Le"Veon Bells 1st carry.........

Tatonka68

Le"Veon Bells 1st carry since 2017 will be against the Bills. We is not "participating" in the Preseason. Is this good for the Bills, will he be rusty or football shape for the 1st game? The last game he played where he held out was against the Cleveland Browns in 2017. He had 10 carries for 32 yards and 6 receptions for 15 yards. This could bode well for the Bills. The Steelers barely won 21-18 against the Browns who went 0-16.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

A lot less important for a rb.  He actually should be really refreshed after a year off. I worry more about him in the passing game anyways. 

I am not sure how good in the passing game he will be since he doesn't have a lot of reps in the passing game. One wrong route and Edmunds will take it back for 6.

Edited by Tatonka68
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, rayray808 said:

I hope Oliver hits in him the backfield and then Clowney wraps him from the side... Edmunds picks up the fumble and takes it to the house

And Bobby Boucher shows up at halftime just in time to win the Bourbon bowl!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

A lot less important for a rb.  He actually should be really refreshed after a year off. I worry more about him in the passing game anyways. 

Bell is not getting any live passing drills one wrong route and Bills get a pick 6.

Edited by Tatonka68

11 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Bell is not getting any live passing drills one wrong route and Bills get a pick 6.

Is this true?  WTH would they not have him practice some live passing drills, hard to imagine.  Second of all they shouldn't be publicizing this if he isn't.  

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Is this true?  WTH would they not have him practice some live passing drills, hard to imagine.  Second of all they shouldn't be publicizing this if he isn't.  

I meant in preseason, drills only take you so far.

1 minute ago, Tatonka68 said:

I meant in preseason, drills only take you so far.

Yep this is a good point.  Still I think a year off at his age, incredibly fresh legs, he might be awfully difficult to contain.  We need to lay some serious hits one him quickly let him remember the pain.

Just now, KGun12TD said:

The 1st 8 RBs we will face in order: We need to worry about our run D.

1. Bell

2. Barkley

3. Mixon

4. Henry

5. Drake/Bellage

6. All six Philly RBs - LOL

7.Peterson/Guice

8. Chubb

I am very worried about our run D, every competent OC is going to study the tape from the second Pats game where we couldn't stop them.  I hate giving credit to belichek but he laid out a great game plan against us.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don't necessarily buy this. What is your rationale? I think a RB who has had a year off shouldn't be any more or less prepared than one who's had an entire off-season off. Is Bell's year sabbatical that much more beneficial than Gore/Shady's decreased preseason/camp work load? 

I don't know

When people talk about great veteran players not needing preseason reps to perform in the regular season, they aren't usually talking about veterans who have sat out an entire season and switched teams so that they are working with an entirely new set of personnel and an entirely new scheme.   I thik that will weigh on his performance more than the fact that he's "fresh."

37 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Le"Veon Bells 1st carry since 2017 will be against the Bills. We is not "participating" in the Preseason. Is this good for the Bills, will he be rusty or football shape for the 1st game? The last game he played where he held out was against the Cleveland Browns in 2017. He had 10 carries for 32 yards and 6 receptions for 15 yards. This could bode well for the Bills. The Steelers barely won 21-18 against the Browns who went 0-16.

I don’t know but should I take him in fantasy? I hate having to root for guys on teams in the division but his average draft position is right around where i will be picking 

33 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

I am not sure how good in the passing game he will be since he doesn't have a lot of reps in the passing game. One wrong route and Edmunds will take it back for 6.

I'm sure he's getting reps - just not playing in games taking contact.