Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan, name Adam Gase interim GM

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It is an interesting find, Thank you!

What puzzles me - and maybe I didn't read carefully - is how can one separate out the impact of Gase's system vs. the field vision of the QB executing it?

I mean, maybe the play was there and the QBs Gase had didn't pull the trigger or chose to dump off?

I suppose the way to answer that question would be to look at the same QBs in non-Gase systems...and I "ain't got time for that."

Anyway, I think Gase is an egomaniac without the goods to back it up, and the Jets will soon learn that the hard way.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It is an interesting find, Thank you!

What puzzles me - and maybe I didn't read carefully - is how can one separate out the impact of Gase's system vs. the field vision of the QB executing it?

I mean, maybe the play was there and the QBs Gase had didn't pull the trigger or chose to dump off?

Interesting question and while he does not break down the numbers in detail as he does for Cutler and Tannehill, he does mention that his offense worked very well for Payton Manning, who obviously is 10 x the QB of either of those guys, and of Darnold at this stage of his career. 

I would also also consider that at that stage of Manning's career the offensive design and playing calling had as much to do with Manning as it did with Gase.

Edited by FLFan
Additional comment

Sign in to follow this