Sunday 9/1 Cut /Waiver Update thread

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Why are we carrying 5 TE's when every other team is carrying 2 or 3?

Well Croom is gonna be placed on IR today or tomorrow...  Only reason he is not is so he will be eligible to return from IR later in season. And then when Croom goes on IR we will be resigning Coleman. So technically we have 4 TEs on roster.

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I agree. But licklihood is another team will sign him to a 53 man roster before one of our RBs get hurt. Thats why its good to have a good under the radar RB on the PS. Don't have to worry about other teams. If we add Adams.... I think he would only be on practice squad for one or two weeks before another team has an injury and takes him off our team... Then we are stuck having to find another RB to add to PS

I don't think a team can look at players or the PS that way. If they can get a good player on it, they will try and do it. If a team wants to poach that player, the Bills can always offer to put him on their roster too if he is that good. 

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I don't think a team can look at players or the PS that way. If they can get a good player on it, they will try and do it. If a team wants to poach that player, the Bills can always offer to put him on their roster too if he is that good. 

I don't know. If I was a team it would certainly be a factor in who I would sign. It wouldn't be the final determining factor. But if I'm down to a couple players and I feel one has a better shot to stolen. Then I'll take the safer option.

9 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Well Croom is gonna be placed on IR today or tomorrow...  Only reason he is not is so he will be eligible to return from IR later in season. And then when Croom goes on IR we will be resigning Coleman. So technically we have 4 TEs on roster.

Why wouldn't we just reach a injury settlement with Croom and cut him to bring in a WR or secondary talent? 

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Somehow, some way, a NY Jet 3rd round draft pick named Polite, accumulated over $100,000 in fines in freakin' training camp for tardiness and the like, which led to his release and not being claimed. He signed with the Seahawks PS I believe.

Wow hope takes the wakeup call seriously.

12 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I agree. But licklihood is another team will sign him to a 53 man roster before one of our RBs get hurt. Thats why its good to have a good under the radar RB on the PS. Don't have to worry about other teams. If we add Adams.... I think he would only be on practice squad for one or two weeks before another team has an injury and takes him off our team... Then we are stuck having to find another RB to add to PS

This is a family friendly site. None of that talk here! :bag:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I suspect they'll find someone better.

Tyree just did not look good at all.

The only reason why I might think twice about that is that Cardale Jones (similar in many ways to Jackson) looked pretty bad as well during the little playing time he got with the Bills... but he looked much more polished and disciplined playing for the Raiders during preseason games this year.  They call certain quarterbacks "projects" at draft time every year... but it's seldom that those guys are given enough time to learn how too read defenses, run their target progressions... or learn how to get rid of the ball when the pocket starts to break down. That's what I would use the practice squad for... particularly with quarterbacks.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I’d sign him to the regular PS. 

Personally, I think it would be a better idea to use the exemption and give him a full year to learn the game of football, and then give him a legit chance to make the roster next year.

Wade just started learning the game of football for the first time in his life a few months ago. Guys were saying that he had to be taught things that they learned way back in their pop-Warner leagues. Even the most basic football concepts were new to him. He even said himself that people don’t realize just how little he knows about football. 

I think eh could benefit from a year on the practice squad more than most. 

17 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Why are we carrying 5 TE's when every other team is carrying 2 or 3?

Per Spotrac there are 128 signed TEs in the league right now.  That averages 4 per team.

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Why wouldn't we just reach a injury settlement with Croom and cut him to bring in a WR or secondary talent? 

Like others have said, he can be called up later in the year if needed.

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Because they still want to keep their Daughters Boyfriend on the team and this way after week 6 they can bring him back on the roster

I'm praying this isn't the case, we would be just fine with Kroft, Knox and Sweeney as our 3 TE's. I could maybe see Smith being kept for his blocking in goal line situations but that's stretching it.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu