Virtually whole new starting offense

Lurker

Not sure this is thread-worthy but it strikes me as amazing that there will be 7-8 new starters on offense this year, including all but one skill position ( I guess Zay would make two if he sticks, although classifying him as skilled is a stretch IMO :doh:).

Has any playoff-caliber (we hope!) team ever had so much turnover going into a season?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Definitely worth pointing out.  

We return only Dawkins, DiMarco and JA in their same role on Offense.  Thats it.  

New LG

New C

New RG

New RT

New RB1

New RB2

New RB3

New TE1

New TE2

New TE3

New WR1

New Slot

Zay, Foster & McKenzie return but down the depth chart. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

This offense NEEDED an enema.

All the deadwood has been cleared (well, except Zay).

Absolutely.  But has this ever worked to this magnitude for any other team?   That's my question...

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

At the start of the season it was but it finished pretty strong.

Because, Allen ran for 100 yards a game.  The style of offense at the end of the year was unsustainable.  The efficiency was way down.  It was handoff on first No gain or loss.  Wait for Allen to make a play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Upon seeing this and thinking about the Shady move, the release makes sense. 

My GUESS is they realize this is still a “ rebuilding” year in terms of the O needing a year to really Gel. Shady is not the future and by next year, with the addition of some more O skill position players, we should be formidable on both sides of the ball.

• Like (+1) 6

29 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Has any playoff-caliber (we hope!) team ever had so much turnover going into a season?

Who knows when you look at the entire offensive starting positions. From a skills position perspective 20 some years ago the 1999 Rams team comes to mind. Faulk, Warner and Holt were all new starters to the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not off hand.  Jets?  49ers?

The Seatle Seahawks.  First 4 seasons under Carroll they had the highest turnover in the league.  The NO Saints under Payton same thing.  Turning a mediocre franchise into something more takes alot of new faces.

7 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

The Seatle Seahawks.  First 4 seasons under Carroll they had the highest turnover in the league.  The NO Saints under Payton same thing.  Turning a mediocre franchise into something more takes alot of new faces.

In ONE season though.   That's where I'm coming up dry...