This may be the final preseason game for Josh Allen

HOUSE

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The "dress rehearsal" game starters usually play 1/2.  

Yes I realize that. I’m just saying I personally wouldn’t even bother (when it comes to the qb)Especially when a lot of these starting QBs sat the first 2 games. Josh played in them. He’s got plenty of time here. Just keep him healthy 

• Like (+1) 1

RE Playing starters...

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-allen-nothing-live-reps-112917545.html

Allen said there’s “nothing like live reps” to help him improve and he knows that improvement is necessary as he heads into his second season.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yes I realize that. I’m just saying I personally wouldn’t even bother (when it comes to the qb)Especially when a lot of these starting QBs sat the first 2 games. Josh played in them. He’s got plenty of time here. Just keep him healthy 

there is as much RISK as REWARD  imo.   

38 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Prayer won’t help. He’s fodder. Not much better that the QB we signed a couple years ago just to get bounced around for game 4, then back he went to Topps Friendly Markets.

The League MUST address this stupid event quickly.

I was ok with preseason game 4 awhile back.   I thought it would be interesting to watch Tyree play the bulk of a game in an attempt to make the ps along with an interesting crop of new WR additions.  Now it looks like it might be an event to witness the death of Tyree's NFL dream and that has little appeal to me.  I do not think he can play TE.  He always seems gasping for air, filled with doubt to the point it cripples his competitive will.   Watch Chad Kelly play and you see much of what Tyree lacks as a competitor.  I hope Tyree can prove me wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

The third preseason game for me is known as the "hold your breath and pray" game.

We've made it this far without any calamitous injuries (knock on wood). Please, please, PLEASE....tiny, infant, 6 lb 8 oz baby Jesus, please....let the starters get through this game without harm.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 4

I don't understand the importance of the 3rd preseason game....the regular season is over 2 weeks away...why would this game matter? There won't be any carryover or momentum

Edited by nucci

20 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I was ok with preseason game 4 awhile back.   I thought it would be interesting to watch Tyree play the bulk of a game in an attempt to make the ps along with an interesting crop of new WR additions.  Now it looks like it might be an event to witness the death of Tyree's NFL dream and that has little appeal to me.  I do not think he can play TE.  He always seems gasping for air, filled with doubt to the point it cripples his competitive will.   Watch Chad Kelly play and you see much of what Tyree lacks as a competitor.  I hope Tyree can prove me wrong.

Tyree got some horrible advice coming out for the NFL. He goes back to UB and develops further he is easily looking at being drafted. Probably not highly, but rounds 5-7. Now he will be cut and probably won’t even make a practice squad. 

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

I don't understand the importance of the 3rd preseason game....the regular season is over 2 weeks away...why would this game matter? There won't be any carryover or momentum

the game doesn't matter.  It just is the way it is.  Extend Joint practices and eliminate PS game 4.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Prayer won’t help. He’s fodder. Not much better that the QB we signed a couple years ago just to get bounced around for game 4, then back he went to Topps Friendly Markets.

The League MUST address this stupid event quickly.

Maybe that kid from Foxboro High down the street from Gillette who's supposedly better than Tom Brady (per reports from Belichick's film study sessions?) is ready to compete with Tyree for this coveted 4th game? Pray he's available. :P   

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/02/21/nfl-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-johnny-foxborough-mark-clagg-foxborough-warriors

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

the game doesn't matter.  It just is the way it is.  Extend Joint practices and eliminate PS game 4.

is this like the ridiculous "unwritten" rules in baseball...... Just the way it is means you never change anything.....

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Oh no, Tyree Jackson for an entire half next week, not sure if I can take that...

Two things:

1.  Entire half, House?  They'll probably save Barkley a bit.  I think we'll see Jackson for maybe 3 quarters.

2. I know it isn't important and I know I am getting ahead myself with tomorrow, but if we are 3-0 in the preseason it would be a shame not to go undefeated b/c of the QB in the 4th game.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

It's worse than that.  I don't think they would play Barkley much either-- as the primary backup he ranks too high up the food chain.  They maybe need to pray that the light comes on for Tyree and that he gives them a chance to make some plays.

And if not..... still, who cares? At this point, he's not making the team and the game is meaningless. The ONLY thing that may be decided by that game is who is the final WR.

32 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Two things:

1.  Entire half, House?  They'll probably save Barkley a bit.  I think we'll see Jackson for maybe 3 quarters.

2. I know it isn't important and I know I am getting ahead myself with tomorrow, but if we are 3-0 in the preseason it would be a shame not to go undefeated b/c of the QB in the 4th game.

Matt Patricia is sharpening his pencils for battle as we speak. 

• Haha (+1) 2