Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Arthur Moats thanks Bills fans in retirement announcement

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Category NFL Players.  Jeopardy answer:  Arthur Moats.  The question:  Who is the man that ended Brett Favre's career, Alex?  Farewell Arthur "DON'T CROSS THE" Moats.  All the best to you in retirement.  

Went to that game in Mpls with a Viking friend of mine.

It was all, "Lets go Buffalo..." and laughing as Tarvarus Jackson was warming up to replace grandpa Favre, then it was all Tarvarus long to whomever McKelvin was covering.

Also enough "Skoal Vikings...yada yada" sung to me to last a life time.

All good natured...the Viking fans in our section were in great spirits talking about adding McKelvin to their Christmas lists for all the pass interference and receptions he was gift-wrapping.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

Went to that game in Mpls with a Viking friend of mine.

It was all, "Lets go Buffalo..." and laughing as Tarvarus Jackson was warming up to replace grandpa Favre, then it was all Tarvarus long to whomever McKelvin was covering.

Also enough "Skoal Vikings...yada yada" sung to me to last a life time.

All in good natured...the Viking fans in our section were in a great spirits talking about adding McKelvin to their Christmas lists for all the pass interference and receptions he was gift-wrapping.

The forgotten footnote is that after Moats KO'd Favre, Tavares [sic] Jackson won the game looking like the second coming of Fran Tarkenton.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Sixth round pick.  Despite poor results front office was able to pick some good players.

Met him once. He was in a traffic jam driving from an event in DC area sponsored by Jimmy's and saw me in my hat at intersection.  Opened window, pointed to my hat (he already had been a Steelers for a few years) and gave me a salute wave.

Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 1

I always liked Moats. Kind of like Lorax, could do many things well.

But I remember those sad sad days when he was our only hope in hell of getting a sack.

With the retirements of Kyle Williams, Lynch, Levitre, and now Moats, no Bills draft pick from before 2011 now still plays in the NFL. Also, Gilmore and Woods are probably the only former Bills draft picks whom we regret losing, but neither wanted to be here anyway so whatever.

I never met the guy, but my daughter knew him when they were both at JMU and said he was a really nice guy, I thought it was cool when the Bills drafted him 

1 hour ago, CoachT said:

I always liked Moats. Kind of like Lorax, could do many things well.

But I remember those sad sad days when he was our only hope in hell of getting a sack.

....great comparison.....:thumbsup:...two classy guys..........

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Category NFL Players.  Jeopardy answer:  Arthur Moats.  The question:  Who is the man that ended Brett Favre's career, Alex?  Farewell Arthur "DON'T CROSS THE" Moats.  All the best to you in retirement.  

Only Bills fans think this would be a real jeapardy question.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MarkyMannn said:

And according to one site, made $11.4 million over his career.  Now that's REALLY not bad!

Too bad that wasn't AFTER taxes.

Posted (edited)

Here's hoping that Jerry Hughes assassinates Brady this season like Moats did to Favre a few years back.  :beer:

Edited by Nick the Greek
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Has it REally been 9 years

Jesus I am getting old

i did not want to make mention. but yes you are.

we are aging as much as we might fight it

wishing you well Arthur. Good man on and off the field.

3 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Too bad that wasn't AFTER taxes.

After taxes, it's still more than most of us would make in a lifetime career.

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Has it REally been 9 years

Jesus I am getting old

I felt the same way when Marlin Briscoe retired.

Congratulations on retirement, Arthur!

Not to nit-pick, but the hit that Moats put on Favre was not Favre's last game.

If I remember correctly, the hit re-aggravated an injury to Brett, making him miss the following weeks game.  This broke his streak NFL record of consecutive games played.

20 hours ago, Ennjay said:

He deserves credit for enduring some really ugly uniforms he had to wear -- chiefly those Bills hockey shirts with the blue band across the shoulders and the Steelers bumblebee throwbacks.

Those were the best jerseys we ever had imo.

This fact is backed up by seeing all the different rap stars wearing those bills jerseys in their videos.

18 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The forgotten footnote is that after Moats KO'd Favre, Tavares [sic] Jackson won the game looking like the second coming of Fran Tarkenton.

How many teams have the Bills completely screwed for multiple years, simply by making them believe their marginal back-up QB was their next franchise QB?

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

How many teams have the Bills completely screwed for multiple years, simply by making them believe their marginal back-up QB was their next franchise QB?

Let's list them:

1. The Bills

2 ...