Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, name Adam Gase interim GM

On 5/23/2019 at 6:31 PM, FLFan said:

I was not sure if this deserved a new thread or not so posted it here.  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837130-stats-dont-lie-adam-gase-is-the-wrong-coach-for-sam-darnold-and-the-jets

An excellent analysis from BR concerning why Gase may well be the absolute wrong coach for the Jets and Darnold.  This is one of many reasons that I think the selection of Gase will cripple the Jets franchise for years to come. Lovin' it.  

THAT is an interesting analysis and conclusion.

I'd kill to JA's stats in those same categories last season; something tells me our young QB, like Darnold (and probably even more so) ranks highly with respect to target/completion depth on 2nd- and 3rd-and-long. His efficiency numbers are where the progress must be made. But Josh Allen is nooooooo Ryan Tannehill, for sure.

On 5/23/2019 at 5:31 PM, FLFan said:

I was not sure if this deserved a new thread or not so posted it here.  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2837130-stats-dont-lie-adam-gase-is-the-wrong-coach-for-sam-darnold-and-the-jets

An excellent analysis from BR concerning why Gase may well be the absolute wrong coach for the Jets and Darnold.  This is one of many reasons that I think the selection of Gase will cripple the Jets franchise for years to come. Lovin' it.  

It is an interesting find, Thank you!

What puzzles me - and maybe I didn't read carefully - is how can one separate out the impact of Gase's system vs. the field vision of the QB executing it?

I mean, maybe the play was there and the QBs Gase had didn't pull the trigger or chose to dump off?

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What puzzles me - and maybe I didn't read carefully - is how can one separate out the impact of Gase's system vs. the field vision of the QB executing it?

I mean, maybe the play was there and the QBs Gase had didn't pull the trigger or chose to dump off?

I suppose the way to answer that question would be to look at the same QBs in non-Gase systems...and I "ain't got time for that."

Anyway, I think Gase is an egomaniac without the goods to back it up, and the Jets will soon learn that the hard way.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Interesting question and while he does not break down the numbers in detail as he does for Cutler and Tannehill, he does mention that his offense worked very well for Payton Manning, who obviously is 10 x the QB of either of those guys, and of Darnold at this stage of his career. 

I would also also consider that at that stage of Manning's career the offensive design and playing calling had as much to do with Manning as it did with Gase.

Edited by FLFan
Additional comment