Describe Josh Allen in One Word... his teammates respond

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

I can't be the only one who's a little surprised/disappointed that no one said, "hung."

Nope, you definitely aren't... Need Foles up in here as QB3 just so we can say his nickname constantly

6 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Possible, but unlikely. Why? Allen could have gotten Sills V on the 53-man roster if he really, really wanted to. ?

Not if I didn't get to throw him TD's every play:cry:

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Can't wait for the season to start. This team seems to have such great bonds... and that is really important in football. As for Josh, man I just love the dude so I can't take no more ha ha. Last year I was going about one day just gushing love for my GF (now ex...), my kids... and him. It's that bad LOL Unlike women, you can love men (no *****) as they don't backstab you for it.

Tell me more....?

7 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Lighten up Francis,  it ain’t no big thing, reverse racism, you gotta be kidding, white folk are like a one legged man in an azs kicking contest when the topic is racism. 

and that's why racism will never end. One man says it was a politically incorrect thing to say and he gets told to lighten up Francis? Do you know what race I am? Then don't assume I'm a white man crying. I'm just pointing out what's wrong with saying that. context or not.My panties are Definately not in a bunch over it, but it was wrong

32 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

and that's why racism will never end. One man says it was a politically incorrect thing to say and he gets told to lighten up Francis? Do you know what race I am? Then don't assume I'm a white man crying. I'm just pointing out what's wrong with saying that. context or not.My panties are Definately not in a bunch over it, but it was wrong.  

It was obviously a compliment.  

Words chosen to make a description come from were a person comes from, we all have different back grounds from which we draw comparisons, which come with different descriptives, when theses different backgrounds are mingled descriptives can then be miss interpreted, so then get taken out of context, it  happens, there was no malice there. If one finds a descriptive abrasive, then it becomes a learning opportunity for the parties involved.  What race we are is not nearly as important as how we conduct our lives.

I was wrong to assume you are a Caucasian I’ll give you that.

nothin but love for ya, 

Go Bills!!! 

1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

and that's why racism will never end. One man says it was a politically incorrect thing to say and he gets told to lighten up Francis? Do you know what race I am? Then don't assume I'm a white man crying. I'm just pointing out what's wrong with saying that. context or not.My panties are Definately not in a bunch over it, but it was wrong

Because you're crying about this I would bet my house on you being a white man who attended the straight pride parade over the weekend.

There's nothing wrong with what Dawkins said. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Reading those made me want to run through a f*&#ing wall.

This was the most encouraging though.

Cole Beasley: Cannon

"He's got a gun. Like, the first couple of weeks I came in, he was firing that thing. And I actually had to tell him, 'Dude, I'm right here. Right now, we're in routes on air and it's tough. When there's linemen in there and I can't see you, it's going to be really tough because I'm not going to see you. I'm just going to see the ball.' But he's improved so much in that regard and now he just places it to me. It's perfect."

Other good ones about his improvement that I liked.

Lorenzo Alexander: Malleable

"I think he's been extremely coachable, receiving information, obviously, from (Brian) Daboll but even Matt (Barkley) and Derek (Anderson) last year. Just receiving that and really trying to change his game. And I've seen the fruits of that just on the field this year in OTAs, the preseason, just his command and stuff with the ball. He's still growing and then I think just as a person, too, being more aware of who he is and some of the situations that he's grown from and listening."

Tre'Davious White: Ascending

"He's getting better and better. You could just tell just from practicing against him, from last (year's) OTAs to this OTAs, the second-year jump, you can see it for sure in his decision-making, making accurate throws. And then reading defenses, too. So I feel like you know you've been doing a great job against us."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Because you're crying about this I would bet my house on you being a white man who attended the straight pride parade over the weekend.

There's nothing wrong with what Dawkins said. 

nobody's crying. what kind of house do you have? ?

17 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Dion Dawkins: Swaggy 

"He's just his own person. He has his own swag to him, meaning he's just Josh. What he's doing, nobody can do. He's just a big white kid with swag. It's hard to come by, but it's the truth."

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Why does Dion have the need to remind us Josh is white? Is it harder for white people to have swag? If Cogs says the same thing about a QB of color there would be a backlash. Similar to Dave Chappelle, a white comedian would be destroyed if he/she made similar jokes to most of the ones Dave does in his new special. FYI I think Sticks and Stones is hilarious.  Dion and the populous at large would have been better served if he had just said Josh is a big kid with swag. 

35 minutes ago, iinii said:

Why does Dion have the need to remind us Josh is white? Is it harder for white people to have swag? If Cogs says the same thing about a QB of color there would be a backlash. Similar to Dave Chappelle, a white comedian would be destroyed if he/she made similar jokes to most of the ones Dave does in his new special. FYI I think Sticks and Stones is hilarious.  Dion and the populous at large would have been better served if he had just said Josh is a big kid with swag. 

Who. Cares.

It's clear what he means: he's a white kid that Dawkins can relate to, and apparently he feels that it's not all that common for a black kid from Jersey and a white kid from Cali to relate like that.

Is Josh a white kid? Yes. Is he "swaggy"? Apparently.  Ergo, he is a swaggy white kid.  I'll bet you any amount of money that Josh read that quote and thought "whoa, cool".

I'm a white dude.  If someone calls me a white dude (which happens by the way, because--get this--I'm a white dude), do you know what my reaction is? It's "that's true, I am a white dude".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Who. Cares.

It's clear what he means: he's a white kid that Dawkins can relate to, and apparently he feels that it's not all that common for a black kid from Jersey and a white kid from Cali to relate like that.

Is Josh a white kid? Yes. Is he "swaggy"? Apparently.  Ergo, he is a swaggy white kid.  I'll bet you any amount of money that Josh read that quote and thought "whoa, cool".

I'm a white dude.  If someone calls me a white dude (which happens by the way, because--get this--I'm a white dude), do you know what my reaction is? It's "that's true, I am a white dude".

As long as we define each other by color there will always be division. 

2 minutes ago, iinii said:

As long as we define each other by color there will always be division. 

Wrong. As long as we use our differences to demean each other, there will always be division.

I enjoy learning from folks who are different from me.

Are you from a part of the world that I've never been to? Please, tell me about it.

Are you from the city? I'm from a rural area. Please, tell me about it.

Do you worship in a different way? Please, tell me about it.

We are different from each other. We do not need to hide from that fact or ignore it. I do not need to meet people just like me. Honestly, I bore me. If you're different, let's enjoy it. Please, tell me about it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

What I am saying is what we see in children. Kids who aren’t raised with bias, learned from their parents usually, don’t see skin color at all. They refer to their friends and peers as simply that kid. If you ask them which kid, they will say the one with the blue shirt on or the one wearing the hat. 

2 hours ago, iinii said:

What I am saying is what we see in children. Kids who aren’t raised with bias, learned from their parents usually, don’t see skin color at all. They refer to their friends and peers as simply that kid. If you ask them which kid, they will say the one with the blue shirt on or the one wearing the hat. 

We must absolutely be teaching our children to recognize different skin colors.  Then teach them to respect cultural differences.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2