This may be the final preseason game for Josh Allen

HOUSE

Josh Allen during Buffalo Bills practice at One Bills Drive, August 20, 2019.   Photo by Bill Wippert

Josh Allen during Buffalo Bills practice at One Bills Drive, August 20, 2019. Photo by Bill Wippert

Nate Mendelson

Contributing Correspondent

Friday’s game against the Detroit Lions may be the penultimate game of the preseason, but for many starters across the league it will be the last time we see them until Week 1 of the regular season.

Meaning this will most likely be Josh Allen and the first team offense’s final game action before the team opens the regular season in New York against the Jets.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/josh-allen-and-the-offense-find-increased-value-in-live-game-reps-this-preseason

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Great. Nothing good comes from playing starters in preseason game 4. 

Not much good comes from playing most starters in any preseaon games....last couple of years many are not playing at all

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

any receivers hoping to look good in the final pre-season game better slip Matt Barkley some cash prior to that game...

It's worse than that.  I don't think they would play Barkley much either-- as the primary backup he ranks too high up the food chain.  They maybe need to pray that the light comes on for Tyree and that he gives them a chance to make some plays.

3 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

It's worse than that.  I don't think they would play Barkley much either-- as the primary backup he ranks too high up the food chain.  They maybe need to pray that the light comes on for Tyree and that he gives them a chance to make some plays.

an entire game of Jackson handing the ball to Christian Wade works for me too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Oh no, Tyree Jackson for an entire half next week, not sure if I can take that...

I think the Bills should sign another QB this weekend and give him some reps in the 4th game and rest both Allen and Barkley.

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Prayer won’t help. He’s fodder. Not much better that the QB we signed a couple years ago just to get bounced around for game 4, then back he went to Topps Friendly Markets.

The League MUST address this stupid event quickly.

I wouldn’t even bother playing him much Friday. 1 maybe 2 drives and get out. He’s as ready as he’s going to be. Playing an extra few drives against a vanilla lions defense isn’t going to matter. Just keep him healthy for week 1 of the actual season 

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I wouldn’t even bother playing him much Friday. 1 maybe 2 drives and get out. He’s as ready as he’s going to be. Playing an extra few drives against a vanilla lions defense isn’t going to matter. Just keep him healthy for week 1 of the actual season 

The "dress rehearsal" game starters usually play 1/2.