The best things in life include:

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Yeah, man. I've had them done on a GRILL, but never on a smoker.

But now I'm hungry. At 10:30 AM. ?

Was just thinking the same thing (hungry)!  Who the hell brought up food?!?!?

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Any particular manufacturer?

I find the sound of the 5.0L used in mustangs particularly appealing.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a GT 350 once I've paid off my car.  Upstate NY sucks for cars though.

Just now, LeviF91 said:

I'm toying with the idea of getting a GT 350 once I've paid off my car.  Upstate NY sucks for cars though.

I want an old 80s M3. Can be junked, don't care. Just wanna work on it, get it running and tool about in it.

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I want an old 80s M3. Can be junked, don't care. Just wanna work on it, get it running and tool about in it.

That sounds fun.  In the future I'd like to do something similar with some old American muscle.  No land currently though.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBud said:

Can't vouch for the Mustang, but a Jaguar F-Type ?

You've never heard one at a stoplight?

It's pretty distinctive, that 5.0.

And here's the M3 (admittedly an Alpina, but hey) @LeviF91@BuffaloBud

Edited by Joe in Winslow
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Augie said:

With respect, I don’t know where that came from. I won’t go back and read them all, but money never came up in MY response, and I don’t recall seeing it in anybody else’s response. 

Happiness trumps money all day long, every day. 

Money= Happiness

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

Money= Happiness

Maybe in your world. 

But not in mine. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan, and I’d rather have money than not, but it does not equal happiness. I’ve known plenty of miserable rich people, as well as people who had very little but were completely happy. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe in your world. 

But not in mine. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a big fan, and I’d rather have money than not, but it does not equal happiness. I’ve known plenty of miserable rich people, as well as people who had very little but were completely happy. 

I'm with you. It's taken time, but once I adjusted to living a much lower-cost lifestyle (admittedly, involuntarily), I find myself much more grateful for what I DO have and overall, in a much happier place.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Money= Happiness

52 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe in your world. 

But not in mine. 

People always try to generalize the principle in this classic argument.

It's specialized. The fact is that money can equal happiness in certain situations and not in others. 

I don't think money can be included in the best things in life, since it can also be involved with the worst things in life.

So, the answer to the thread needs to be what that money is getting you.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It's specialized. The fact is that money can equal happiness in certain situations and not in others. 

I don't think money can be included in the best things in life, since it can also be involved with the worst things in life.

A lot (almost everything) of what people have said requires money. Which is why money is hands down the best thing in life. 

8 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yes, it’s certainly not simple. It’s very important to have enough money to take care of your family and provide for their needs, etc. Not having enough money to meet basic needs can lead to unhappiness.  Money can allow you to travel and pursue your interests. Money is good for a lot of things!  But it does not directly equate to happiness. That is something inside you. Winning the Powerball can actually make lives worse. Tricky stuff. 

11 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

A lot (almost everything) of what people have said requires money. Which is why money is hands down the best thing in life. 

I’ll take health and happiness over money all day long. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Yes, it’s certainly not simple. It’s very important to have enough money to take care of your family and provide for their needs, etc. Not having enough money to meet basic needs can lead to unhappiness.  Money can allow you to travel and pursue your interests. Money is good for a lot of things!  But it does not directly equate to happiness. That is something inside you. Winning the Powerball can actually make lives worse. Tricky stuff. 

We have all seen money buy you health... and happiness comes with it.

2 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

We have all seen money buy you health... and happiness comes with it.

But you can health and happiness without money. You can also have money without health and happiness. 

Anyway, you are welcome to your views and I respect that, but I think I’m done on this front. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

You don’t have anything if you don’t have your health. Everything else is “nice”, but is ultimately meaningless without health & happiness of yourself and loved ones.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

You don’t have anything if you don’t have your health. Everything else is “nice”, but is ultimately meaningless without health & happiness of yourself and loved ones.

Which is why money is the best b/c you can buy you way out of bad health situations. More money you have better access to those meds if something does happen. You have to use an equal view when looking at things. Cant assume a guy without money wont encounter health problems. In the end Money trumps all. This is the world we all live in and the way it will keep turning.

Edited by Boca BIlls

9 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Which is why money is the best b/c you can buy you way out of bad health situations. More money you have better access to those meds if something does happen. You have to use an equal view when looking at things. Cant assume a guy without money wont encounter health problems. In the end Money trumps all. This is the world we all live in and the way it will keep turning.

This is an April fools right? 

• Haha (+1) 1