Marshawn Lynch: Wall Worthy?

Gugny

Just now, vorpma said:

I am serious and you are dead wrong!

Stop, if you did not sit in the Rockpile and watch Cookie play I cannot even respond to you anymore; do some research and talk to people who know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

I am serious and you are dead wrong!

If you are saying that Cookie was better than OJ as a RB .... then you, sir, are dead wrong.

Better person?  Very, very likely.  Better RB?  Cookie wasn't in the same universe as OJ.

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

Stop, if you did not sit in the Rockpile and watch Cookie play I cannot even respond to you anymore; do some research and talk to people who know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem very angry, schmegma.  At your age, you don't need this kind of stress.  I suggest you visit PPP and calm down a little.  Or, perhaps, take a nap after Matlock.

Just now, Gugny said:

You seem very angry, schmegma.  At your age, you don't need this kind of stress.  I suggest you visit PPP and calm down a little.  Or, perhaps, take a nap after Matlock.

And you very young Junior, go do your homework!

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If you are saying that Cookie was better than OJ as a RB .... then you, sir, are dead wrong.

Better person?  Very, very likely.  Better RB?  Cookie wasn't in the same universe as OJ.

Sorry, as is very easily observed, you don't know Cookie; kicked off and field goals, devastating blocker, great receiver, and could play LB! Great football player - OJ a great RB!

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Not live, no.  Did he play for Buffalo for more than 3 seasons in person?

Ah, kids, they say the darndest things!

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You're out of your mind, if you're actually trying to be serious.

A question for you.  Were you around in the 60's to watch Cookie, Brown and the others?  If not perhaps you should not comment on Cookie.  He was as some have said just below Brown.  He was a combination of speed and power.  I would compare him to Jimmy Taylor.

He belongs on the Wall.  He was a great player who helped us win a championship.  A head case to be sure but a dominating player.  Lynch? Not a chance.  Your throwing numbers out there saying they're comparable ignores all the rule changes over the years.  And Lynch was one step away from a year suspension.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Not live, no.  Did he play for Buffalo for more than 3 seasons in person?

I saw him play, he was a fullback. The comparison to Jim Brown is not unfounded, they both punished defenders. Read his complete bio, he was drafted out of high school. Then had to play in the CFL. He also lead a civil rights protest against having AFL Allstar game in New Orleans. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Lynch was involved in a hit and run, possession of illegal fire arms and also would bring his own alcohol into bars, which is stealing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

A question for you.  Were you around in the 60's to watch Cookie, Brown and the others?  If not perhaps you should not comment on Cookie.  He was as some have said just below Brown.  He was a combination of speed and power.  I would compare him to Jimmy Taylor.

He belongs on the Wall.  He was a great player who helped us win a championship.  A head case to be sure but a dominating player.  Lynch? Not a chance.  Your throwing numbers out there saying they're comparable ignores all the rule changes over the years.  And Lynch was one step away from a year suspension.  

With all due respect.  I don't need to be 120 years old to know Robert Johnson was great at playing the blues; and I don't need to be 70 to know that Cookie Gilchrest did not compare to Jim Brown, OJ Simpson or Barry Sanders.

Just because some saw it live and in person, it doesn't mean they have a higher level of knowledge.  Videos of all of them are everywhere.  And the neat thing about videos ... they show you exactly what happened as it was really happening.

Back on topic.  I don't care that Lynch was close to suspension.  Bruce Smith lived on cocaine.  Simpson was found liable for two murders.  Fact is ... Lynch put up great numbers as a BIll.  He was here longer than Cookie and he had a bigger impact.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Okay, hear me out.

Marshawn Lynch played 3.25 years with the Bills.  He amassed 2765 rushing yards and had 17 TDs.  Averaged 64.1 yards/game.  Mind you ... he inexplicably had the ball taken away from him during his last full year there.

Cookie Gilchrest played 3 years with the Bills.  He amassed 3056 yards and had 31 TDs.  Averaged 74.1 yards/game.

I have always been a big Lynch fan and feel that he was rushed out of town for no good reason.  Had he stayed in Buffalo, he would have been one of the most prolific RBs in Bills history.

I think he's got a spot on the wall.

No.

Marshawn's YPCs in 2007 - 2010

Then when he started caring again ... in Seattle and Oakland:

Then Freddy the same four years as Marshawn above behind the same line:

It's not as if you can blame him. Poor guy was dealing with homesickness for the West Coast. I mean, homesickness. Who can deal with that and still make a living? It's not possible. I'm all for putting guys on the wall when they force their way out of town because they miss their hyphy music.

How 'bout the Wall of Shame? How 'bout the Wall of Stealing $20s from Cop's Wives in Buffalo Bars?

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

With all due respect.  I don't need to be 120 years old to know Robert Johnson was great at playing the blues; and I don't need to be 70 to know that Cookie Gilchrest did not compare to Jim Brown, OJ Simpson or Barry Sanders.

Just because some saw it live and in person, it doesn't mean they have a higher level of knowledge.  Videos of all of them are everywhere.  And the neat thing about videos ... they show you exactly what happened as it was really happening.

Back on topic.  I don't care that Lynch was close to suspension.  Bruce Smith lived on cocaine.  Simpson was found liable for two murders.  Fact is ... Lynch put up great numbers as a BIll.  He was here longer than Cookie and he had a bigger impact.

Actually it does mean we have a higher level of knowledge.  Two other things.  One, to say Lynch had greater impact than Cookie is just silly.  Second, you claimed you would not put Henry on the Wall because of off the field stuff but you'd put Lynch up there?  That kind of hypocrisy is, well, silly yet again.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And with all due respect, you cannot comment intelligently if you are 18 and just getting into the NFL!

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Okay, hear me out.

Marshawn Lynch played 3.25 years with the Bills.  He amassed 2765 rushing yards and had 17 TDs.  Averaged 64.1 yards/game.  Mind you ... he inexplicably had the ball taken away from him during his last full year there.

Cookie Gilchrest played 3 years with the Bills.  He amassed 3056 yards and had 31 TDs.  Averaged 74.1 yards/game.

I have always been a big Lynch fan and feel that he was rushed out of town for no good reason.  Had he stayed in Buffalo, he would have been one of the most prolific RBs in Bills history.

I think he's got a spot on the wall.

I agree with you Gugny, but many of the fans just aren't having it. Beast Mode began in Buffalo!!

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

He shouldn't OBVIOUSLY and neither should Fred. 

Hate incoming. 

?????

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I think Fred is deserving.  I just think Lynch is, too.  And I do not think Ghilcrest is worthy.

I heard that Cookie was Jim Brown like.

Clearly the OP is joking, being sarcastic, correct?

To put on the Bills wall the most inexplicably, unacceptably traded player in the history of the organization?  To remind the Bills faithful of how incompetent, even negligent, the franchise has been at times in the past?  A player that immediately then showed himself to not only be an all pro, but a  hall of famer, the day after he was cut loose.

(I remember after Lynch was traded of posting that it was the worst move I had ever seen the Bills make, and the backlash I got on the board when I said the Bills just cut loose their best player, and for almost nothing, and what may be the best back in the NFL.)

You don't put evidence of the worst move in the franchise history  (and one many on this board at the time felt was no big deal, a fine move) on your team's wall!

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, without a drought said:

Willis McGahee anyone?

Yeah...In Applebee's 

30 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Cookie was the "original Beast Mode"