Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Gregg Williams: “Culture Beats Strategy any day of the week”

18 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Little much, no? 

If we can’t insult Greggggg who CAN we insult? 😂

2 hours ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

That was some culture he built in Buffalo from 2001-2003. I was particularly impressed with how that talented 2003 roster proceeded to finish 4-10 after a dominating 2-0 start. Maybe they just needed to hear a few more air horn blows to stay motivated? ***** you, Gregg Williams, you disgusting piece of *****.

where was even 1% of this tough guy genius when he was HC here, he zombied out more than Jauron.

Gregg says culture is important, so he's taking the team out for yogurt.

• Haha (+1) 2

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.  - Mike Tyson

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Bounty gate culture?

I don't think I've ever heard of a human being so blindly full of himself. Does he have a reason why he keeps getting fired?

When did he get fired?

I’ve always thought how crazy it is that Gregg is still able to have a job in this league especially after CTE became the hot topic of the NFL. He once said on tape, “Kill the head and the body will die.” For how petty the NFL can be with disciplinary actions, it’s amazing how this guy still gets to coach. 

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

When did he get fired?

Most recently, in January 

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

New coaching staff correct?

He was fired (along with Wiley and Zampese) and Kitchens promoted

39 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

When did he get fired?

• Haha (+1) 3

Yikes, dude looks like he’s been taking some classes at the “Gary Busey School of Beauty”.

3 hours ago, Heitz said:

If we can’t insult Greggggg who CAN we insult? 😂

....think he has a MAJOR endorsement deal............

image.png.551557267b53abd05fabd974804a4986.png

• Haha (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was fired (along with Wiley and Zampese) and Kitchens promoted

Oh so Jim Schwartz was fired here then and not just dismissed because of the new coaching staff.

• Like (+1) 1

"We'll bring a defense to Buffalo like you've never seen".  He sure did.  The Bills defense sucked ass when he was head coach.  ***** you Greggggggg.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Oh so Jim Schwartz was fired here then and not just dismissed because of the new coaching staff.

?

Yes, Schwartz was fired. What am I missing, is there a point you are trying to make? That’s an odd comparison given that with Schwartz, he was a DC with a new defensive HC who ran a completely different system. In Cleveland, they didn’t bring in an external defensive HC. They promoted the RB coach/interim OC to HC and fired Gregg, the interim HC, because they didn’t want him as HC, or DC. You asked when he was fired, and I told you. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, TigerJ said:

"With bounties no longer in his arsenal, Gregg Williams turns to insults to push the buttons of players like @TheAdamsEra https://wp.me/p14QSB-b0uV"

A culture of insults and verbal abuse?

2GPLz8E.png

• Haha (+1) 1

"Culture eats strategy for breakfast" is what most business models, at least the successful ones, live by.  Peter Drucker said this I believe.  You hire for culture and teach skill.  Not sure how this translates to football.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

?

Yes, Schwartz was fired. What am I missing, is there a point you are trying to make? That’s an odd comparison given that with Schwartz, he was a DC with a new defensive HC who ran a completely different system. In Cleveland, they didn’t bring in an external defensive HC. They promoted the RB coach/interim OC to HC and fired Gregg, the interim HC, because they didn’t want him as HC, or DC. You asked when he was fired, and I told you. 

...Schwartz became "expendable" when his defensive philosophy did not match up with the Bloviator himself, Train Wrecks.....interestingly, when it was published that Pegula was secretly shopping for a "czar or czarina", talking to Polian, Schwartz said in inner circles that "if that happens, I'l  just retire...I have plenty to live on (still owed $13 mil from Detroit)".....to Jimbo's credit, he landed well and seems to be doing ok........good for him....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Schwartz became "expendable" when his defensive philosophy did not match up with the Bloviator himself, Train Wrecks.....interestingly, when it was published that Pegula was secretly shopping for a "czar or czarina", talking to Polian, Schwartz said in inner circles that "if that happens, I'l  just retire...I have plenty to live on (still owed $13 mil from Detroit)".....to Jimbo's credit, he landed well and seems to be doing ok........good for him....

I believe he preferred to be “fired” rather than leave on his own, because he still had time left on his deal and would be paid 

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

2003- I dont really blame Greggo or any Coach that was under post free agency R. Wilson.

2008- Regime change

2011- The guy won them a SB

2013-

Im not gonna put the time in to do it.

He is arrogant and high minded, but never been fired due to his D.

BTW He had 3 top 10 Defenses in Washington.  I would say he was fired by Buffalo and thats about it.  Dismissed and fired are two different words in the employment world

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

When did he get fired?

Like every single season. He has a new job for a new team every single year.