Trump's 4th of July Speech thread

17 hours ago, snafu said:

His argument isn’t that states don’t necessarily care, they obviously do care. Perhaps several states don’t believe that ameding their laws will prove to safeguard their elections. There are most likely several measures that can be undertaken — or don’t need to be taken.  I’m positive that laws don’t need to be passed to make elections “safer”.. Do you think there’s no internal review going on or measures being taken?

You say that the only conclusion to be drawn is that Republicans don’t care, as long as cheating goes their way?  That’s ridiculous. There are predominantly Republican-controlled states and predominantly Democrat-controlled states. Are only D states doing something to safeguard elections?  What laws have they passed? What internal measures have they undertaken? Have any R states made any changes or review?

It is a states-rights argument. It is absolutely correct.  The solution to every problem is not a Fedarally mandated one. 

Again, if it's a states rights issue why aren't some of the states interested?

Shouldn't every state have a paper trail, since we know that cybersecurity is terribly weak? 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You still have no understanding of what happened in 2016 and who exactly interfered with the election. Which is a shame. 

Was it that 400 pound kid that Trump told us about?

Do you also see a risk in trying to verify election results?

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Was it that 400 pound kid that Trump told us about?

It was our own federal government and its intelligence services.

The same one you're (ignorantly) proclaiming should be rightfully given full control of the election process.

If you understood what happened in 2016, you'd understand how ironic your position now is.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It was our own federal government and its intelligence services.

The same one you're (ignorantly) proclaiming should be rightfully given full control of the election process.

If you understood what happened in 2016, you'd understand how ironic your position now is.

When a conspiracy theorist lectures me on my supposed lack of knowledge, it's hard to take it very seriously. 

Edited by Kemp

7 minutes ago, Kemp said:

When a conspiracy theorist lectures me on my supposed lack of knowledge, it's hard to take it very seriously. 

You do lack knowledge -- and by pushing Trump/Russia or "we need to protect our elections from Russia!" hysteria, you are indeed pushing a conspiracy theory. One you've bought fully into without any real evidence to support it. 

Quick, tell me who wrote the Steele Dossier? Who paid for it? Who used it as the basis for a FISA warrant on Carter Page? Why did they need a FISA on Mr. Page in the first place? How does FISA surveillance work? 

Yeah, you know nothing about this issue as your posts continually prove. Which is sad. It's all there for you to see if only you were intellectually honest enough to do the work.

15 minutes ago, Kemp said:

who's the real conspiracy theorist here? the one who continues to believe what has been refuted and continues to buy the horseshit or the one who has been ahead of the curve by over two years and proven right?

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

You do lack knowledge -- and by pushing Trump/Russia or "we need to protect our elections from Russia!" hysteria, you are indeed pushing a conspiracy theory. One you've bought fully into without any real evidence to support it. 

Quick, tell me who wrote the Steele Dossier? Who paid for it? Who used it as the basis for a FISA warrant on Carter Page? Why did they need a FISA on Mr. Page in the first place? How does FISA surveillance work? 

Yeah, you know nothing about this issue as your posts continually prove. Which is sad. It's all there for you to see if only you were intellectually honest enough to do the work.

You're a condescending conspiracy theorist.

The Free Beacon, funded in large part by the New York hedge fund billionaire Paul Singer, hired the firm, Fusion GPS, in 2015 to unearth damaging information about several Republican presidential candidates, including Mr. Trump. But The Free Beacon told the firm to stop doing research on Mr. Trump in May 2016, as Mr. Trump was clinching the Republican nomination.

Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee had begun paying Fusion GPS in April for research that eventually became the basis for the dossier.

Who do you regard as a legitimate source? The Gateway Pundit?

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

who's the real conspiracy theorist here? the one who continues to believe what has been refuted and continues to buy the horseshit or the one who has been ahead of the curve by over two years and proven right?

What has been refuted and by whom?

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You're a condescending conspiracy theorist.

The Free Beacon, funded in large part by the New York hedge fund billionaire Paul Singer, hired the firm, Fusion GPS, in 2015 to unearth damaging information about several Republican presidential candidates, including Mr. Trump. But The Free Beacon told the firm to stop doing research on Mr. Trump in May 2016, as Mr. Trump was clinching the Republican nomination.

Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee had begun paying Fusion GPS in April for research that eventually became the basis for the dossier.

Who do you regard as a legitimate source? The Gateway Pundit?

The Free Beacon did NOT have anything to do with hiring Steele. Nor did Singer. It was 100% Clinton/DNC money which paid for Steele. 

Now -- whom did Steele work for? And where did his information which became the dossier come from? Which sources? Whom did they work for? How much, if any, of the dossier was verified fact? Is Steele the source of the information? 

Why do any of those questions matter?

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Kemp said:

A lot better than the fellow who believes there is a "risk" in having an honest election.

Maybe you can tell us about this risk.

Clearly you don't understand what a Federal Republic is.

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The Free Beacon did NOT have anything to do with hiring Steele. Nor did Singer. It was 100% Clinton/DNC money which paid for Steele. 

Now -- whom did Steele work for? And where did his information which became the dossier come from? Which sources? Whom did they work for? How much, if any, of the dossier was verified fact? Is Steele the source of the information? 

Why do any of those questions matter?

Is the Gateway Pundit a legit source?

Who do you regard as legit sources?

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Clearly you don't understand what a Federal Republic is.

Glad that's been cleared up.

By the way, in a federal republic, national security is handled at the federal level. National elections are therefore under the umbrella of the federal government. 

Edited by Kemp

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Is the Gateway Pundit a legit source?

I've never used Gateway Pundit in any of the links I've shared on this subject. Not a fan. 

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

Who do you regard as legit sources?

Primary source information. First hand accounts, testimonies of people directly involved. Documentation. 

There is legitimate journalism done in nearly every outlet -- along with lots of disinformation. I've answered this question 1000 times if I've answered it once: thinking an entire outlet is legit or not is to miss the point. You have to go story by story, outlet by outlet, author by author. 

Now, kindly address the questions you're dodging. The ones you can't answer because you do not have the background information on the matter you're so worked up over. 

Who wrote the Steele Dossier? 

Who paid for it?

Who used it as the basis for a FISA warrant on Carter Page?

Why did they need a FISA on Mr. Page in the first place?

How does FISA surveillance work? Why is that important?

For whom did Steele work?

And where did his information which became the dossier come from?

Which sources?

Whom did they work for?

Is Steele the source of the information?  Why is that important?

How much, if any, of the dossier was verified fact? 

Why is that important?

I bet you cannot answer most of these questions accurately...

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Again, if it's a states rights issue why aren't some of the states interested?

You didn’t read what I posted, did you?

Q: how do you know that “some of the states aren’t interested”?

23 minutes ago, Kemp said:

By the way, in a federal republic, national security is handled at the federal level. National elections are therefore under the umbrella of the federal government. 

This shows your complete lack of understanding of federalism. States control elections and election systems within their borders, not the Federal government. Proclaiming something "national security" over Russia histrionics does not alter that fact.

You're advocating for the exact opposite of what our republic is. If you want a police state where the national government runs everything, at least admit you're for totalitarianism.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I've never used Gateway Pundit in any of the links I've shared on this subject. Not a fan. 

Primary source information. First hand accounts, testimonies of people directly involved. Documentation. 

There is legitimate journalism done in nearly every outlet -- along with lots of disinformation. I've answered this question 1000 times if I've answered it once: thinking an entire outlet is legit or not is to miss the point. You have to go story by story, outlet by outlet, author by author. 

Now, kindly address the questions you're dodging. The ones you can't answer because you do not have the background information on the matter you're so worked up over. 

Who wrote the Steele Dossier? 

Who paid for it?

Who used it as the basis for a FISA warrant on Carter Page?

Why did they need a FISA on Mr. Page in the first place?

How does FISA surveillance work? Why is that important?

For whom did Steele work?

And where did his information which became the dossier come from?

Which sources?

Whom did they work for?

Is Steele the source of the information?  Why is that important?

How much, if any, of the dossier was verified fact? 

Why is that important?

I bet you cannot answer most of these questions accurately...

I understand that you enjoy operating as a mentor for some here and that this is your kingdom of sorts, but why on earth would you choose a Buffalo Bills fan board? Wouldn't you be of more value working for the Republicans in Congress or for the administration, or by making money with your vast knowledge of the real truth?

The last time I engaged you here another poster pointed me to what he thought was your central source on Twitter, but I don't remember the name of the Twitter ID, at least not exactly.. It was funny following his posts and you posting the same stuff.

I guess I'm not certain he's your source. It's possible that both of you are followers of a third entity or group of entities.

The fact that you choose to do it here is truly bizarre. Then again, you do have sycophants who revere you here, so I suppose you find that rewarding at some level. It's astounding how much time you spend on a Buffalo Bills board.

37,399 posts in 5 and a half years? That's about 20 posts a day, every day for 5 and a half years!!!!! That is crazy.

You should go outside for a while and take a break, or.you could continue to lecture and condescend and be a big fish in an unbelievably small pond. I almost feel guilty for having written this. Almost. If you weren't so condescending, it would still be weird, but by your doing it this way, it's all kind of pathetic. Then again, you do have people like DC Tom and others cheering you on, so maybe it's all worth it. 

I know that my opinions mean nothing to you, but the reverse is just as true. In closing, let us not forget this great quote:

“Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart  —you know, if you're a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it's true!—but when you're a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that's why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we're a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it's not as important as these lives are nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?, but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it's four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven't figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it's gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians  are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us”.

22 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

This shows your complete lack of understanding of federalism. States control elections and election systems within their borders, not the Federal government. Proclaiming something "national security" over Russia histrionics does not alter that fact.

You're advocating for the exact opposite of what our republic is. If you want a police state where the national government runs everything, at least admit you're for totalitarianism.

And you say I don't understand the topic. I guess in your world attempting to alter the results of a national election is not a matter of national security. Sound logic there, bud.

Even if you were right, you still can't explain why a state would not want to prevent it from happening. What would be the reason for choosing not to intercede? Because it's their right? A grade school kid could see that was bull, but you can't. Nah, you know the truth. You're just afraid to say it.

11 minutes ago, Kemp said:

And you say I don't understand the topic. I guess in your world attempting to alter the results of a national election is not a matter of national security. Sound logic there, bud.

Even if you were right, you still can't explain why a state would not want to prevent it from happening. What would be the reason for choosing not to intercede? Because it's their right? A grade school kid could see that was bull, but you can't. Nah, you know the truth. You're just afraid to say it.

How many votes did the Russians change? How many people did they convince to vote for Trump (or not vote at all). Why was our federal government ordered to "stand down" in 2016? Why do you seem to believe this is the first time in history that a foreign government tried to interfere in our elections? So yes, you clearly don't understand the topic - especially since this thread is about Trump making a political speech to take over the world, while holding tens of thousands of people hostage before sending the tanks in to trample them. Then fireworks.

By the way, there are no "national elections" in the United States. Try learning how our system works. You clearly can't grasp the concept of dual sovereigns, so I've little hope that you will understand the system of single-member district plurality (which is used in most states) or how electors are chosen during presidential elections.

If you want to know why a state isn't tightening their election laws, I suggest you contact each state you are concerned about and ask them. Of course, considering that 'grade school' level thinking is beyond your grasp, I have little hope that you'll actually put the legwork in before continuing to spout stupidity.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Oy, another Trump/Russia conspiracy theorist has come down to PPP to lecture everyone that has been following this closely for several years now that no one in this sub-forum knows anything about what happened, or who actually conspired to rig an election. :wacko:  It is a rinse and repeat cycle.

I get that people like conspiracy theories, I really do. I also understand that many people hate to be wrong, cannot admit when they are wrong, refuse  to educate themselves on how they were wrong, and try and deflect from their wrongness with whataboutisms. 

Must be a tough way to go through life being so willfully ignorant. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Oy, another Trump/Russia conspiracy theorist has come down to PPP to lecture everyone that has been following this closely for several years now that no one in this sub-forum knows anything about what happened, or who actually conspired to rig an election. :wacko:  It is a rinse and repeat cycle.

I get that people like conspiracy theories, I really do. I also understand that many people hate to be wrong, cannot admit when they are wrong, refuse  to educate themselves on how they were wrong, and try and deflect from their wrongness with whataboutisms. 

Don't forget how he'll run away proclaiming that we engage in uncivilized 'group think' here in the cesspool because we unfairly insulted the idiot for being stupid.

52 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He's not just another Trump/Russia conspiracy theorist.  He's a conspiracy theorist who thinks states' rights is Russian plot to hack the 2020 election.

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He's not just another Trump/Russia conspiracy theorist.  He's a conspiracy theorist who thinks states' rights is Russian plot to hack the 2020 election.

the concept of "states rights" has been deployed for dishonourable policy suggestions in the past... 

6 hours ago, Kemp said:

I understand that you enjoy operating as a mentor for some here and that this is your kingdom of sorts, but why on earth would you choose a Buffalo Bills fan board? Wouldn't you be of more value working for the Republicans in Congress or for the administration, or by making money with your vast knowledge of the real truth?

The last time I engaged you here another poster pointed me to what he thought was your central source on Twitter, but I don't remember the name of the Twitter ID, at least not exactly.. It was funny following his posts and you posting the same stuff.

I guess I'm not certain he's your source. It's possible that both of you are followers of a third entity or group of entities.

Image result for laugh gif

You linked me to my own account :lol: And be honest, you were't trying to engage me, you were trying to doxx me. 

All to dodge having a conversation which would force you to acknowledge to yourself that you've been lied to on this topic. And are woefully uninformed. 

Which you're still doing. 

6 hours ago, Kemp said:

The fact that you choose to do it here is truly bizarre. Then again, you do have sycophants who revere you here, so I suppose you find that rewarding at some level. It's astounding how much time you spend on a Buffalo Bills board.

37,399 posts in 5 and a half years? That's about 20 posts a day, every day for 5 and a half years!!!!! That is crazy.

You should go outside for a while and take a break, or.you could continue to lecture and condescend and be a big fish in an unbelievably small pond. I almost feel guilty for having written this. Almost. If you weren't so condescending, it would still be weird, but by your doing it this way, it's all kind of pathetic. Then again, you do have people like DC Tom and others cheering you on, so maybe it's all worth it. 

I know that my opinions mean nothing to you, but the reverse is just as true. In closing, let us not forget this great quote:

In other words: 

You won't answer the questions asked. Why is that? Because you're embarrassed that you don't know the answers? Or is it that you realize the answers would reveal that you've been had? 

This is the postings of a coward, my friend. A coward. 

• Like (+1) 2

“Based on that, we’re gonna have a lot of people joining our military,” the president announced during an exchange with reporters as he left the White House en route to his New Jersey golf resort, where he will spend the remainder of the holiday weekend.

This from a draft dodger? Lol! Incompetent, delusional and silly. 

Congresswomen Tweet ‘Declaration of Independence Is Sexist, Racist, Prejudiced’

by Mark Jennings

Original Article

On the Fourth of July, Representative Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) marked Independence Day by tweeting an article from the progressive news outlet Salon, condemning the Declaration of Independence because the document “did not condemn slavery, protect the rights of women or include Native Americans.”In her post, Rep. Pressley tweets an article, entitled “Fourth of July’s Ugly Truth: The Declaration of Independence is Sexist, Racist and Prejudiced,”

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Congresswomen Tweet ‘Declaration of Independence Is Sexist, Racist, Prejudiced’

by Mark Jennings

Original Article

On the Fourth of July, Representative Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) marked Independence Day by tweeting an article from the progressive news outlet Salon, condemning the Declaration of Independence because the document “did not condemn slavery, protect the rights of women or include Native Americans.”In her post, Rep. Pressley tweets an article, entitled “Fourth of July’s Ugly Truth: The Declaration of Independence is Sexist, Racist and Prejudiced,”

By that standard, the Magna Carta, Martin Luther's 97 Theses, Dante's Inferno, the Declaration of the Rights of Man, and Plato's Republic should also be condemned.  :wacko:

34 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

By that standard, the Magna Carta, Martin Luther's 97 Theses, Dante's Inferno, the Declaration of the Rights of Man, and Plato's Republic should also be condemned.  :wacko:

Probably never heard of them

9 hours ago, DC Tom said:

And that’s exactly what they want... Pride in America and celebration of her past to be condemned! That way they can sell socialism to the libtards with the message that America is bad, racist, and not inclusive. It’s sickening really, and they are buying in like sheep. That Ho-bag from the US women’s soccer team told USA Today that we really need to think about celebrating Independence Day because “ America was built on slavery”. These people are truly an embarrassment to the nation. 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:32 AM, Tiberius said:

“Based on that, we’re gonna have a lot of people joining our military,” the president announced during an exchange with reporters as he left the White House en route to his New Jersey golf resort, where he will spend the remainder of the holiday weekend.

This from a draft dodger? Lol! Incompetent, delusional and silly. 

What now?  You do realize there is a HUGE difference between being drafted and freely volunteering to join the Military?  I've tried all kinds of rational discussions with you but I've come to the conclusion that you are an idiot! Please let us know when you're done with Eighth Grade.

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

What now?  You do realize there is a HUGE difference between being drafted and freely volunteering to join the Military?  I've tried all kinds of rational discussions with you but I've come to the conclusion that you are an idiot! Please let us know when you're done with Eighth Grade.

Ignore 

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You're a good poster but damn man, if you're going to call someone an idiot...………………………………………….

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You're a good poster but damn man, if you're going to call someone an idiot...………………………………………….

My wife is a middle school counselor. She vouge for the idiot level of eight graders.  ?