Describe Josh Allen in One Word... his teammates respond

YoloinOhio

32 minutes ago, Gugny said:

We must absolutely be teaching our children to recognize different skin colors.  Then teach them to respect cultural differences.

My kids always describe the way a person looks when I ask them to tell me about the people that they meet.

He's tall.

She's short.

He has brown skin.

Being able to describe the way a person looks is totally normal.  It would be really, really weird if kids didn't observe those things.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

My kids always describe the way a person looks when I ask them to tell me about the people that they meet.

He's tall.

She's short.

He has brown skin.

Being able to describe the way a person looks is totally normal.  It would be really, really weird if kids didn't observe those things.

Agree.

I've heard so many people say they wish the world was "colorblind."  I get that their intentions are good, but it's the LAST thing we want.  We need to teach kids to acknowledge, understand, accept and respect differences in others.

42 minutes ago, Gugny said:

We must absolutely be teaching our children to recognize different skin colors.  Then teach them to respect cultural differences.

Years ago when my kids were wee ones we were visiting some relatively new "black" friends and one of them started reciting Eenie, Meenie, Minie, Mo 

She wasn't sure whether to expect  catch a tiger by the toe or not 

it all starts at an early age.   and that's a fact Jack 

I have "olive" skin in the winter and very dark brown if i actually can spend a good week on the beach.  

My brown skinned friends would say that my tan was darker than theirs 

15 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah.  It’s so tough to be a white guy!!!

but sure in a perfect world, race doesn’t exist and no one mentions race.  But this world sucks right now.  But literally, Dawkins and Allen couldn’t care less.  Funny when you are on a team, you become brothers and don’t spend your time crying about this stupid crap. 

It's tough being anybody these days.  Crying and crusading isn't going to fix life's problems.  I'm a white guy and I've been handed a boatload of problems in my life.  Life isn't fair.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Does this have involve shades and tones? And what are they to make of this recognition? Why can’t we just see people as people? There are cultural differences in every race. Can you teach someone to a  know the Protestant from a Catholic? A Hindu from a Muslim? Your path is a slippery slope to labeling everyone before you even know their name.

6 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

It's tough being anybody these days.  Crying and crusading isn't going to fix life's problems.  I'm a white guy and I've been handed a boatload of problems in my life.  Life isn't fair.

I sense quite a bit of anger in people anymore. Everybody is uptight and in a hurry to go no where. 

3 minutes ago, iinii said:

Does this have involve shades and tones? And what are they to make of this recognition? Why can’t we just see people as people? There are cultural differences in every race. Can you teach someone to a  know the Protestant from a Catholic? A Hindu from a Muslim? Your path is a slippery slope to labeling everyone before you even know their name.

Dude...it's totally normal for people to observe the color of someone's skin.  It's NOT normal for people to treat others with disrespect because of the color of their skin.

I don't think there's anything slippery about either of those statements.

5 minutes ago, iinii said:

We should just see people as people, no more "qualifiers" or descriptions.  People are people,

Short people are systemically  discriminated against, there is clearly a tall privilege in this country.

I think we should also stop describing people as ugly or handsome, it isnt fair to the ugly.  Good looking privilege exists,

Describing girls with big breast is sexiest and should be immediately stopped and we should have quotas of fat ugly, flat chested as well as male and trans cheerleaders,

We should stop talking about bald people, not "fair" they lose their hair,

Smart versus dumb also has to stop.  Why is it smart people get more money higher paying jobs on average.  That isnt fair.

Oh it goes way beyond skin color, our society has a lot lot lot of work to do.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I'm a white guy and I've been handed a boatload of problems in my life.

Luckily for humanity you persevered and overcame. I don't think anyone else would have been clever enough to think of doing a split to hit a nut shot. Without you, Goro would have never been defeated and Earth would have been doomed.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/3/2019 at 4:00 PM, billsbackto81 said:

How about one word for all his critics since being drafted?

What's the one word that comes to their mind when Josh ends up representing the Bills perennially in the playoffs?

How about, "apologetic"?

I dunno, Allen is still a 50% passer, as advertised.  Hope that changes, but in no way should his detractors be apologetic at this stage...

8 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Dude...it's totally normal for people to observe the color of someone's skin.  It's NOT normal for people to treat others with disrespect because of the color of their skin.

I don't think there's anything slippery about either of those statements.

So once you have labeled someone as white, black, Latino....what do you know about them? 

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

We should just see people as people, no more "qualifiers" or descriptions.  People are people,

Short people are systemically  discriminated against, there is clearly a tall privilege in this country.

I think we should also stop describing people as ugly or handsome, it isnt fair to the ugly.  Good looking privilege exists,

Describing girls with big breast is sexiest and should be immediately stopped and we should have quotas of fat ugly, flat chested as well as male and trans cheerleaders,

We should stop talking about bald people, not "fair" they lose their hair,

Smart versus dumb also has to stop.  Why is it smart people get more money higher paying jobs on average.  That isnt fair.

Oh it goes way beyond skin color, our society has a lot lot lot of work to do.

Amen!

5 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Luckily for humanity you persevered and overcame. I don't think anyone else would have been clever enough to think of doing a split to hit a nut shot. Without you, Goro would have never been defeated and Earth would have been doomed.

Those are $500 sunglasses !@#@$!$!

• Haha (+1) 1

I guess none of them are buying into this from the Athletic's season predictions today...

Bills (7-9)  Ultimately, Josh Allen’s struggles with accuracy become the story of the Bills’ season. NFL’s Next Gen Stats has a metric called completion percentage above expectation. It measures the probability of every completion based on factors like a receiver’s separation, where the receiver is on the field, how close the nearest pass rusher is, etc. Allen ranked second-to-last in 2018, ahead of only C.J. Beathard. The defense plays well, rookie running back Devin Singletary shows promise and Buffalo is competitive, but it misses out on the playoffs and goes into the offseason with a major question mark at quarterback.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, iinii said:

So once you have labeled someone as white, black, Latino....what do you know about them? 

Don't you think you're being more than a bit presumptuous here?

It's completely normal for my kids to say "dad, my favorite Tae Kwon Do teacher is Mr. [Smith]", and when I ask "cool, which one is Mr. Smith?", for him to say "he's the one with brown skin".  My kid is 6, and that's by far the easiest way to identify the teacher he's talking about.  And yes, this is a real life example.

That's not weird, and it's not labeling Mr. [Smith] in a dangerous way no matter how hard someone might try to be offended by it.

10 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Society is so uptight and hyper political now... Good lord people, in the words of the most over rated QB in the league, RELAX! 

All this back and forth comes from what Dawkins said? LOL 

Can nobody just laugh anymore? 

Ya think?  See post I just responded to...

Edited by thebandit27

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Absolutely. What kind of insane human being can walk around and not notice that people look different? It's a ridiculous concept to teach a child because they're going to be VERY confused. They know that this particular teammate has dark skin and perhaps a slightly different vernacular. But you're teaching them that their inherent vision/awareness is WRONG. That's crazy talk.

Respect/acknowledge different cultures/people etc. That's it.

As to to OP, it's great to hear all the encouraging words used to describe Allen by him teammates. What's clear is that he's well liked and respected in the locker room. There is zero doubt about THAT.

• Thank you (+1) 1

What really gets me is that the more pot becomes legal and accepted the more wound tight and angry people get...

One would expect the opposite. 

What Dawkins said was totally innocuous. People used to be able to talk to each other without going batshit crazy over the slightest perceived "offense" 

I'll just come out and say it: the end of rock music and the advent of social media have made society totally miserable. 

• Thank you (+1) 1