*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

This coaching staff is a joke especially on D.  How many leads do they get, only for the Defense to get completely exposed by in-game adjustments by opponents.  Stop scheduling decent Northeast FCS programs, ya can’t beat them.  Stick to the MEAC or whatever 

21 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Are coaching contracts at that level guaranteed? 

Yes. Big School programs make so much money they can eat a contract to get rid of a coach. Schools like UB (MAC level) can't.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes. Big School programs make so much money they can eat a contract to get rid of a coach. Schools like UB (MAC level) can't.

Would there be any value in cutting ties with a coach (eat contract) and replace in-house until able to provide $$$ to attract new talent? Or is there too much risk in losing recruits, players, etc  

We are going to find out a lot about the character of the 2023 Buffalo Bulls this weekend against the Akron Zips starting MAC play. The Akron Zips UB has matched up well against in MAC football over the years. If UB gets trashed by Akron Zips all bets are off the bottom UB football could be potentially looking at. UB is in a tough spot because they can’t fire Maurice Linquist because of the term still on his contract. But UB could force Maurice Linquist to make staff changes at the end of the season. Also when UB Bulls goes to hire a new head football coach again no more Power 5 assistant coaches. Hire a lower level head coach like Lance Leipold a program builder. What worries me about Maurice Linquist is he won last year with the remaining Lance Leipold players and now we are seeing Maurice Linquist players and it isn’t good in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

1 hour ago, I am leaving for good said:

We are going to find out a lot about the character of the 2023 Buffalo Bulls this weekend against the Akron Zips starting MAC play. The Akron Zips UB has matched up well against in MAC football over the years. If UB gets trashed by Akron Zips all bets are off the bottom UB football could be potentially looking at. UB is in a tough spot because they can’t fire Maurice Linquist because of the term still on his contract. But UB could force Maurice Linquist to make staff changes at the end of the season. Also when UB Bulls goes to hire a new head football coach again no more Power 5 assistant coaches. Hire a lower level head coach like Lance Leipold a program builder. What worries me about Maurice Linquist is he won last year with the remaining Lance Leipold players and now we are seeing Maurice Linquist players and it isn’t good in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Leipold also took till year 4 to have a winning record

You forget about his 2 and 10 seconds year record... 1-6 in MAC

It took him years to turn it around 

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Leipold also took till year 4 to have a winning record

You forget about his 2 and 10 seconds year record... 1-6 in MAC

It took him years to turn it around 

Yes but Lance Leipold didn’t have a field house to recruit. Or UB football state of the art locker rooms or a performance center going up. UB football donors have sunk a lot of money into UB football facilities. So no Maurice Linquist has no excuses for being a lousy coach. The worst UB Bulls football should be in the MAC is 6-6 bowl eligible yearly. That isn’t asking a lot for UB Bulls football yearly in the MAC. Too many Buffalo fans that don’t follow the UB football program closely think it’s 1999 still. The millions of private investment by the UB donors Maurice Linquist isn’t being asked to preform a miracle. The bottom line is Maurice Linquist is learning on the job and his choice of coordinators are iffy. When you lose at both lines of scrimmage that isn’t good and it makes me question what is being taught in practice. The bottom line if this 2023 UB Bulls team isn’t MAC bowling that sets UB Bulls back big time because that is a whole another month of practice lost. If they don’t make a bowl there is nothing you can do with Maurice Linquist because of the length still on his contract but I would fire both the UB offensive and defensive coordinators 0-4 is ridiculous and unacceptable in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

59 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

Yes but Lance Leipold didn’t have a field house to recruit. Or UB football state of the art locker rooms or a performance center going up. UB football donors have sunk a lot of money into UB football facilities. So no Maurice Linquist has no excuses for being a lousy coach. The worst UB Bulls football should be in the MAC is 6-6 bowl eligible yearly. That isn’t asking a lot for UB Bulls football yearly in the MAC. Too many Buffalo fans that don’t follow the UB football program closely think it’s 1999 still. The millions of private investment by the UB donors Maurice Linquist isn’t being asked to preform a miracle. The bottom line is Maurice Linquist is learning on the job and his choice of coordinators are iffy. When you lose at both lines of scrimmage that isn’t good and it makes me question what is being taught in practice. The bottom line if this 2023 UB Bulls team isn’t MAC bowling that sets UB Bulls back big time because that is a whole another month of practice lost. If they don’t make a bowl there is nothing you can do with Maurice Linquist because of the length still on his contract but I would fire both the UB offensive and defensive coordinators 0-4 is ridiculous and unacceptable in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

UB has had more money than every single mac program since 2000

UB should be top of the Mac perennially...

Regardless of facilities they should be top of the line.. because they have pipelines and states that other Mac schools don't

And it took leipold years to figure out the Mac also

Now linguist is not the guy but his predecessor took years also

UB is dreadful this year...that's what sucks about them...they found good coaches multiple times in a row only to have them up and leave as soon as they build it up more...hard way to make a living, constantly having to change up the type of players the coach will want, assistant coaches, etc.

23 hours ago, Big Turk said:

UB is dreadful this year...that's what sucks about them...they found good coaches multiple times in a row only to have them up and leave as soon as they build it up more...hard way to make a living, constantly having to change up the type of players the coach will want, assistant coaches, etc.

It’s a weird thing, being a fan of a MAC football team. You want your team to do well, but so well that you lose the coach. The optimal outcome is backing into bowl eligibility. After Miami beat Cincinnati this year I think Chuck Martin will finally be snatched up by a lower level BIG-18 team like Indiana. And then the cycle begins anew.

3 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think with UB being 2-0 in the MAC it just goes to show you how awful the league really is. I honestly think the Missouri Valley Football Conference in the FCS is better that the MAC

And that means what? UB Bulls job is to win the MAC. The UB Bulls football players play the games on the schedule, they make a commitment to play football and go to school I don’t think people should knock that. The MAC plays good football again if one doesn’t like UB Bulls or MAC football no one is forcing anyone to watch it don’t watch it if MAC football isn’t for you. Last the MAC has sent a lot of football players to the NFL including our Buffalo Bills in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by I am leaving for good
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Ah, but the day is young.  UB strikes me often as the LA Chargers of the Mid American Conference.

You just never know. Today was CMUs day to suck. That was the first time I've seen this defense play well all year. 

I said after 0-4 they were going to win a few because the MAC is the MAC. But hey, they're 2-0. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You just never know. Today was CMUs day to suck. That was the first time I've seen this defense play well all year. 

I said after 0-4 they were going to win a few because the MAC is the MAC. But hey, they're 2-0. 

Mo seems to suck versus non-conference and is really good in conference

We just still might win the mac East

MAC football is crazy after all

I like MAC football because every game matters. There isn’t much difference between all these MAC teams. Toledo Rockets and Ohio Bobcats seem to be the teams to beat but Buffalo Bulls are talented enough to win the MAC East. Our schedule is favorable because the UB Bulls don’t do a lot of traveling the Bowling Green Falcons game at home is a must game for UB Bulls in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.