff won't figure it out.  But, yeah, I suppose the Rams had to pay him; even this absurd amount.

I'm honestly shocked by this. Goff is a product of an offensive genius(IMO). I really didn't even think he was McVay's guy. Definitely changes my perception of McVay's view, but it doesn't change my assessment. You never know who actually makes these decisions, but you'd have to assume SM had strong input. 

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Now I understand why I am paying $99 for pre season games

You always hear about lockouts and strikes when the next CBA comes around, but fans need to have a voice also. This is getting way out of hand. NFL games are heading down the road of country clubs. It needs to stop. Fans need to fight back.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So beat Drew Brees on road to win conference title and lost to Tom Brady in SB = crap(p)s the bed in playoffs?

Again.......hope Josh Allen craps the bed like that in his third season.

You can "not" think he's the best QB in the NFL and still admit he's had a very impressive start to his career. 

Do you agree or disagree that Goff has been helped immensely by having McVay in his ear calling the defense just before the microphone goes off?

And this habit of saying QBs alone "win" or "lose" games is well past its prime.  Goff has played very well in McVay's system and when teams took away that little "in your ear" advantage his results were, shall we say, less impressive.

It's a great contract for Goff and if he and McVay stay tied together I'm sure he'll continue to put up "impressive" numbers, but at some point he's going to need to be able to do it on his own.

Bills fans: 67 qb rating = the next great franchise qb 

also Bills fans : 3rd year qb who loses the SB = haha laugh at all the money they are paying him 

16 minutes ago, eball said:

Do you agree or disagree that Goff has been helped immensely by having McVay in his ear calling the defense just before the microphone goes off?

And this habit of saying QBs alone "win" or "lose" games is well past its prime.  Goff has played very well in McVay's system and when teams took away that little "in your ear" advantage his results were, shall we say, less impressive.

It's a great contract for Goff and if he and McVay stay tied together I'm sure he'll continue to put up "impressive" numbers, but at some point he's going to need to be able to do it on his own.

He just finished his 3rd year!  Answer honestly. If Daboll (who isn’t on the same planet as McVay but let’s pretend) was thought to be in Allen’s ear but Allen put up Goff’s numbers.  Are you complaining when the Bills pay Allen?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

Real stupid. $110 mil for a system quarterback. That’s a bad precedent to set. GMs around the league are PO’ed right now I’d bet.

Good.  Give more money to the players who lay their body on the lines rather than the owners.

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm honestly shocked by this. Goff is a product of an offensive genius(IMO). I really didn't even think he was McVay's guy. Definitely changes my perception of McVay's view, but it doesn't change my assessment. You never know who actually makes these decisions, but you'd have to assume SM had strong input. 

I genuinely get what you’re saying.  But I think this Goff backlash has gone too far.  Dude was the number 1 pick overall for a reason.  He was awesome in college.  

We should pray Allen becomes 80% of the player he is and we will gladly pay him.  It’s weird The higher standards some fans (not you my man) hold non Bills players to.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I know a couple Rams fans. They aren't sold on Goff and make fun of him a lot.

They make fun of their 3rd year qb who just took them to a SB.  They sound smart. 

Im not sold on Allen.  If I make fun of him after he leads us to the SB, please light me on fire. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good.  Give more money to the players who lay their body on the lines rather than the owners.

I genuinely get what you’re saying.  But I think this Goff backlash has gone too far.  Dude was the number 1 pick overall for a reason.  He was awesome in college.  

We should pray Allen becomes 80% of the player he is and we will gladly pay him.  It’s weird The higher standards some fans (not you my man) hold non Bills players to.  

Oh for sure. If we're talking about Allen having a similar trajectory to Goff, I'd be THRILLED. That's definitely on the optimistic side. I only question whether Goff is on that trajectory based on his ability or the coach calling the plays.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Oh for sure. If we're talking about Allen having a similar trajectory to Goff, I'd be THRILLED. That's definitely on the optimistic side. I only question whether Goff is on that trajectory based on his ability or the coach calling the plays.

I get what you’re saying because he doesn’t have elite skills and looks kinda dumb.  But it’s not like he was mid round pick.  He threw 43 tds his junior year.  While college numbers aren’t everything, i feel better about guys who show a history of dominating.  https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jared-goff-1.html

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

Jerry Jones is pulling his hair right now 

Yeah, I wonder if this was on purpose.  I think Goff is better than Dak (different players and Dak has a much worse coach) but I’m sure Dak’s camp thinks they are better than Goff.  

The risk now might be to lock your qb up early before they can demand even more.  Of course, this can backfire big time too.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I get what you’re saying because he doesn’t have elite skills and looks kinda dumb.  But it’s not like he was mid round pick.  

I think Goff is a good quarterback. I just don't think he's elite. The only way to know for sure would be to put him in another system because I fully expect him to have a monster year under McVay. I'm not basing anything on his rookie year when the team was a mess. He's "solid." I wasn't making a connection between Goff and Allen. Tyrod was "good enough" for a year or two. We haven't even had a GOOD long term QB since Kelly. So if we're talking Allen/Goff, I'd take that in a heartbeat. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hey i am with you CB that’s fine. I’m on the labor’s side all the time. This particular contract seems a bit ill-advised but hey - it ain’t the Bills so the Rams can have at it. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They make fun of their 3rd year qb who just took them to a SB.  They sound smart. 

Im not sold on Allen.  If I make fun of him after he leads us to the SB, please light me on fire. 

Yep. But they have a stacked team. A lot of average QB's could have taken them there.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

Yep. But they have a stacked team. A lot of average QB's could have taken them there.

lol....the Rams probably should have saved their money and signed an average QB to take them to the SB...you don’t seriously believe that nonsense right?