Beatles Hypothetical

We always hear about "What if the Beatles never broke up?" My question is the opposite. What if they broke up earlier. Split right before the White Album. Most agree that the majority of the White Album was essentially solo work anyway. What Beatles songs do we lose completely? What songs that we know as Beatles songs do we still get on solo albums? What's different about those songs?

Now, if this does happen, because they didn't let 2-3 years of tension build up, and they split on a more amicable level, do they get back together after a few years of all doing their own thing?

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

This is just a bull#### thing to say. While the Beatles were heavily influenced by the Monkees, they ended up evolving and building their own sound.

Who cares! As long as we got the Banana Splits as a result! Better than the Monkeys OR The Beatles! (Well, when I was like 7.) 

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

We always hear about "What if the Beatles never broke up?" My question is the opposite. What if they broke up earlier. Split right before the White Album. Most agree that the majority of the White Album was essentially solo work anyway. What Beatles songs do we lose completely? What songs that we know as Beatles songs do we still get on solo albums? What's different about those songs?

Now, if this does happen, because they didn't let 2-3 years of tension build up, and they split on a more amicable level, do they get back together after a few years of all doing their own thing?

You and Gugny are one and the same, correct?

2 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I think their career went perfectly as it was.  You can go back to Rubber Soul and Revolver and tell who wrote which songs.  Subsequent albums were no different.

Personally, what I'd miss, would be McCartney's harmonies and bass lines; and even some of Lennon's harmonies.  Harrison's songs were majorly enhanced by McCartney and Lennon.

I do believe all of those songs would have flown very high as solo efforts. But most Beatles songs are band tunes, in the end, IMO.  Sure, there are outliers like Across the Universe and Got to Get You Into My Life.  But most songs at least have those harmonies and licks.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Who gives a ***** about them?  They're just a rip off of the Monkees. 

A few weeks ago while on vacation I watched part of a repeat of one of The Monkees TV show and man, it was BAD........

I guess as a young kid it could have been funny and entertaining, but watching it now as an adult, it was just BAD

The episode was about Daveys grandfathers friend who needed help with his race car for a big race, which ended up being against a rival German team which was pretty much Col Klink from Hogans Heros............. Cant see that episode every getting made today

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

What kind of coffee would you guys drink if the Beatles broke up before the Monkees during the Packers v Bears game in 1968?

Depends. Is it an African or a European Swallow?

We’d have missed out on Let It Be, which was mostly a collection of previously unreleased songs and the forgettable Yellow Submarine. But most impactful would have been no Abbey Road. Unfathomable. 

https://www.beatlesbible.com/albums/

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I can't stand the Beatles. Overrated x a million

Just lost so much respect for you. But I’ll get over it.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I can't stand the Beatles. Overrated x a million

Yeah...the most popular band of all time is overrated.  Right.  You may not like them, but overrated, come on now?  I suppose Brady is overrated too?

Edited by Mark80

2 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Yeah...the most popular band of all time is overrated.  Right.  You may not like them, but overrated, come on now?  I suppose Brady is overrated too?

Isn't that the definition of being overrated?

"Familiarity breeds contempt"

~Mark 6: 1-6

Anyway...  The Beatles we anti-Christian... LoL...

? And the "White Album" proves it.