Best BBQ in the Buffalo Area?

I don't live in Buffalo, but I'm within a reasonable driving distance coming from the Southern Tier. I love a good BBQ -not so concerned about price.

Recently, a guy who works for me went to visit his son at college in the area. He came back singing the praises for Smokey Bones. I looked at the reviews online and it got a 4.0 not bad.

I really want to hear from some of the experts on here. What is your favorite place? Best Ribs? Pulled Pork? etc.

Suzy-Qs Bar-B-Que Shack.  It's a dump, it's in a bad neighborhood, it's only open 3 days a week and it will run out of ribs, but it's by far the best IMO.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Our BBQ here is mediocre at best...even the ones that claim they are the best would be like the 80th rated BBQ in places like KC or Texas...a place like Q39 would kill it if they opened up here..

Then again when I was at Q39 and the waiter tried telling me how their wings were awesome I just laughed in his face...but their BBQ was like an all-night party in your mouth...

Edited by matter2003
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Buffalo is not known for bbq

great post, however, that doesn't answer their question

I'd easily go with Suzy's. it's a true mom and pop joint, so the hrs can fluctuate, but the food is really really good. 

it's not a dump, and it's far from being in a "bad" neighborhood. it's just not on the Boulevard. 

Edited by 87168
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 87168 said:

great post, however, that doesn't answer their question

I'd easily go with Suzy's. it's a true mom and pop joint, so the hrs can fluctuate, but the food is really really good. 

it's not a dump, and it's far from being in a "bad" neighborhood. it's just not on the Boulevard. 

Bring your gun and lots of ammo...9mm is best

49 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Buffalo is not known for bbq

No, but it is known for great restaurants. Plenty of good BBQ places in B'lo

6 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Smokey Bones and Dinosaur BBQ are both Chains. Its like coming to Buffalo and getting chicken wings from Pizza Hut. Go to BW's BBQ, its not far from the stadium to.

Dino BBQ is a Upstate NY chain 3 or 4 spots, so not a national chain like Smokey Bones 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Dino BBQ is a Upstate NY chain 3 or 4 spots, so not a national chain like Smokey Bones 

Yeah, I know, but it is slowly expanding out of state. Not nearly as much of a chain as Smokey I get it.

4 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Yeah, I know, but it is slowly expanding out of state. Not nearly as much of a chain as Smokey I get it.

I do really love DinoBBQ and I know they have on here in Stamford CT just outside of NYC.