Singletary Highlights

If this has been posted, sorry about that--

Enjoy - this kid has a little Thurman Thomas in him and he plays faster than his combine, though not terrible @ 4.66 I think, and he plays bigger than he is, he is not at all easy to bring down. His field vision is like old Thurman.

Edited by foreboding
Fixed link
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I was thinking the same about the Thurman comparison. He hasn't shown anything as receiver, but maybe that can be developed. 

To say he isn't fast enough is ridiculous. he won't be running many sweeps, but his game speed looks pretty ***** good to me.

His change of pace is what makes him so elusive, and his vision is verging on Barry Sanders (no, I'm not saying he is as good as Sanders).

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

I was think the same about the Thurman comparison. He hasn't;t shown anything as receiver, but maybe that can be developed. 

To say he isn't fast enough is ridiculous. he won't be running many sweeps, but his game speed looks pretty ***** good to me.

Yup, his football speed is definitely good.

I like the way he acts too. No preening after scoring, no "pretending to pee like a dog on the field" (see DK Metcalf), just finds his teammates to celebrate with them.

I love that run at 2:13, leaving 3 defenders falling into each other like the 3 Stooges.

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Like (+1) 1

Singletary was interviewed on NFL Network before the draft.  He sounds like a good kid who talked about being a leader.  They asked him about catching balls coming out of the backfield.  He said he can do it.  He wasn't aksed to do it at FAU.  They showed highlights of him catching balls out of the backfield during the combine.  Coaches asked him to do it and he obliged.  He looked pretty good.  

Edited by DCbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 5

It looks as though he uses his lack of height, combined with his vision to an advantage over the DL and LB’s. It’s as though they can’t see him and, even if they do, he’s highly elusive and slippery. 

Seems exciting to watch and I hope that translates to the next level. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, RememberTheRockpile said:

The Oklahoma game is pretty interesting seeing that Oklahoma destroyed FAU's offensive line. The guy does some amazing things.

Looked like McCoy behind our line last year. I think he has a chance to be an RB1. I’m excited to watch him play.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll root for anyone in a Bills uniform. The kid is much thicker than I thought he’d look but against Oklahoma the film looks pretty uninspiring.

What would you have liked to see that didn't show?  I saw good acceleration, vision, elusiveness.  I was surprised with his willingness to slam it in a hole to take what's there vs bouncing everything outside. 

• Like (+1) 2