Buffalo Sabres and NHL: 2019/20: Sabres season officially over. Draft lottery June 26th

BillsFan4

20 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

me gloat????

never!!!

Just letting you know... You're still a Capitals "Anchor Baby."  And... You know what leadership in this country wants to do with Dreamers like you!  LoL... But, don't worry, you will always have a home here don't let those bullies scare you! ?

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This matchup wasn't good for us last year so it will be interesting to see how it goes tonight.

Islanders were tough, but they got lucky on their goal. 

Sabres deserved a point tonight. They worked hard.

I sit in the 1st row end where Sabres shoot twice.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Wonder where JRB1979 is to tell us how high scoring and exciting the sabres are

They are still fun to watch. You probably only looked at the final score and moved on. Last night they played a good game but hit a couple of posts. The only goal was a fluke.  Next weekend I see them possibly winning both as they match up well with Tampa. 

They may not win every game but at least their style of play is fun to watch. A lot different then last season. They are more exciting then the Bills on offense. The Bills would be more fun to watch if they let Allen run out of the pocket to make plays. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Is it just me or does Dahlin not look good? 

He's not playing with confidence and it shows. Team's have adjusted to what he does well and are now taking away the room for him to freely skate up the ice. He is now more quickly being pressed and forced to give up the puck. In his defensive zone he isn't strong enough to match up with the stronger players who are around the net. 

The Islanders are a good team that plays a tight and suffocating game. I thought overall that the Sabres matched up with them and played them to a draw. The goal the Islanders scored was beyond being a fluke. We had our chances but our shots were off. 

This was a well played game but because of the style of play forced by the Islanders it was not an entertaining game. There was little room to make offensive plays. In these types of games I wish the Sabres would shoot more instead of making that extra tight pass that doesn't materialize into anything. 

The one positive takeaway was that Montour played well in his inaugural game. 

The attached link is WGR's Paul Hamilton's description of the game. It's brief but captures it well.

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/sabres-have-now-lost-three-straight

Edited by JohnC
additions

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Is it just me or does Dahlin not look good? 

I saw somebody tweet Mike Harrington that maybe it would be an idea to have Dahlin play forward..............He said No, a D is a D 

What skills make a D a D?  And, I seem to remember Housley or somebody like that doing that switch for a little bit.............Has anybody ever done it successfully?  

4 hours ago, shrader said:

Me on Lehner's save percentage being even lower this year:  It's been 8 games.  Who the hell cares?

I looked up Alex Nylander's stats with Chicago. In 12 games he has 2 goals and 5 assists with a plus 2. He is averaging 12:47 minutes a game. Those are respectable numbers. However, Beane's deal of Jokiharju for Nylander is very much in our favor. The Blackhawk fans have every right to be upset with that deal. 

Just now, GG said:

I’m fairly certain Sabres defense was also at fault on all his shootout efforts.

Haha! He literally didn’t stop one shootout attempt that season. Not. One. 0 for 8 and a stellar .000 save percentage. 

Anyway screw that guy. The Sabres organization stood by him, paid for his treatment and rehab and then he has the nerve to do that hit job on the Buffalo fans in one of the NY papers last spring? Screw Lehner. I’m sorry he  battled sobriety demons and I’m glad he seems to have that in control now, but HE  ripped off the fans by choosing to play when he wasn’t clean, sober, and committed to being his  best on a nightly basis. Sorry, but he doesn’ get to blame the fans for that.

He can piss off.