Trade market for Rosen "soft"

I won't be shocked if not only the Cards pass on him but other qbs get drafted ahead of him Every year the media hype machine manufactures a storyline that doesn't match what actually happens.  Might be a tough night for him I don't believe he is the unanimous #1 qb on every teams board  He's still 5" 10 and that might not be a 1st round qb in many teams eyes.   As a Bills fan  I hope he and a bunch more get picked ASAP pushing down other talent

1 hour ago, billieve420 said:

Pete Prisco saying Cards not taking Murray #1. Not sure what can believed at this time of year and if Cardinals are trying to generate interest for someone to trade up.

https://www.cbssports.com/video/player/nfl/1499572803668/0/will-brinson-breaks-down-the-chances-kyler-murray-lands-in-arizona

At this point, I kind of feel like they’ve done an awful lot of damage that may be tough to fix if they don’t draft Kyler Murray or get a massive haul of picks for their #1 spot. 

If they end up just staying put and drafting Bosa or someone, then what in the **** were they doing these last couple months?!  Trying to destroy their 2nd year QBs confidence and ability to be a leader on the team? 

They would look so dumb IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/11/2019 at 8:48 PM, TigerJ said:

I almost feel for Rosen.  I think he probably has the talent to succeed in the NFL, but it's not going to happen in Arizona.  He may be only a West Coast QB, and there is no way Arizona is going to run a West Coast offense with Kliff Kingsbury as its head coach.  If the market is soft and Arizona doesn't get a trade offer that includes at least a second round pick and maybe a bit more, I could see them opting to keep Rosen as a backup when they draft Murray to start.  The first four years of his NFL career could end up being pretty much a total waste.  He may find himself in free agency after four years and the market is still soft because he will have been in the league four years and done nothing.  

The thing I have seen from Rosen is he has a very technically sound throwing motion, but needs to step into it to be consistent - unlike the wrist-flick and 40 yard tosses you see from Allen from a variety of throwing platforms dictated by situations on the field. So his passes take time if he has to reset to buy some space. He also does not have the same pocket presence as Allen; Once Allen adjusted to the speed of the NFL game he took a lot less sacks. You can see Allen sensing the rush slipping arm tackles and still directing traffic down-field. Combine all that with the fact that Rosen does not have the scrambling ability of Allen and you have a disaster if you do not have a very solid o-line in front of him.

It is too early to write off Rosen and I think in the right situation he could be successful, but teams look for QBs that can extend plays and find ways to overcome protection breakdowns. Allen and he were both thrown into pretty poor situations, Allen rose to the challenge because of the other attributes he brings to the position beyond being able to stand in a clean pocket and stepping into throwing perfect strikes.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

The Cardinals not drafting Murray is fascinating because that blows the entire draft wide open and really changes everything. Do the Raiders take him? Do the Giants? How many teams have other QBs ahead of him which means he could tumble down the board if teams like Lock or Haskins more.

That would be the ultimate curveball, and I believe it's possible.  Who knows what the hell the Cards will do?  And they have totally ***** with Rosen's head, and now there is a soft market for him.  What is he going to fetch?  I have read teams have rejected sending a 2nd rounder for him.  Does Rosen go for 3rd round or later?  At that price, the Bills should trade for him..  Have him back Josh the next 2-5 years, and then trade him for a 1st rounder down the line

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I wonder if there's a happy ending in store for Rosen if he goes to NE?

Rosen has skills and I dread the thought of him going to NE.  

Edited by Pete

I'm curious how everyone knows what's going on in Rosen's head. I don't know what conversations they've had with him, and don't really care. If he's that rattled by all this to the point he can't lead the team, then he's a big kitty who was never worth a roster spot in the first place.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I'm curious how everyone knows what's going on in Rosen's head. I don't know what conversations they've had with him, and don't really care. If he's that rattled by all this to the point he can't lead the team, then he's a big kitty who was never worth a roster spot in the first place.

One thing Rosen has never struck me as, is being mentally weak.  I continue to maintain that if AZ trades him and drafts Murray, they will rue that decision as much as the team who gets Rosen will relish it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

At this point, I kind of feel like they’ve done an awful lot of damage that may be tough to fix if they don’t draft Kyler Murray or get a massive haul of picks for their #1 spot. 

If they end up just staying put and drafting Bosa or someone, then what in the **** were they doing these last couple months?!  Trying to destroy their 2nd year QBs confidence and ability to be a leader on the team? 

They would look so dumb IMO. 

They hired and fired a coach after one season.  They're already at looking dumb.  Whatever's next would just be additional confirmation.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

My guess is he's preparing himself for a trade and putting his best foot forward.  He was one of the 1st to report for Arizona's off season program & it was a statement that he can handle whatever the future is, in Arizona, or more likely somewhere else.  

I'm curious what the final deal will be.  The last time something like this happened was after Steve Young's 1st 2 seasons in Tampa, the Bucs had the #1 pick and jettisoned Young to SF for 2nd & 4th round picks.  They then drafted Heisman Winner Vinny Testaverde.  Young is in the HOF, Vinny is not.  

On 4/14/2019 at 1:31 PM, Chandler#81 said:

The poster has been dealt with. May may see his return.

Note to all considering offering posts of this nature; It will be your last.

Thank you - I probably would have gotten myself banned if I responded!

• Like (+1) 1

1079913880.jpg.0.jpg

Dolphins have done significant “research” on Cardinals QB Josh Rosen

The NFL Draft is just three days away and for those that don’t know, the Arizona Cardinals are likely to draft Kyler Murray with the No.1 overall pick.

In fact, all offseason rumors have surrounded the Cardinals and their obvious interest in the Heisman Trophy winner. But what about Josh Rosen, the 10th-overall pick in last year’s draft?

If reports are true, the Cardinals may have to part with Rosen for as low as a third-round pick. After all, once Murray is selected by the Cardinals, they will lose all the trade leverage.