Cool summers

Ice bowl 67

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

I think he lost his touch. Maybe that mid-eastern food doesn't agree with his brain. Pretty sure my 9th grade daughter could have done better with that response of his.

But your Grade 9 daughter is not from Great Lakes Sub Region.

Just now, Gugny said:

You sure about that, bruh?

Yes.  Buffalo is Great Lakes sub region.  So is Green Bay.  They both share the same geology too.  The Niagara Escarpment stretches from NYS to Wisconsin.  What makes Niagara Falls also defines what is Door County.

Yes... They are are same sub region.

Do you want me to post diagrams again?

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But your Grade 9 daughter is not from Great Lakes Sub Region.

Yes.  Buffalo is Great Lakes sub region.  So is Green Bay.  They both share the same geology too.  The Niagara Escarpment stretches from NYS to Wisconsin.  What makes Niagara Falls also defines what is Door County.

Yes... They are are same sub region.

Do you want me to post diagrams again?

I don't need a geography lesson.  My question was to whether the OP is actually from Wisconsin, Einstein.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't need a geography lesson.  My question was to whether the OP is actually from Wisconsin, Einstein.

Okay... Fair enough.  Maybe I am gullible... But I trust she is.

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

kind of a rhetorical question no??

Why would anyone move there?  

Because it's nice and cool in summer.

The natives, Potawatomi, spent summers up there... Winters down here where I am at.

Why do you go to beach in summer... Or mountains?  To cool off.

• Like (+1) 1

I remember growing up in the 80's and 90's and having at least periods in the summer where we had more cooler temps and more rain. I remember taking swimming lessons in the morning and having days where no one wanted to get in the water cause it was cold.

Now it seems to be little rain with stretches of extreme heat. Although this spring/summer started off cool this year. It wasn't until late June that anyone I know was swimming outside and had pools open. Father's Day was cool enough to wear pants and a light jacket. 

It seems that there's a less gradual change in the temperature now, we seem change temperatures and seasons much quicker. Also seems like the weather is about a month behind the calendar now.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

I remember growing up in the 80's and 90's and having at least periods in the summer where we had more cooler temps and more rain. I remember taking swimming lessons in the morning and having days where no one wanted to get in the water cause it was cold.

Now it seems to be little rain with stretches of extreme heat. Although this spring/summer started off cool this year. It wasn't until late June that anyone I know was swimming outside and had pools open. Father's Day was cool enough to wear pants and a light jacket. 

It seems that there's a less gradual change in the temperature now, we seem change temperatures and seasons much quicker. Also seems like the weather is about a month behind the calendar now.

From my recollection of WNY, the Finger Lakes Region, Central NY (Syracuse) and 1,000 Islands. 

As a young adult I'd go camping in the 1,000 Islands anywhere from Clayton up to Alex Bay (and beyond) annually. Typical weather was rain and  mid 50's on Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends.    Even Henderson Harbor as a kid visiting relatives from April to September.

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Okay... Fair enough.  Maybe I am gullible... But I trust she is.

Because it's nice and cool in summer.

The natives, Potawatomi, spent summers up there... Winters down here where I am at.

Why do you go to beach in summer... Or mountains?  To cool off.

And your gonads shrink up to pea size in the winter.   

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

From my recollection of WNY, the Finger Lakes Region, Central NY (Syracuse) and 1,000 Islands. 

As a young adult I'd go camping in the 1,000 Islands anywhere from Clayton up to Alex Bay (and beyond) annually. Typical weather was rain and  mid 50's on Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends.    Even Henderson Harbor as a kid visiting relatives from April to September.

And your gonads shrink up to pea size in the winter.   

My gonads are bowling balls... I have a little more play with expansion and contraction!

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

You guys remember any Summer's where it never hit 85 degrees all summer and you really couldn't use the pool or go to the beach much? Lots of folks up here talk about a Summer back in the 90s being like that where some mornings and nights they had to wear a jacket. You remember any years like that?

1992 ... The year we bought our house.

Memorial day was the hottest day of the Summer, all of about 80 ... Much of July and August we spent wearing hoodies.... The only time I complain about heat is when we don't get enough,. I hate Winter.

3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Memorial day was the hottest day of the Summer, all of about 80 ... Much of July and August we spent wearing hoodies.... The only time I complain about heat is when we don't get enough,. I hate Winter.

That sounds about right. We had a big family reunion in the Adirondacks. We rented a group of condos in the same area for a week in late July and people came from all over the country. My niece from Florida was not a happy camper because it was so cold the whole time. I remember that whole summer being cold.  

• Like (+1) 1

The biggest change I've noticed with summer is the amount of rain that Pennsylvania has received over the last two years.  It's not only more frequent, but the volume of rain that falls in a storm seems to be more substantial. 

For years, you had to worry about drought killing lawn and crops.  Now it's fungus and so much moisture it kills the roots of the plants.

18 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

You guys remember any Summer's where it never hit 85 degrees all summer and you really couldn't use the pool or go to the beach much? Lots of folks up here talk about a Summer back in the 90s being like that where some mornings and nights they had to wear a jacket. You remember any years like that?

The last two summers before I moved from Buffalo, it never got above 85.

Less than 3 hours from us is Highlands, NC. Some of the people from my wife’s office (umm, the one’s with the most money) have places there and go up almost every weekend in the summer. It’s almost 6:00pm here and it’s 89 degrees, feels like 94. I like heat, but I just looked at the Highlands 10 day forecast, lows in the 50’s and highs in the low 70’s. It does have a certain appeal! I don’t hate on people with money, because I’d like to be one....a cool one....some day. We can pick a weekend here or there to rent a place and pretend.  

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

I thought 1967 was the Summer of Love.

Do you remember the movie..Summer of '42..

He went into the  soda fountain shop for "rubbers"..it took me a few talks with my young buds to do the math...thinking women actually wore rubber underwear.I was about 10 when it was on tv (Saturday night after the news).

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:
On 7/22/2019 at 7:07 AM, Gugny said:

I thought 1967 was the Summer of Love.

Do you remember the movie..Summer of '42..

He went into the  soda fountain shop for "rubbers"..it took me a few talks with my young buds to do the math...thinking women actually wore rubber underwear.I was about 10 when it was on tv (Saturday night after the news).

There is so much wrong there, I don't know where to begin. 

17 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Yup, remember this one. Got to mid-80's over memorial day weekend, never touched 80 again

On 7/22/2019 at 8:15 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Of course!

OP:  We are from Buffalo.  There are two seasons:

1. Winter

2. August road repair

fixed now

• Thank you (+1) 1