TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Completed!!

Virgil

Started the draft with 18 and 53 ended it with 25 and 27. 

Going to stick with the offensive line here and continue to try and help protect Cousins.  Pat elflein has had his chance and although he hasn't been terrible he won't stop me from grabbing his replacement here. 

The vikings select Garrett Bradbury C NC State.

@NewEra and the chargers you are on the clock.

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, and I wouldn't hate to get a target for Carr either. 

I'm kicking myself for trading up for Burns, cause I likely coulda had him or Ferrell at 24.

I'd rather have White, Ferrell, and 3 second round picks. 

i only see 50 and 53 in the second where is your 3rd?

3 minutes ago, section122 said:

Started the draft with 18 and 53 ended it with 25 and 27. 

Going to stick with the offensive line here and continue to try and help protect Cousins.  Pat elflein has had his chance and although he hasn't been terrible he won't stop me from grabbing his replacement here. 

The vikings select Garrett Bradbury C NC State.

@NewEra and the chargers you are on the clock.

Nice pick i was hoping for him to fall to me in the 2nd round, i wonder what charges are going to pull off

nice!

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

With the 28th pick, the LOS ANGELES Chargers select Dexter Lawrence, DT Clemson.  

The rich get richer at a position of need.

He won't last til 28, but I'm not surprised it would go that way in a mock draft. He's not a "sexy" player. With Star and his contract, he's not a good fit for Buffalo, but he ain't gonna slide to 28.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

He won't last til 28, but I'm not surprised it would go that way in a mock draft. He's not a "sexy" player. With Star and his contract, he's not a good fit for Buffalo, but he ain't gonna slide to 28.

Agreed

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

Nice pick i was hoping for him to fall to me in the 2nd round, i wonder what charges are going to pull off

nice!

When we talked about trading earlier i thought maybe either williams Taylor at ot would fall.  They got snapped up and luckily i got the eagles trade offer.  I wanted to trade back into the first to grab Ferrell and o line but he went 2 picks before me.  

Deal went through anyway so i figured doubling up on oline was the best course of action.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

That works too

If 3 new people want in by all means they are welcome to it but if not I will take any of the 3.

With the 29th overall pick the KC Chiefs select Dre'Mont Jones, DT Ohio State University

WR was definitely tempting due to Tyreek's off the field issues and DK being the only one taken so far, but with Steve Spagnuolo coming in and installing a new 4-3 defense, the offense being miles ahead in efficiency, and departures of Ford/Houston, sitting back and looking for the BPA on defense seems like the most logical fit (was hoping that Greedy or one of the top 2 Clemson DL were going to fall here). Also, Tyreek himself was taken in a later round. I'm sure Reid and the FO will be able to plug-and-play a mid round WR if that's what it comes to. 

He earned a starting job as a redshirt freshman and didn't look back from there as he excelled. This past year he had 8.5 sacks, 13 TFL, 2 PBU, 1 FF, and a pick six. His burst as a three-technique is evident on his highlights; since Chris Jones plays a 1-tech (from what I've read, at least), this could be an instant impact to help improve the defense. 

@wppete and the GB Packers are on the clock

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

With the 30th pick in the 2019 draft the Green Bay Packers select WR, Marquise Hollywood Brown - Oklahoma.

Green Bay drafts another downfield weapon for Aaron Rodgers. Hollywood Brown might be the fastest player in this draft and he has proven to be a weapon playing for 2 Heisman QBs and 1 picks over all. Aaron Rodgers will love the package of DK Metcalf and Hollywood Brown out there. 

The Rams and @Alphadawg7 are on the clock.

Edited by wppete

3 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

Wow Metcalf and brown, with Adam's and a plethora of 2nd 3 yr wr that Rodgers trust.  I think pick could have been used elsewhere but the possibility could be alarming.

I really wanted one of the Iowa TEs but both gone. All the elite pass rushers gone. I also thought about T, Dalton Risner but the idea of pairing Metcalf and Brown with Adams and Aaron Rogers was to good to pass up. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Rico said:

:lol:

Only thing I like about the trade-up is it means no Hock at #9... but if the Jags are going to do us a favor and take him at #7, I would just as soon stay put. 

I hear ya Rico...And how are you my friend? It's Draft season so I know you're OK...?

I'm not a big fan of TE at #9 either...And I've been a little more of a Fant guy than Hock anyway...Though I like both...I like a LOT of prospects in this Draft...But for me it's a like Draft...Not a love Draft...

Just not a fan of Trading up...Almost ever...I get it for a QB...Or later on in the Draft when you don't have to give up nearly as much...But this high, you're going to pay a premium I'm unwilling to dish out for any single player, especially in this Draft...Williams is a great prospect...He really is...But Trevor Lawrence did not seem overly distracted....

Plus, I once knew a DT from Alabama who showed up at the Combine at 319 lbs and was widely considered the next great thing on the interior D-Line...His Sports Science stint broke records...He was an amazing athlete for his size...His negatives in one Scouting Report read like this..."Hard to find flaws in this guy's game. Some have him pegged as a 3-4 defensive end but we don't feel he's at his best as a two-gap defensive lineman. Played in a defensive line rotation for much of his college career and is still developing in-game stamina..." That's it!...He was EXPLOSIVE at 319!!! An absolute beast...

Then he went on to pile up suspensions like he was piling up chicken wings on the way to pushing 350...So...All I'm saying is you never really know...And if you never really know why the hell give up what it would take to get up there and get anyone?...We don't need a QB anymore...I'm done with the 1st Round Trade ups for now...And #40 is VERY valuable in this Draft...I know this Draft...I really do...There is going to be some real good talent available in the 2nd...And I'm pretty sure I'd take what we can get at #9 and #40 over any single prospect we can get at #5...I like Bosa, Williams, Allen, etc...They are all very good prospects...But I don't like any of them as much as I liked Clowney or Garrett and I really did not love Clowney that much...I don't think ANY of these guys are elite...None of them...Very good? Absolutely...But elite? Not so much...And maybe that's just me?

The only prospect in the Draft I feel will be an elite NFL player is DK...And even with him I think that's at least a couple years out...

And that's all I have to say about that!...??

Alright guys, I need some help.  I got food poisoning yesterday and I’m kind of out of it.  It was a rough night and I’m barely staying awake. 

Can someone @BuffaloHokie13 make a picks grid that’s I can just copy and paste for the second round that was all the trades in it.  

I just don’t have the time or the awareness right now.  Also, I know that I have multiple picks in this round, so please bare with me. 

Thanks for understanding 

Pick Trade Pts Team Owner
33 580 Ravens (via trade) Virgil
34 560 Colts aristocrat
35 550 Giants (via trade) BuffaloHokie13
36 540 49ers Kirby Jackson
37 530 Cardinals bkep32
38 520 Jaguars NewEra
39 510 Buccaneers ndirish1978
40 500 Buccaneers (via trade) ndirish1978
41 490 Broncos Alphadawg7
42 480 Bengals EmotionallyUnstable
43 470 Lions Just Joshin'
44 460 Packers wppete
45 450 Falcons buffalobillswin
46 440 Redskins Logic
47 430 Panthers Golden Goat
48 420 Dolphins RyanC883
49 410 Browns ----------------
50 400 Raiders (via trade) whatdrought
51 390 Dolphins (via trade) RyanC883
52 380 Steelers RyanC883
53 370 Raiders (via trade) whatdrought
54 360 Texans Happy Days
55 350 Texans Happy Days
56 340 Patriots* frostbitmic
57 330 Eagles Chemical 
58 320 Cowboys ------------------
59 310 Colts aristocrat
60 300 Chargers NewEra
61 292 Chiefs JimKellyTryouts
62 284 Saints -------------------
63 276 Chiefs JimKellyTryouts
64 270 Patriots frostbitmic
Edited by BuffaloHokie13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, bkep32 said:

I can take brown's if no other GMs show up to take the job

Yours

13 hours ago, section122 said:

When we talked about trading earlier i thought maybe either williams Taylor at ot would fall.  They got snapped up and luckily i got the eagles trade offer.  I wanted to trade back into the first to grab Ferrell and o line but he went 2 picks before me.  

Deal went through anyway so i figured doubling up on oline was the best course of action.

If 3 new people want in by all means they are welcome to it but if not I will take any of the 3.

You good with the Saints?

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Main page updated. 

@Alphadawg7 is on the clock 

With the 31st pick in the draft, the Los Angeles Rams select:  Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College

After losing 2 interior offensive lineman this offseason, Rams look to stabilize the interior of their offensive line to protect Goff and open up lanes for Gurley.  With Goff showing struggles against formidable defensive pressure, its going to be imperative to McVay's offense that they find a way to provide adequate protection for Goff to effectively run his offense.  With Cody Ford gone already as expected, Rams turn to the 2nd best offensive guard in the draft in Lindstrom to likely step in and be a day 1 starter. 

The New England Cheatriots and their GM @frostbitmic are on the clock.

I just noticed that Packers took two WRs?  Why?  

Zero percent chance they do that with Adams and some other good young WRs there.  Im not sure they take even one in the 1st, especially with such a deep WR class...let alone two in the first.  The OL is terrible there in GB and D needs help.  They have to keep Rogers healthy for him to even throw to a WR, so just can’t see how they pass on OL help for more WRs.  

So IMO, I would add the GB double WR first round to the 0% chance pile along where Seattle taking a RB round 1 currently sits.  

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

The Ravens are very much fielding offers to trade back out of 33.  

We need more 2nd/3rd round picks

Too bad Bills don’t have their 2nd, this would be a great spot for them to trade up and grab someone like Harry, Irv, or Butler.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 32 pick in the 2019 NFL draft, the yearly super bowl winning and NFL's favorite team, the new england patriots select ... Greedy Williams - CB - LSU

With our QB position set for the next 20 years we went CB to stop Josh Allen, the turnover machine in New Jersey and whatever Miami trots out there at QB.

Virgil and the three eyed Ravens are on deck to start the 2nd round.

Edited by frostbitmic