Best BBQ in the Buffalo Area?

38 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I went once, that was enough for me.

I'm luke warm about going back..I really didn't care for cole slaw on my sandwich and I like garlic texas toast instead of a roll..small complaints,really.If your reading to get the smoker/egg going, I need to mention the Guy Frieri sauces..I enjoy his Kansas City style the most.

Happy Grilling..Sunday is looking good.

• Like (+1) 1

This thread makes me want to go back to Memphis. Didn’t even see a vegetable for the week we spent down there a few years ago, ha.

Also,  I’ll second(third?) that Smoke On The Water is pretty good too. Small, gritty vibe too, feels like there should be sawdust on the floor. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

This thread makes me want to go back to Memphis. Didn’t even see a vegetable for the week we spent down there a few years ago, ha.

Also,  I’ll second(third?) that Smoke On The Water is pretty good too. Small, gritty vibe too, feels like there should be sawdust on the floor. 

I was in Memphis years ago and had a similar diet.  Unless mac and cheese counts as a vegetable?  I'm going to Austin at the end of the month and plan on making the pilgrimage to Franklin BBQ.  

1 hour ago, stony said:

I was in Memphis years ago and had a similar diet.  Unless mac and cheese counts as a vegetable?  I'm going to Austin at the end of the month and plan on making the pilgrimage to Franklin BBQ.  

Maybe the french fries smothered in pulled pork we had at the Redbirds game counted as our veggies for that week. Or maybe the grain alcohol slushies on Beale? Ended our night with those, had to “walk it off” in the hotel room because I sure couldn’t lay down for a while lol.

Man, I want to go back. 

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Cool. So can you order a full rack on Tuesday for Sunday or Saturday?

716...every week is different but I don't think they do Sunday's. My bride has them on her Facebook account,that's the best way to find out what they have planned..but yes..you have to order ahead,that's why we lost out today.

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

716...every week is different but I don't think they do Sunday's. My bride has them on her Facebook account,that's the best way to find out what they have planned..but yes..you have to order ahead,that's why we lost out today.

Thank you for the advice buddy 

On 5/1/2019 at 1:09 PM, ricojes said:

i have heard really good things about Smokin' Little Diner in Depew, but have not tried it yet.

http://smokinlittlediner.somegreatbbq.com/

So, my husband was coming home from his survival "class" today. He called on his drive and asked about BBQ on the way home. I told him there was a thread in this group, and everything listed was pretty much the same ole-same ole that we already enjoy, none of which were "on the way home". 

Then I saw your link!

I read off the menu from this place, so he decided to stop.  He got a brisket sandwich, I got a fried bologna (haven't had one in years!) The chips that came with my sandwich appeared homemade, my sandwich itself seemed grilled. I liked it! He wasn't as thrilled with the brisket. I took a small taste and one thing I will say, it tasted like there was plenty of liquid smoke used in the preparation. 

Hubby said that they close most days at 2 pm, so it is a breakfast/lunch place. They are open late two days a week. It is cheap!

Would we go again? No. I'd send him over to The Yelling Goat for a pick-up instead.  But it is always interesting to try new places. I did mention to him that I appreciated the timeliness of his request to this thread, and your link. Thanks! ? 

49 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So, my husband was coming home from his survival "class" today. He called on his drive and asked about BBQ on the way home. I told him there was a thread in this group, and everything listed was pretty much the same ole-same ole that we already enjoy, none of which were "on the way home". 

Then I saw your link!

I read off the menu from this place, so he decided to stop.  He got a brisket sandwich, I got a fried bologna (haven't had one in years!) The chips that came with my sandwich appeared homemade, my sandwich itself seemed grilled. I liked it! He wasn't as thrilled with the brisket. I took a small taste and one thing I will say, it tasted like there was plenty of liquid smoke used in the preparation. 

Hubby said that they close most days at 2 pm, so it is a breakfast/lunch place. They are open late two days a week. It is cheap!

Would we go again? No. I'd send him over to The Yelling Goat for a pick-up instead.  But it is always interesting to try new places. I did mention to him that I appreciated the timeliness of his request to this thread, and your link. Thanks! ? 

I went there a few weeks ago when they had a rib special... wasn’t bad but wasn’t anything special...

havent been back

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I went there a few weeks ago when they had a rib special... wasn’t bad but wasn’t anything special...

havent been back

Oh my.....This is killing me! I took my wife to a farmers market this morning, along with our wonderful dog....and my son’s wild puppy, but I digress. We arrived to learn there was a weekend event taking over the square, with arts, crafts, bouncy houses, and a lovely smelling row of food tents. Literally (that was for you @plenzmd1) the first thing I saw and smelled was a guy flipping a full slab of ribs....one of many! We took a walk around the square, the puppy was impossible and my wife had to get to a hair appointment. It’s been about 10 hours now, and I’m still craving the ribs I saw but did not taste. I’m not sure if I’ve been this let down since high school! Different, but kinda the same.....

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/1/2019 at 10:39 AM, Josh "Real Deal" Allen said:

I don't live in Buffalo, but I'm within a reasonable driving distance coming from the Southern Tier. I love a good BBQ -not so concerned about price.

Recently, a guy who works for me went to visit his son at college in the area. He came back singing the praises for Smokey Bones. I looked at the reviews online and it got a 4.0 not bad.

I really want to hear from some of the experts on here. What is your favorite place? Best Ribs? Pulled Pork? etc.

Ok not in buff but if you are in southern tier these may not be too far. Center street smokehouse in Batavia is good and so is the 3 legged pig in Lakeville in the north end of conesus lake

• Like (+1) 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 1:28 PM, stony said:

How was Franklin 's?

I got a takeout, while brisket so I did not have to wait hours in line.  I was trying to temper my expectations but it was excellent.  Worth the extra $ he gets based on his reputation. 

1 minute ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Recently tried Smoke on the Water in Tonawanda for the first time.  Ribs and beef brisket were both excellent and the sides were all top notch. 

What is the price on a full rack of ribs