New Jets unis?

The shade of green is an improvement, but other than that this set is hot garbage top to bottom. 

The entire look smacks of all those late 90’s/early 00’s “the future is now” uniform changes. And black alternates are so passé.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

The shade of green is an improvement, but other than that this set is hot garbage top to bottom. 

The entire look smacks of all those late 90’s/early 00’s “the future is now” uniform changes. And black alternates are so passé.

I thought that's what they were going for when I first caught a glimpse of the new jerseys. 

Turned out to be like a combination of the old school and new.

They really don't utilize their "Jet" theme enough within their imagery.

10 hours ago, Logic said:

So, so awful.

Between my dislike for Gase, my conviction that McCagnan is an awful GM, my aversion to mongoloid Jets fans, and now my hatred of these ugly jerseys....you could say I've become a full fledged Jets hater.

Dont forget hating Jamal Adams.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

The old uniforms were acceptable, the new ones are terrible.  The only reason to do this is to sell more gear but who would wear such crap.

Young adolescent kids. They wear the worst crap. They love all those ugly alternate NBA jerseys and they buy all those loud, fancy sneakers. This was done for them imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Green is a strange color. Like an afterthought, it rarely passes the eye test. You either hate green or don’t care for it. How many green houses do you see? Cars? Clothes? I digress. The classic look they returned to should have been kept, ala Saints, Bears, G-Men, Steelers. And their name!?! Why have they done nothing about promoting their name? Spell it on the sides of the helmet? Wtf?! At least the initial change to green & white in ‘63 had an actual miniature jet for a mascot.

I hate the Jets. Rinse & repeat.

Here would be my rough ranking of tiers of NFL uniforms:

Classic, and great: Chiefs, Steelers, 49ers

Classic, but not great: Cowboys, Bears, Packers

Retro-classic, and awesome: Bills, Chargers

Blah: Patriots, Vikings, Texans

Bad, new uniforms: Seahawks, Lions (a Lion mascot should be way cooler)

Terrible, new Nike uniforms: Jets, Titans, Buccs, Browns

Obviously, not a complete list, but it's generally how I characterize the uniforms.  I appreciate teams that aren't changing uniforms every 5-10 years, although of these teams, some are better than others.  

The sad thing is, I think there are teams whose classic uniforms are better than their current unis (and I'm relatively young, so it's not nostalgia). 

• Like (+1) 3

On 4/5/2019 at 9:56 AM, sullim4 said:

ESPN was saying that this uniform was being considered as an alternative.  If I'm a Jets fan, I'm really pissed that wasn't selected...

You, sullim4:  On report.  Double secret probation.  Die, Bart, die.  ?

On 4/5/2019 at 10:47 AM, HOUSE said:

YIKES

Related image
Related image

Seeing the second photo makes me wonder if there aren’t a few leftover cases of Whammy Weenies that could be sold to the Jests.