Bills Coaching Intern Callie Brownson: Third Female Coach for Bills

Gugny

3 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Pa-lease.  Barely been fractured?  Teams will fall over themselves to hire qualified female coaches if for nothing else, public relations alone.  Give it time and every team will have female coaches.  I'm sure I'll be bashed for this, but there probably aren't that many qualified female coach candidates yet.

The goal, here, isn't to fill teams with female coaches.  The goal, here, is for teams to employ the best candidates.

You think Gregggggg Williams' son has a good enough resume/track record to be employed right now?  Did Rob Ryan's history of destroying every defense he worked with qualify him to be hired by Rex?

And there aren't that many qualified female coaches, I'm sure.  You shouldn't be bashed for that comment.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Would ya what? Hire her? Let's not turn this into something else.

Hope she does a great job.

is it weird that this thread is far, far more interesting than you ed oliver thread?

• Haha (+1) 3

The Bills are taking a lot of credit for this on buffalobills.com. - talking about how "successful" this hiring is.  This, from the only NFL team never to win 10 games in the last 20 seasons!  I don't think they should be talking about any of their hiring being "successful" until they start winning.  I love the Bills, but they have been pointedly unsuccessful since the 90's.

Show me that the team does better by "diversity based" hiring.  If that can't be shown, it's just a marketing ploy, and marketing ploys aren't that interesting to people who watch football for the football.

p.s. It's kind of beside the point, but when I saw her on the sidelines I had no idea she was a woman, so I'm not sure what diversity point is being made here.

Edited by Thurman Kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Thurman Kelly said:

The Bills are taking a lot of credit for this on buffalobills.com. - talking about how "successful" this hiring is.  This, from the only NFL team never to win 10 games in the last 20 seasons!  I don't think they should be talking about any of their hiring being "successful" until they start winning.  I love the Bills, but they have been pointedly unsuccessful since the 90's.

Show me that the team does better by "diversity based" hiring.  If that can't be shown, it's just a marketing ploy, and marketing ploys aren't that interesting to people who watch football for the football.

p.s. It's kind of beside the point, but when I saw her on the sidelines I had no idea she was a woman, so I'm not sure what diversity point is being made here.

Maybe the point that women can be hired for something OTHER than their LOOKS.

• Like (+1) 1

So because she looks like a man, it isn't diversity?

:blink:

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, StHustle said:

So because she looks like a man, it isn't diversity?

:blink:

Oh, it's a kind of diversity all right, but what is the point being made?  That women can coach in the NFL as long as they look like a man?  If you have to have male characteristics to coach, is that really diversity?

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I don't.  I only care that the person who has the job can do it.  

I question if they would have hired a woman that looks female.....there, joke out of the way. I'm with you. I could care less. If she does a quality job pay her. If not fire her. This is about winning games not barriers.  But that is just my opinion. 

Edited by fansince88
  • Like (+1) 1

She definitely wasn't hired for her looks.  Was she hired for her genitalia?  Will the Bills be better?  That's the only question that matters.

I've never seen you discuss other assistant coaches' genitalia.  Why is this coach different?

• Awesome! (+1) 1