Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

3 minutes ago, GG said:

This schedule is wearing them down already.  They will be gassed tomorrow too.

I agree. This schedule has been grueling and it’s gonna be even worse in the ensuing month after they get back from Sweden. Tomorrow night will be a test for sure. I’m just glad it’s a short flight to Detroit.

I can’t cite being worn down as the reason they lost tonight, though. They just played poorly. And I’ll give the Rangers some credit, too. They were ready from opening puck drop.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Just curious what are the prices you can get for a ticket? 

Something came up, so I didn't go.  Decent seats were going for about $60, which is cheap for MSG.

• Like (+1) 1

Holy cow what a crap game from this team tonight.  Eichel was terrible; Dahlin struggled badly.   But why single those 2 out?  Lots of suck to go around.  

Will be interesting to see how they bounce back in De-troy-it.

Borgen called up. Scandella must be hurt and out tonight. But he’s a LHD while Borgen is a RHD. Interesting. I’d guess Gilmour gets the call to fill in as he’s also a LHD and Borgen is the extra? Hmm.

• Like (+1) 2

The attached link is a 9 minute segment with Paul Hamilton on WGR talking about the struggles of some players. He specifically mentioned Dahlin, Miller and Olofsson. He pointed out that Miller's play of late has declined and suggested that maybe he will be replaced when Montour returns. He also stated the obvious that Olofsson is invisible when on 5X5. Maybe a change on first the first line? As it has been pointed out here by others Dahlin has seemed to have lost his confidence. I would not sit him out but I would curtail his minutes.

This compressed schedule is brutal! I'm hoping that the team will get back to form in Detroit. The defensive effort in NYC was inconsistent and too often left Hutton exposed. Krueger is a lot less tolerant with lacking defensive effort and mistakes than he is on the offensive side of the ice. 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/10-25-hr-1-howard-and-jeremy-show-0

50 minutes ago, zow2 said:

So far I've watched both games shown on ESPN+,    @ Anaheim and @ NYR.   Both losses.  So the Sabres don't look any better to me than last season. ?

You are a jinx. Stop watching the games. If you don't watch the Detroit game I'm confident that they will win. ?

30 minutes ago, JohnC said:

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/10-25-hr-1-howard-and-jeremy-show-0

You are a jinx. Stop watching the games. If you don't watch the Detroit game I'm confident that they will win. ?

No worries,  I won't be watching any Sabres hockey tonight.   My team is up 2-0 in the World Series and will be watching that w/ friends.  Go Sabres!

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

No worries,  I won't be watching any Sabres hockey tonight.   My team is up 2-0 in the World Series and will be watching that w/ friends.  Go Sabres!

I'm rooting for the Nats. I hope you don't jinx them. ?

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I lived in DC for many years and was there when the Nats came into existence. 

I have been to many a ballgame there and always adopted the Nats as sort of "my team" even though that has really always been the Red Sox.  I guess they are my national league team at least!

I have many friends in the DC metro area with season tickets and they have been enjoying the ride.

I really hope the Nats can pull it off.

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I lived in DC for many years and was there when the Nats came into existence. 

I have been to many a ballgame there and always adopted the Nats as sort of "my team" even though that has really always been the Red Sox.  I guess they are my national league team at least!

I have many friends in the DC metro area with season tickets and they have been enjoying the ride.

I really hope the Nats can pull it off.

They've made a fan out of me.  I'm a Yankee fan and would like to see the Astros lose, but watching the Nationals win the NLCS really won me over.  I guess that team is the only thing that works in Washington. 

Ullmark played a terrific game. Although there were times where he is under duress he always was in position to efficiently make the save. Even though there were plenty of times when the net area was congested and there was a scrambling of players in front of him he was always able to track the puck. This was one of the best games I have seen him play. 

I thought Gilmour played well and performed as if he was a regular. I was surprised at the Joki and Dahlin pairing. Dahlin seemed a little shaky at times but overall this pairing was okay. I thought McCabe was our best defenseman in this game. 

The Sabres played a tighter game than against the Rangers. A win is a win. This compressed schedule is punishing and crazy!

• Like (+1) 1