Update: Dan Snyder in control of RD1? WAS (To 5 for QB Jones/Haskins)

8 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I have a hard time seeing a team trade up into the top five or six from outside of the top ten for a defensive player.  The Bills moved up for Edmunds but that is after he slid in the draft quite a bit. 

I don't think Edmunds "slid quite a bit", he was drafted in the general range he was slotted.  I think most had him somewhere between 10 and 20.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't think Edmunds "slid quite a bit", he was drafted in the general range he was slotted.  I think most had him somewhere between 10 and 20.  

He just happened to be low enough and our grade on him was high enough, we felt we had no choice.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

1. Dan Snyder is a moron.  So making this trade seems very plausible.
  2. Conflicting reports on which QB...Daniel Jones and Haskins have both been linked in this trade up rumor to the Skins.  
  3. Even dumber, very good chance one or both are on the board for a much cheaper trade up as I really do think Gettleman will once again pass on a QB with his first pick.  
  4. EVEN MORE DUMB, there is a very good chance one of those guys may still be on the board, even both, when Skins pick at 15 as Murray and Lock likely go before them.  
  5. Dan Snyder is a very big moron and should not be allowed near the draft room.

If I am the Redskins, you have to know there are 4 first round QBs talked about the most...Murray, Haskins, Lock, and Jones.  Very few teams in the top 10 are even potentially taking a QB.  So why pay a ransom to get to #3 and just sit back and be prepared to go get a guy outside the top 5, and Buffalo is a great spot for it as teams like Jags and Lions are for sure not taking a QB and most likely not trading down either.  At least one, very probably 2, and maybe even 3 of the top 4 QB's could still be on the board at 9.  

And considering the two guys the supposedly like the most are the only one rumored to be sliding, Haskins, and the guy most see as the 4th best QB in Jones.  

Snyder is a moron.  Nothing he ever thinks works out.  

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

He just happened to be low enough and our grade on him was high enough, we felt we had no choice.

Exactly

Edited by Alphadawg7

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

1. Dan Snyder is a moron.  So making this trade seems very plausible.
  2. Conflicting reports on which QB...Daniel Jones and Haskins have both been linked in this trade up rumor to the Skins.  
  3. Even dumber, very good chance one or both are on the board for a much cheaper trade up as I really do think Gettleman will once again pass on a QB with his first pick.  
  4. EVEN MORE DUMB, there is a very good chance one of those guys may still be on the board, even both, when Skins pick at 15 as Murray and Lock likely go before them.  
  5. Dan Snyder is a very big moron and should not be allowed near the draft room.

If I am the Redskins, you have to know there are 4 first round QBs talked about the most...Murray, Haskins, Lock, and Jones.  Very few teams in the top 10 are even potentially taking a QB.  So why pay a ransom to get to #3 and just sit back and be prepared to go get a guy outside the top 5, and Buffalo is a great spot for it as teams like Jags and Lions are for sure not taking a QB and most likely not trading down either.  At least one, very probably 2, and maybe even 3 of the top 4 QB's could still be on the board at 9.  

And considering the two guys the supposedly like the most are the only one rumored to be sliding, Haskins, and the guy most see as the 4th best QB in Jones.  

Snyder is a moron.  Nothing he ever thinks works out.  

Exactly

DJ on NFLFN just said that if Murray doesn't go 1, Jets are very anxious to move back, Skins will definitely move up to #3 with a similar offer from Rams  for Goff to take him. He will go lower than #4 to Oakland...

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Not so fun if it benefits a team in your division.

Im not worried about the Jets. If they get all those picks I think they’ll blow it anyways. McCagnan with Gase and Gregg Williams? That braintrust deserves very little trust if any. 

Also, I don’t think anyone is trading ball the way up to #3 for a QB. Tampa Bay at #5 will be the sweet spot. Bucs are short on picks and cap space. They’ll want to move down, get more capital, move McCoy to create a bit more cap space, and load up on cheap talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Pisses me off because I really want Oliver, I don't want to be stupid with a trade either. This is our best chance at an elite pass rusher IMO

Hey Reed..

Hock is at the top of my list but I think Oliver is a stud too and I would be very happy with him if that is the selection.  Unfortunately, I really don't think Oliver or Hock will be sitting there at 9 for us.  I don't think Oliver gets past 5.  I think that unless we make a trade up, both Oliver and Hock will be gone.  There are other good players who will fall to us at 9. 

Either way I hope we get someone who is a great Bill for the next 10 years.  I have faith in the OBD brain trust.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I remember watching the draft a few years back and seeing the Jags draft Bortles at #3 and leaving the player the Bills desperately needed available at #4.  The Bills traded up to #4 and surely it would be Khalil Mack, UB product who wanted to be drafted by the Bills...

50 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

DJ on NFLFN just said that if Murray doesn't go 1, Jets are very anxious to move back, Skins will definitely move up to #3 with a similar offer from Rams  for Goff to take him. He will go lower than #4 to Oakland...

I need a puke emoticon if I am a Skins fan.  If they are going to get any QB, Murray makes the most sense.  But I just don't see Murray being worth all that risk...the bounty...2 firsts, 2 2nds to get him, and maybe more?  YUCK.

RG3 set them back a lot as it is, still didnt learn his lesson.  Yet the best QB on his roster was the 4th round guy they drafted same year they took RG3.  

The worst part for me is thinking about the Jets getting ALL that draft capital...and next year is supposed to be RICH at the offensive skill positions.  So they could LOAD up Darnold with weapons and more on the D over these 2 drafts.  FML...if the Skins do this trade I will probably hate them as much as an AFCE team....I wont care at all if they make this crazy trade with someone else, just not the Jets.  

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Hey Reed..

Hock is at the top of my list but I think Oliver is a stud too and I would be very happy with him if that is the selection.  Unfortunately, I really don't think Oliver or Hock will be sitting there at 9 for us.  I don't think Oliver gets past 5.  I think that unless we make a trade up, both Oliver and Hock will be gone.  There are other good players who will fall to us at 9. 

Either way I hope we get someone who is a great Bill for the next 10 years.  I have faith in the OBD brain trust.

I'm thinking Wilkins or Williams. I will be happy, unless it is a DB, and root for the guy. If It's DB I'm not watching the rest of the draft :bag:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Magox said:

I do.  I think he has considerable more upside from an athletic standpoint but Kyle as you know was crafty and the heart of a lion.  But I do see him playing that role, which is as a disruptor/passrusher.    Plus I think he will beef up to around the 295 area over the next 15 months.

Not worried about the kid's weight. The talent is certainly there (5-star recruit and blew away his pro-day) when he wants to turn it on, my hope is this staff can bring it out consistently while curbing the me-first diva attitude he is rumored to have along with the rumored "trash-talk" and attitude that had scouts questioning whether he would have any loyalty to any team.

He is my pick at 9 on talent alone, but not sans any concerns that if those attitude and mouth rumors are true he and McDermott would definitely butt heads.

Personally, I can overlook someone who thinks they are all that if they actually are "all that" when they strap on their gear and play.

25 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I need a puke emoticon if I am a Skins fan.  If they are going to get any QB, Murray makes the most sense.  But I just don't see Murray being worth all that risk...the bounty...2 firsts, 2 2nds to get him, and maybe more?  YUCK.

RG3 set them back a lot as it is, still didnt learn his lesson.  Yet the best QB on his roster was the 4th round guy they drafted same year they took RG3.  

The worst part for me is thinking about the Jets getting ALL that draft capital...and next year is supposed to be RICH at the offensive skill positions.  So they could LOAD up Darnold with weapons and more on the D over these 2 drafts.  FML...if the Skins do this trade I will probably hate them as much as an AFCE team....I wont care at all if they make this crazy trade with someone else, just not the Jets.  

Murray is going to Cards (stupid move IMO), but I am pretty sure they are gonna do that

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Murray is going to Cards (stupid move IMO), but I am pretty sure they are gonna do that

Whose dumber?  AZ?  Gettleman?  Snyder?

Feel like all 3 are competing to impress the ghost of Al Davis 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Pisses me off because I really want Oliver, I don't want to be stupid with a trade either. This is our best chance at an elite pass rusher IMO

Oliver is an elite pass rusher ???

i guess you haven’t watched him play much have you ??? 

36 games

12 sacks  against schools most of us never heard of 

• Like (+1) 1