Meanwhile at Dolphins camp...

I feel bad for Fitz. He somehow ends up with bad teams, and the one team he started for that was good (2015 jets) he misses the playoffs by losing to his former team (bills). Though he's been paid alot so I don't feel THAT bad 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

And his wife, while not ugly, was completely overrated!!!

Tennessee has the most potential but will never live up it qb depth chart on the nfl.  It’s Mariota!  It’s Tannehill! It’s disappointment!

I’d take 295 passing yards and 100 qb rating from a Bills qb. 

Of course you would b.c you wouldn't care if it came with only 6 wins.

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I feel bad for Fitz. He somehow ends up with bad teams, and the one team he started for that was good (2015 jets) he misses the playoffs by losing to his former team (bills). Though he's been paid alot so I don't feel THAT bad 

Bad teams? He had chances to "Win and you're in" and he INTed his way out of those games.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wait.  You mean the most recent year?  Solid argument. 

I'm going to assume you're bright enough to realize a guy whose career stats look like this-

60% completion.....208 YPG.....6.2 YPA....81.1 rating

is having what we call an outlier of a year when he posts stats like this-

66.7% completion...296 YPG....9.6 YPA....100.1 rating

and you shouldn't use it to draw any real conclusions. That's just me though.

I stop by this thread to have a chuckle at the expense of the Fish and lo and behold, here’s sea biscuit defending their honor and lecturing Bills fans about why they shouldn’t mock another team. 

It’s a bizarro world around here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Of course you would b.c you wouldn't care if it came with only 6 wins.

Bad teams? He had chances to "Win and you're in" and he INTed his way out of those games.

So if Fitz did that with the number 2 defense we had, what’s our record last year?  And before you say we don’t have the receivers TB has, he did it with some scrubs here.  

Fitz is the second best qb in the division right now.  

24 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I'm going to assume you're bright enough to realize a guy whose career stats look like this-

60% completion.....208 YPG.....6.2 YPA....81.1 rating

is having what we call an outlier of a year when he posts stats like this-

66.7% completion...296 YPG....9.6 YPA....100.1 rating

and you shouldn't use it to draw any real conclusions. That's just me though.

Yeah, I’m go with the most recent year.  I fear Fitz more than I fear Tannehill.  There’s a reason the Fins had to throw in a 6th round pick with him just to get a 4th.  Hint, he’s meh.  Hot Fitz >>>> meh Tannehill bad Fitz << Meh Tannehill 

12 minutes ago, eball said:

I stop by this thread to have a chuckle at the expense of the Fish and lo and behold, here’s sea biscuit defending their honor and lecturing Bills fans about why they shouldn’t mock another team. 

You’re annoying. ?. But yup, the fans of a 6 win team shouldn’t be laughing at 7 win one.  Especially when 2 of those wins came against that team and they fired everyone because of it. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I’m go with the most recent year.  I fear Fitz more than I fear Tannehill.  There’s a reason the Fins had to throw in a 6th round pick with him just to get a 4th.  Hint, he’s meh.  Hot Fitz >>>> meh Tannehill bad Fitz << Meh Tannehill 

You’re right. We should totally make conclusions based on something that happened in one half of one season out of 13.

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You’re right. We should totally make conclusions based on something that happened in one half of one season out of 13.

Yes, I weigh the most recent more than RT’s last “good” season 4 years ago.  

We’ll agree to disagree.  I know what Fitz is.  But his best is a lot more scary than RT’s.  There were very few qbs I feared the Bills going against less than Tannehill.  

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

As much as I like picking on Miami, it seems like only yesterday that Ralph Wilson was standing at a microphone explaining that it was Tuesday, so it must be Belgium.

More to the point, I've given up on mocking schittshows because we've been one a time or two.

Unless you're NE*, in which case I don't care because they notable cheaters, and while our team may a schittshow, it's not so lowly that it would resort to cheating.

They've been a schittshow also, it's just been awhile. During a good stretch of our heyday(89-93) they won 19 and lost 61, including a 1-15 season and a 2-14 year.

41 minutes ago, eball said:

This ^^^^

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Rosen will be the first to flame out in the afce. Followed by Darnold a couple years later.

Darnold and Allen will be going at each other the entire time both are playing for the Jets and Bills like Marino and Kelly. There is no way Darnold flames out...

38 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re annoying. ?

Dude, if anyone is annoying it’s Mr. “I’m worried about this, I fear that, and oh, my heart has been broken by the Bills too many times to have hope.”

You’re like a teenage girl, for crying out loud.

This is supposed to be fun, try enjoying it! 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’d take 295 passing yards and 100 qb rating from a Bills qb. 

He played in 8 games, after his first two he had 8 TDS & 1 INT. In true Fitzy fashion he had an opportunity to ***** the starting job from Winston, then finished the season with 9 TDs & 11 INTs. Every time he has something substantial to gain, when he's right on the cusp, he Schitts the bed. 

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

He's boring for sure, but he doesn't suck really bad. He's mediocre. He's the kind of QB you move on from 100%...but he's better than Fitzpatrick and that's not even debatable. 

It's debatable because Fitz is almost never mediocre.  So if you happen to hit "bad Fitz" he's clearly worse.  If you happen to hit "good Fitz" he's clearly better.

I mean, yeah?  Career wise, Tanny's stats are a bit better than Fitz,  62.8 vs 60.1% completions, 1.6 vs 1.3 TD/INT, 24 more YPG

Then you get into arguing what personnel each of them had when blah blah -

Tannehill is consistently not quite bad enough to move on from, and not quite good enough to get you there

Fitz is Fool's Gold - he's bright and shiny and brilliant until he collapses and sucks.

Which is better?  I guess it's a matter of taste.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's debatable because Fitz is almost never mediocre.  So if you happen to hit "bad Fitz" he's clearly worse.  If you happen to hit "good Fitz" he's clearly better.

I mean, yeah?  Career wise, Tanny's stats are a bit better than Fitz,  62.8 vs 60.1% completions, 1.6 vs 1.3 TD/INT, 24 more YPG

Tannehill is consistently not quite bad enough to move on from, and not quite good enough to get you there

Fitz is Fool's Gold - he's bright and shiny and brilliant until he collapses and sucks.

I should have said it's not a meaningful debate. Tannehill is statistically superior in every category. 

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I should have said it's not a meaningful debate. Tannehill is statistically superior in every category. 

Well, here's where I'll debate.  I'm not entirely sure differences of 2.7% in completions and 0.3 in TD/INT or 24 ypg are "superior"

They're higher numbers, surely.  But isn't it kind of like debating whether a Toyota Corolla is superior to a Honda Civic?  Maybe you can make a case, but they're both compact cars at the end of the day.

A nit but as far as "every category", Tannehill's career rushing is about the same as Fitz puts up in a year.  So there's that.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is all true. Even though I pick on him, I'd take Fitzy over Tanny any day of the week, even if it's just for entertainment value. It's going to be exciting one way or the other, with Tanny your prone to falling asleep while watching him.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, here's where I'll debate.  I'm not entirely sure differences of 2.7% in completions and 0.3 in TD/INT or 24 ypg are "superior"

They're higher numbers, surely.

A nit but as far as "every category", Tannehill's career rushing is about the same as Fitz puts up in a year.  So there's that.

It's the difference between being the 18th and 45th highest completion% of all time. 24 YPG is the difference between being the 26th and 46th YPG QB.