Predict Bills Cuts That Will Make Other Teams' 53 Man Roster

jwhit34

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

Some of you really really overvalue some of these fringe players. 

I often agree with you on this.  I am curious this year only because a lot of decent depth was brought in and I'm sure a few will be picked up.

I'm more curious how many Bills cuts make the PS in Buffalo vs. players from other teams.

Generally speaking there is a lot less moves by teams signing players to the 53 at this time of year than people think.

There is also 32 teams dumping a lot of players to choose from.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I often agree with you on this.  I am curious this year only because a lot of decent depth was brought in and I'm sure a few will be picked up.

I'm more curious how many Bills cuts make the PS in Buffalo vs. players from other teams.

Generally speaking there is a lot less moves by teams signing players to the 53 at this time of year than people think.

There is also 32 teams dumping a lot of players to choose from.

I see a lot of the guys listed up top sitting home for awhile, they may get a call during the year after injuries ravage some teams but not the initial 53. Especially not when there’s about to be a buffet of talented players hitting the market

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I see a lot of the guys listed up top sitting home for awhile, they may get a call during the year after injuries ravage some teams but not the initial 53. Especially not when there’s about to be a buffet of talented players hitting the market

That's how I see it too.  Murphy has shown worth but he may be available for a quick call up if the Bills need him.

I'm keeping an eye on him and right now I don't think he will be picked up but that punt return last night may do it for him.

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I would think that Wade is a lock for the IPPP PS tenth spot, in which (I believe?) he doesn't have to clear waivers, and other teams can't claim him.

Is this true for him ? Never clear on his situation.

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Does anyone know why he changed his number from 45 to the Fred number?

To look faster, maybe ?

4 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

Is this true for him ? Never clear on his situation.

To look faster, maybe ?

Actually, I believe I am wrong. He does have to clear waivers even for his IPPP extra roster spot. Pretty sure he’ll clear waivers, though. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Does anyone know the timeline for waivers? I know they have to clear in the order of the draft, so how long does that process take?

Its 24 hours for a player to clear waivers.  If no team claims that player then he becomes a free agent(players with 4 year or less).  Any player over 5 years nfl expierence i believe become automatic free agents once cut from the team.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Think again.  Would you really want the Pats to keep 60?  53 makes for more parity.  

So you're saying 60 players would help the patriots more than the bills I don't get your logic there is only one Tom Brady on that team no matter how many players they have without him they suck plain and simple

On 8/30/2019 at 10:30 AM, jwhit34 said:

Mine:

Marcus Murphy

Dean Marlowe

Ray Ray McCloud

Senorise Perry

Eddie Yarbrough

Whoever is the last LB cut (Lacy or M. Alexander)

If released:

Lafayette Pitts

Maybe:

Kyle Peko

McCoy

19 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Actually, I believe I am wrong. He does have to clear waivers even for his IPPP extra roster spot. Pretty sure he’ll clear waivers, though. 

With the McCoy cut I believe he is going to be protected on the 53.  If gets cut then he will get placed on someones 53.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/30/2019 at 9:30 AM, jwhit34 said:

Mine:

Marcus Murphy

Dean Marlowe

Ray Ray McCloud

Senorise Perry

Eddie Yarbrough

Whoever is the last LB cut (Lacy or M. Alexander)

If released:

Lafayette Pitts

Maybe:

Kyle Peko

I would add LeSean McCoy to this.  I think it will take a bit, because he's gonna want to be paid closer to the $6M he had here, but with all the RBs holding out and so forth I'm pretty sure he'll go somewhere