Anybody Been to Downtown Baltimore Lately?

Irv

I was there a month or so ago.  What a total swill hole.  Bums on every corner.  Dudes trying to wash your window at every stop light.  Stoned out addicts begging for money all over the place.  There is litter everywhere.  A total dump.  Buffalo gets a bad rap.  I'd take Buffalo any day over that dump. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Racist!!!!

Actually, more of a bigot.  ‘Bums’, ‘dudes’, and ‘addicts’ know no bounds with regards to race.

EDIT:  A month ago?  Now I know why I called it ‘I Missed It News’.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

Nice!  Love it! Baltimore keeping it real...

...in BTW ?

5 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Racist!!!!

Why are they racist... They didn't imply any race.  LoL...

7 minutes ago, Irv said:

I was there a month or so ago.  What a total swill hole.  Bums on every corner.  Dudes trying to wash your window at every stop light.  Stoned out addicts begging for money all over the place.  There is litter everywhere.  A total dump.  Buffalo gets a bad rap.  I'd take Buffalo any day over that dump. 

+1....

26 minutes ago, Irv said:

I'm impressed that the word, "infested," didn't make it into your diatribe.

• Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Irv said:

You must not get put much trolling and all.   I hear Trump Jr's properties are full of rats too. 

Drive down Pennsylvanian Avenue and you will find the same. Go to any inner city and you will find the same.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm impressed that the word, "infested," didn't make it into your diatribe.

see rat comment above

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You must not get put much trolling and all.   I hear Trump Jr's properties are full of rats too. 

Drive down Pennsylvanian Avenue and you will find the same. Go to any inner city and you will find the same.

see rat comment above

The country has been overtaken by slum lords.

You with me in this thread when it gets cast down?  Words of advice, just don't sneeze or stand near anybody sneezing down there... They will know you're from (or near) Baltimore!

3kJD.gif

Ready?  On 3, BREAK!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Haha (+1) 1

Baltimore is 4 star compared to Newark ???

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The country has been overtaken by slum lords.

You with me in this thread when it gets cast down?  Words of advice, just don't sneeze down there... They will know you're from (or near) Baltimore!

3kJD.gif

Ready?  On 3, BREAK!

Why are y’all begging to have it shut down ? 

Don spoke on Baltimore months ago so the triggered ears are on high alert? ?????‍♂️???

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Baltimore is 4 star compared to Newark ???

Why are y’all begging to have it shut down ? 

Don spoke on Baltimore months ago so the triggered ears are on high alert? ?????‍♂️???

Not triggered at all...I love it! I never criticized Donny over B-More... He's a poet and prophet.  Taught me how to off it!

41 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I was there for the first time ever last January for a work thing, and no, I didn’t leave thinking it was a nice city.  I actually had a job offer in Baltimore before I decided on Vermont.  So glad I made that decision after visiting for a week.

Smooth move!  You Sir are VERY discerning!

Really... I wish I was as wise 20 years.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Must be Jarrad Kushner isn't a slum lord in Buffalo like he is in Baltimore

• Awesome! (+1) 1

"From God's lips to TSW's ears..."

Baltimore's a large city (30th overall) with significant embedded poverty, although at 22.2% it's well below the City of Buffalo's 29.6%.    Among the 30 largest cities, only Detroit, Philadelphia and Memphis rank higher.

You do see things like panhandling you don't see in Buffalo--but that's likely because income levels are much higher, so there's more money's to be had (median $47,131 in the City of Baltimore vs. $34,814 in the City of Buffalo).   The disparity's even wider when you look at the entire metro area ($77,394 in Baltimore vs. $55,448 in Buffalo).

With a population more than twice that of Buffalo, there's no question that Baltimore has a lot of challenges.    But IMO, its also got a lot of good things going for it and I enjoy traveling there regularly on business.

• Like (+1) 2

I go to Baltimore once a month for work.  It is horrible.  Traffic.  Cleanliness.  Crime.  All problems there.  Outside of about a 5 block area near Camden/Inner Harbor it is all bad.  

What is funny is I live in Richmond which was amongst the worst cities for murders in the 80's and 90's often being called the murder capital.  When you think of murder capital in the US I think of Baltimore, Chicago, St. Louis, and Detroit.