Gregg Williams: “Culture Beats Strategy any day of the week”

15 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Oh so Jim Schwartz was fired here then and not just dismissed because of the new coaching staff.

?

Yes, Schwartz was fired. What am I missing, is there a point you are trying to make? That’s an odd comparison given that with Schwartz, he was a DC with a new defensive HC who ran a completely different system. In Cleveland, they didn’t bring in an external defensive HC. They promoted the RB coach/interim OC to HC and fired Gregg, the interim HC, because they didn’t want him as HC, or DC. You asked when he was fired, and I told you. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

?

Yes, Schwartz was fired. What am I missing, is there a point you are trying to make? That’s an odd comparison given that with Schwartz, he was a DC with a new defensive HC who ran a completely different system. In Cleveland, they didn’t bring in an external defensive HC. They promoted the RB coach/interim OC to HC and fired Gregg, the interim HC, because they didn’t want him as HC, or DC. You asked when he was fired, and I told you. 

...Schwartz became "expendable" when his defensive philosophy did not match up with the Bloviator himself, Train Wrecks.....interestingly, when it was published that Pegula was secretly shopping for a "czar or czarina", talking to Polian, Schwartz said in inner circles that "if that happens, I'l  just retire...I have plenty to live on (still owed $13 mil from Detroit)".....to Jimbo's credit, he landed well and seems to be doing ok........good for him....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Schwartz became "expendable" when his defensive philosophy did not match up with the Bloviator himself, Train Wrecks.....interestingly, when it was published that Pegula was secretly shopping for a "czar or czarina", talking to Polian, Schwartz said in inner circles that "if that happens, I'l  just retire...I have plenty to live on (still owed $13 mil from Detroit)".....to Jimbo's credit, he landed well and seems to be doing ok........good for him....

I believe he preferred to be “fired” rather than leave on his own, because he still had time left on his deal and would be paid 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

2003- I dont really blame Greggo or any Coach that was under post free agency R. Wilson.

2008- Regime change

2011- The guy won them a SB

2013-

Im not gonna put the time in to do it.

He is arrogant and high minded, but never been fired due to his D.

BTW He had 3 top 10 Defenses in Washington.  I would say he was fired by Buffalo and thats about it.  Dismissed and fired are two different words in the employment world

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

You're forgetting, he has turned down numerous HC gigs since losing his job here.

I just think it's great that he, of all people, is trolling the whole "culture" BS

Edited by Mr. WEO

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I just think it's great that he, of all people, is trolling the whole "culture" BS

He has such an over inflated sense of self. Now he's trolling the league on culture. Last season he was trolling the league on turning down HC offers.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

And that’s why all of the premium culture guys get the big bucks and the talented ones play for league minimum. 

Exactly. I don't care about 4.3 40's, rocket arms, recovery speed, or even technique. You give me a team full of gritsters with a touch of moxie and we're going to the Promised Land. No doubt in my mind.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

He turned down many head coaching opportunities to be the Browns DC ?

He wouldn’t even have to interview! 

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

You're forgetting, he has turned down numerous HC gigs since losing his job here.

I believe our son’s former high school was among those offers. He didn’t want to have to teach social studies as well, from what I heard. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

He wouldn’t even have to interview! 

Commish even said, "don't worry about to Rooney rule, you are just that special, Greggo!"

4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

2003- I dont really blame Greggo or any Coach that was under post free agency R. Wilson.

2008- Regime change

2011- The guy won them a SB

2013-

Im not gonna put the time in to do it.

He is arrogant and high minded, but never been fired due to his D.

BTW He had 3 top 10 Defenses in Washington.  I would say he was fired by Buffalo and thats about it.  Dismissed and fired are two different words in the employment world

He pretty much got fired because he is a polarizing personality. He has some some serious issues and he is very difficult to work with. He might be a good defensive coach on paper, but his personality is pretty much locker room cancer