Bills Coaching Intern Callie Brownson: Third Female Coach for Bills

Gugny

5 minutes ago, Mickey said:

The only noteworthy issue here is that she is a woman so of course its in the lead. Besides, does promoting diversity preclude her being the most qualified? Would you have  celebrated this as an excellent non-diversity hire (whatever that is) if the article only covered all those qualifications you keep ignoring? My bet is you still would have responded with some version of "...they only hired her because she is a woman..."

Look, I'm concluding that they hired her to advance diversity because that's exactly what they are telling us by how they framed the story.

As to her qualifications and abilities, I'll let the results of her work tell me whether she was a good football hire, or just a good marketing hire.

Edited by Thurman Kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thurman Kelly said:

I want the Bills to succeed, but surely you don't think the Bills pre-season record has anything to do with that?  The 0-16 Lions were 4-0 in pre-season!

I think management is trying to distract us from the prospect of another 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 no-playoff season of mediocrity.

OK.  talk to me at the bye, when we are 4-1.  It ain't 2015.

3 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Wait... That's a chick?

please don't give Gug the satisfaction of that response ?

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

How do you know her hire is political? Maybe she’s qualified? Please, if have the inside info, let us know.

Yeah I'm sure that's she was hired....most qualified no doubt

3 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Oh for crissakes.. of course it's political .. stop with all the tip -toeing. 

So hiring females to coach in men’s football will always be political and thus, never legitimate, regardless of qualifications. Got it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Thurman Kelly said:

p.s. It's kind of beside the point, but when I saw her on the sidelines I had no idea she was a woman, so I'm not sure what diversity point is being made here.

The diversity point is that the Bills hired a woman. Period.

4 hours ago, Thurman Kelly said:

The Bills are taking a lot of credit for this on buffalobills.com. - talking about how "successful" this hiring is.  This, from the only NFL team never to win 10 games in the last 20 seasons!

The Bills won 11 games in 1999.

Edited by from_dunkirk

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

So hiring females to coach in men’s football will always be political and thus, never legitimate, regardless of qualifications. Got it. 

ok snowflake :"you win" not going to get into a political debate about a friggin female NFL coaching intern! Optics .. nah. nothing to do with it 

Edited by dwight in philly