Interesting thought on Hock & the Bills on Twitter

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t know a ton about TJ. However, IMo, it is a lot harder to find a game changing TE than a Jonah Williams.  We neglect TE almost as much as QB.  Would be nice to have a big mismatch who can help out with blocking for a change. 

The Bills organization has NEVER had a dynamic TE in their history. I think it's time for that to change. 

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The Bills organization has NEVER had a dynamic TE in their history. I think it's time for that to change. 

How dare you forget about the great Lee Smith?

what I don’t get is why don’t bad teams copy what good teams do.  The Pats constantly spend picks on TEs and sign FA TEs.  That’s why I liked the Clay signing. It was at least an effort.  When you have a young qb, you need a big target in the middle of field.  I really like Beasley but he wasn’t as effective without Witten.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I have to call BS on whoever it was that tweeted that. He was not talking up Allen last year at all. Tasker even less so. 

Btw he’s been all in on metcalf this year 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

I like Hock a lot, but for what it's worth, Noah Fant had TWICE as many receiving touchdowns over the last two seasons as Hock. Hock -- 9. Fant -- 18 (!).

It's worth little other than knowing that the Iowa QB seemed to look Fant's way in the end zone. Other than TD their stats are very close.

Fant: 78 for 1083 yards (13.9 average) and 19 TD when his limited freshman action is included

Hock: 73 for 1080 (14.8 average) and 9 TD.

24 minutes ago, golfball323 said:

Personally I think it's time for Murph to move on. Might just be me but I'm getting a "too big for his britches" feeling from listening to him lately... Maybe I'm just getting old

This. Not to mention he’s just a fat stupid idiot that has no idea what he’s talking about. He was right in the Allen thing. No crap. So we’re a million other idiots that generally don’t have a clue. But it’s not hard to figure out. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JM57 said:

It's worth little other than knowing that the Iowa QB seemed to look Fant's way in the end zone. Other than TD their stats are very close.

Fant: 78 for 1083 yards (13.9 average) and 19 TD when his limited freshman action is included

Fwiw, I’d probably take Fant all day over Hock. Both will be good. Fant has the potential to be generational. Shockey, Gates, Gronk. Hock doesn’t have that. 

And the reason why Fant had more TDS is because he’s a bigger target. More physical. Which is exactly what we need. 

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Was Brian Bulaga worth a #9?  

That’s such a great question.  I was on the Bulaga train before his draft.  I think he’s a solid RT when he plays but he’s always hurt. But when you look back at that draft, there were so many bigger impact players than a solid RT.  But you need to invest in your franchise qb.  Great question.

obviously, there are many factors at play but I would like a franchise changing player in the top 10 - Qb, pass rusher, play maker.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Agree to disagree. When one player at the same position, playing in the same offense has DOUBLE the touchdowns of the other player, I think it's significant. 

YOU say "the Iowa QB seemed to look Fant's way in the end zone". I could just easily say "the Iowa QB looked Fant's way in the end zone because Fant was better at getting open".