Ruth Bader Ginsberg has pancreatic cancer

Not surprising.  The accelerated growth predisposes clones to cancer.  It's usually mitigated by adrenochrome administration during the quickening process, but given that adrenochrome supplies are tight because of Trump's inroads against child trafficking...  

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

And for the 20th time or so, why do these people work until they're dead?  Not just judges but many pols too.  They're choice obviously but it sure seems like one's last healthy years can be better enjoyed doing something else. 

She's doing a good job, why turn the court over to a zealous minority that doesn't represent the vast majority of the country? 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

She's doing a good job, why turn the court over to a zealous minority that doesn't represent the vast majority of the country? 

From a purely neautral stand point, as far as partisanship and the court goes, she made a terrible miss-calculation by not retiring during the Obama admin. The reward for the idiocy that everyone assumed Hillary was a shoe in is going to be paid in full if she passes or has to step down and Trump is given another seat to fill. 

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

All the best for her. If Alex beat it, so can she!

Did he beat it? I haven’t heard an update in a while. 

I do wish her the best as a fellow human. I hope she retires to fight and beat her cancer.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

From a purely neautral stand point, as far as partisanship and the court goes, she made a terrible miss-calculation by not retiring during the Obama admin. The reward for the idiocy that everyone assumed Hillary was a shoe in is going to be paid in full if she passes or has to step down and Trump is given another seat to fill. 

I actually brought that up during the Obama era here on the board and psychotic reaction from the right was pretty butt hurt levels of intense 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I actually brought that up during the Obama era here on the board and psychotic reaction from the right was pretty butt hurt levels of intense 

Just like your response to her passing away (if that were to happen) and Trump replacing her will be. Also, the lefts systemic lies and desperation regarding Kav. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Just like your response to her passing away (if that were to happen) and Trump replacing her will be. Also, the lefts systemic lies and desperation regarding Kav. 

I have no worries. The court can't venture too far from public opinion without facing a serious backlash 

15 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I suspect she will hold on hoping for a Democratic President.

If this was a D or R, my advice would be resign and enjoy the time left with your family.  That is the legacy to protect, not the Supreme Court.

Well, a trip to Epstein Island is probably off the list.

25 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I suspect she will hold on hoping for a Democratic President.

If this was a D or R, my advice would be resign and enjoy the time left with your family.  That is the legacy to protect, not the Supreme Court.

I lost my Mom to Cancer and saw what a late stage recurrent Cancer can do.   RBG has more important things to consider than SCOTUS at this point

30 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I lost my Mom to Cancer and saw what a late stage recurrent Cancer can do.   RBG has more important things to consider than SCOTUS at this point

We've said that before, but honestly, what else does she have left? Her husband died years ago, so it is very likely that her court responsibilities is what keeps her alive... Agree with her or not, and I don't, you have to admire her tenacity.