Trump's 4th of July Speech thread

Trump made his critics look small during his ‘Salute to America’

Washington Post, by Marc A. Thiessen

Original Article

The “Resistance” warned us that if we elected an authoritarian such as Donald Trump, eventually there would be tanks in the streets of our nation’s capital. Well, on Thursday, their predictions finally came true. I’m kidding, of course, but some on the left are not. Harvard Law professor Laurence H. Tribe tweeted a photo of tanks arriving in Washington for Trump’s “Salute to America” and declared “The resemblance to days before Tiananmen Square is chilling.”

Trump's Independence Day Speech

by Paul Mirengoff

Original Article

It was excellent. Even CNN, in a report to which Jim Acosta contributed, couldn’t find fault with anything Trump said, although it took the obligatory shots at the event itself. CNN acknowledged that Trump’s speech was not political, but rather “a message of national pride.”

Trump’s ‘Salute to America’ showcased innovation, military might

by Nikki Schwab & Bruce Golding

Original Article

President Trump honored American history and heroes ranging from George Washington to Martin Luther King Jr. during a rousing Fourth of July speech punctuated by displays of the country’s military air power. Speaking before a cheering crowd that repeatedly erupted in chants of “USA! USA!,” Trump hailed US innovations in science, medicine and space exploration during his 45-minute “Salute to America” speech on the National Mall in Washington, DC.

The Independence Day address, which was free of any partisan politics, was the first by a president on the Mall since President Harry Truman spoke there during the Korean War in 1951.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Trump made his critics look small during his ‘Salute to America’

Washington Post, by Marc A. Thiessen

Original Article

The “Resistance” warned us that if we elected an authoritarian such as Donald Trump, eventually there would be tanks in the streets of our nation’s capital. Well, on Thursday, their predictions finally came true. I’m kidding, of course, but some on the left are not. Harvard Law professor Laurence H. Tribe tweeted a photo of tanks arriving in Washington for Trump’s “Salute to America” and declared “The resemblance to days before Tiananmen Square is chilling.”

Trump's Independence Day Speech

by Paul Mirengoff

Original Article

It was excellent. Even CNN, in a report to which Jim Acosta contributed, couldn’t find fault with anything Trump said, although it took the obligatory shots at the event itself. CNN acknowledged that Trump’s speech was not political, but rather “a message of national pride.”

Trump’s ‘Salute to America’ showcased innovation, military might

by Nikki Schwab & Bruce Golding

Original Article

President Trump honored American history and heroes ranging from George Washington to Martin Luther King Jr. during a rousing Fourth of July speech punctuated by displays of the country’s military air power. Speaking before a cheering crowd that repeatedly erupted in chants of “USA! USA!,” Trump hailed US innovations in science, medicine and space exploration during his 45-minute “Salute to America” speech on the National Mall in Washington, DC.

The Independence Day address, which was free of any partisan politics, was the first by a president on the Mall since President Harry Truman spoke there during the Korean War in 1951.

...any word from Nancy, Chuck or Maxine yet?......I'm concerned.............

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Nanker said:

They are Projectionists of the first order of magnitude. They should change the name of their party to The Projectionist Party. It's a more apt description. 

Bitter Ugly Loser Party

• Like (+1) 1

Going into Thursday’s “Salute to America” event in Washington led by President Trump, there were a lot of skeptics as to whether he could honor the nation without turning the event into a political rally.

The success of the event was probably best and most concisely summed up by Brit Hume.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Going into Thursday’s “Salute to America” event in Washington led by President Trump, there were a lot of skeptics as to whether he could honor the nation without turning the event into a political rally.

The success of the event was probably best and most concisely summed up by Brit Hume.

"Serious" media pundits were predicting a Tienanmen Square massacre... 

Just a reminder to those people out there who haven't figured out the media is not on the side of rationality nor truth.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"Serious" media pundits were predicting a Tienanmen Square massacre... 

Just a reminder to those people out there who haven't figured out the media is not on the side of rationality nor truth.

i expect the media to point out problems and inconsistencies in government

it's just that they never for one second bother to do this with a Dem President until reality truly forces them into it, like for LBJ or Carter

• Like (+1) 1

Did anyone actually watch that whole thing? I feel real sorry for you if you actually did, it was just pathetic. He looked like he had bird sh it all over him with the water on his bullet proof glass. What a bore! 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Did anyone actually watch that whole thing? I feel real sorry for you if you actually did, it was just pathetic. He looked like he had bird sh it all over him with the water on his bullet proof glass. What a bore! 

A bore? That's where we are now? According to nearly every media pundit and 2020 candidate on the left, this speech was to begin a totalitarian takeover of the National Mall, complete with tanks rolling over protesters! Now your complaint is that it was boring? 

Image result for what funny gif

Wild swings and misses like the past week+ of hysterical coverage about this speech is helping many millions of people wake up and see through the nonsense. 2020 isn't going to go the way you want, better start getting used to the idea of 5 1/2 more years, just for your own mental well being. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You need to cut back on the meth.  At least you are not using bath salts.

What I can’t figure out is why the left wing media keeps predicting these disasters before anything happens. They’re proven wrong time and time again, where they do a half assed walk back and then it’s on to the next hair on fire topic de jour. Even Tibs has to admit this isn’t a wise strategy to regain the White House.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

What I can’t figure out is why the left wing media keeps predicting these disasters before anything happens. They’re proven wrong time and time again, where they do a half assed walk back and then it’s on to the next hair on fire topic de jour. Even Tibs has to admit this isn’t a wise strategy to regain the White House.

We are witnessing the destruction of the establishment control systems, including the MSM. 

The brilliant part is they're doing it to themselves. 

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A bore? That's where we are now? According to nearly every media pundit and 2020 candidate on the left, this speech was to begin a totalitarian takeover of the National Mall, complete with tanks rolling over protesters! Now your complaint is that it was boring? 

Image result for what funny gif

Wild swings and misses like the past week+ of hysterical coverage about this speech is helping many millions of people wake up and see through the nonsense. 2020 isn't going to go the way you want, better start getting used to the idea of 5 1/2 more years, just for your own mental well being. :beer: 

It was a $100 million reality show that was totally stupid. 

5 1/2 years more? You really think the Russians will pull off another election theft? 

9 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

You need to cut back on the meth.  At least you are not using bath salts.

Lol, oops! Did you actually watch the whole idiotic thing? 

I was watching him stand there are read off the TelePrompTer thinking you are not suppose to make it look like you are just reading it! It was so dumb. 

I liked when when he paused for his cultist to clap and no one did! That was great. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Now come on. Please don’t tell me you’ve convinced yourself this actually happened? It didn’t.

You think they hacked the voting machines, equipment companies and voting books for nothing? Why did they do that? 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It was a $100 million reality show that was totally stupid. 

"Totally stupid" is a far cry from "HE'S TAKING OVER DC!" which we heard non stop from "serious" media pundits and experts. It didn't happen. Nor did he politicize the event, make it about himself or his campaign. Instead it was a harmless event, enjoyed by tens of thousands of people in DC and many more watching (the few places which covered it) on TV/streaming.

The entire media apparatus once again got it wrong -- not because they're inept, but because they're blind partisans, not truth tellers or journalists. 

Even you can admit that, Tibs.

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"Totally stupid" is a far cry from "HE'S TAKING OVER DC!" which we heard non stop from "serious" media pundits and experts. It didn't happen. Nor did he politicize the event, make it about himself or his campaign. Instead it was a harmless event, enjoyed by tens of thousands of people in DC and many more watching (the few places which covered it) on TV/streaming.

The entire media apparatus once again got it wrong -- not because they're inept, but because they're blind partisans, not truth tellers or journalists. 

Even you can admit that, Tibs.

Sounds like you are acknowledging it was a big, expensive nothingburger so you just want to change the topic to the media, which you don't like because they point out Trumps constant lies. 

I admit the media will point out Trumps many lies. Are they not suppose to do that? 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sounds like you are acknowledging it was a big, expensive nothingburger so you just want to change the topic to the media, which you don't like because they point out Trumps constant lies. 

I love the media. They keep exposing their own irrelevance, hypocrisy, and bias for all to see. Trump's biggest accomplishment to date has been this exposure imo. 

Example (Fox of all places)

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I love the media. They keep exposing their own irrelevance, hypocrisy, and bias for all to see. Trump's biggest accomplishment to date has been this exposure imo. 

Example (Fox of all places)

Again, you want to focus on media, not the banality of that grotesque event he held in DC. I understand why that is 

“Trump didn’t mow down people with tanks in the street... how lame was that!”

Oh.................................and 100 million ??

LOL, one would wish Gator would at least try and make his lies believable................?

From @marcthiessen: ''Of all the stupid freak-outs we have experienced since Trump was elected, the hyperventilation over his Fourth of July address and celebration on the Mall may be the stupidest.'

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Blah blah blah I'm stupid.

Yeah, those damned security considerations, ruining a perfectly good fascist dictatorship speech!

Do you feel more oppressed today than you did Wednesday?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Again, you want to focus on media, not the banality of that grotesque event he held in DC. I understand why that is 

The media said the speech was going to be a "take over" of DC, complete with Tienanmen Square-esque massacre. You believed it fully, as this thread proves -- and yet, nothing happened. They were wrong with every prognostication. It was a celebration of America, not Trump -- which is what most rational people expected and predicted... just not the media nor you. 

Now they say it was boring -- instead of apologizing for their fear mongering and divisive coverage. 

The establishment media is not our friends. They are an enemy to truth -- and people are seeing it. 

• Like (+1) 4

"I was surprised to see so much open support for Trump in Washington, D.C., a city that voted 90.9% for Hillary Clinton in 2016."

SCHOW: I Went To The 4th Of July Celebration In D.C. This Is What It Was Actually Like.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/49189/schow-i-went-4th-july-celebration-dc-what-it-was-ashe-schow?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwbrand

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

"I was surprised to see so much open support for Trump in Washington, D.C., a city that voted 90.9% for Hillary Clinton in 2016."

SCHOW: I Went To The 4th Of July Celebration In D.C. This Is What It Was Actually Like.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/49189/schow-i-went-4th-july-celebration-dc-what-it-was-ashe-schow?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dwbrand

that article sounds about what i expected...

talked to some people that were on the Mall last night and they  said the fireworks were not as good as expected.Most of that was due to God being angry at Trump and doing something with the weather that trapped the smoke in...guess the view from Rosslyn was great though!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/07/05/lost-wall-smoke-why-so-many-people-couldnt-see-washingtons-july-th-fireworks/?utm_term=.790fbfcf5e93

Edited by plenzmd1

32 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

that article sounds about what i expected...

talked to some people that were on the Mall last night and they  said the fireworks were not as good as expected.Most of that was due to God being angry at Trump and doing something with the weather that trapped the smoke in...guess the view from Rosslyn was great though!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/07/05/lost-wall-smoke-why-so-many-people-couldnt-see-washingtons-july-th-fireworks/?utm_term=.790fbfcf5e93

BTW, I took you up on that $100 bet.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I admit the media will point out Trumps many lies. Are they not suppose to do that? 

...it must be a gratuitously rewarding life to be consumed with Trump hatred 24/7/365......how sad.....

28 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...it must be a gratuitously rewarding life to be consumed with Trump hatred 24/7/365......how sad.....

it's kind of amusing to us, but yes it be sad

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Link?

:lol:

Ha! No link! Open source reporting. 

You seriously don't know about that? Why are you here talking about politics if you are so ignorant about current events? 

21 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Lol, way, way better than being an ignorant Trump cultist. 

Those idiots that went to D.C. to listen to Trumps pathetic ramblings as he read like a 7th grader off the TelePrompTer is would should make you sad, but I imagine you almost envy them. Sad