This may be the final preseason game for Josh Allen

HOUSE

1 hour ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Tyree needs experience; a lot of it.  Give it to him.

Ugh

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

come on @HOUSE    

Horrible title ... 

And  for that  You WIN the 

image.png.ac14a85e0394d126b8d7c15b39318cd1.png

;)  :D :lol:

Image result for kramer running gif
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Great. Nothing good comes from playing starters in preseason game 4. 

I like Frank Reich's approach.  He's not using starters--at all--even in Game 3, nor are the Bears who play the Colts. 

The more that catches on around the league, the more we might get some legitimate change in terms of how the league views the pre-season.

The 3rd preseason game is important in that this week they've probably been switching things gearing up to be in regular season prep mode. It's practice in implementing that prep in a game. Then afterwards I'd bet the starters at least all start to prep for the Jets using a two week run up to that game.

1 minute ago, wagon127 said:

People actually watch the 4th preseason game? I always make it a point that I do something else.

I let other people do that and read about it on here.

9 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Oh no, Tyree Jackson for an entire half next week, not sure if I can take that...

I think it is likely to be Jackson for all but maybe one of two series.  If I was McD, I would not play Barkley at all.  They clearly cannot afford to lose him, as there is no way Jackson is ready to play a real NFL game if Allen gets hurt.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Logic said:

The third preseason game for me is known as the "hold your breath and pray" game.

We've made it this far without any calamitous injuries (knock on wood). Please, please, PLEASE....tiny, infant, 6 lb 8 oz baby Jesus, please....let the starters get through this game without harm.

giphy.gif

But I don't get it. What keeps you from being this afraid of week 1?  If someone gets injured it's just bad luck. Their luck is the same, whether you held them out of one preseason game or not, right?  You can be injured during practice, too. Should we worry every week that someone gets injured in a meaningless practice between games?

Edited by BringBackFlutie

10 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I would guess entire game

No sense playing Barkley either in week 4

Playing Barkley gives them a much better chance to evaluate WRs and TEs on the verge of making the roster, though.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BringBackFlutie said:

But I don't get it. What keeps you from being this afraid of week 1?  If someone gets injured it's just bad luck. Their luck is the same, whether you held them out of one preseason game or not, right?  You can be injured during practice, too. Should we worry every week that someone gets injured in a meaningless practice between games?

I think it's that we're SO CLOSE to the regular season. We've made it to within one half of a football game from entering the regular season relatively healthy. Also, the starters often play for 2 1/2 quarters on the 3rd preseason game, as opposed to just a series or two in the first two preseason games.

• Thank you (+1) 1