Cold & Flu Remedies

3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I've been talking pseudoephedrine hydrochloride....you have to be 21 and produce photo I'd for a purchase because it's a ingredient in street meth.Cleans up my sinus..doesn't help my cough much.

How are your teef?

image.jpeg.517aa463d2d0fc94e2dbe4a1c8517262.jpeg

Edited by Reed83HOF

any Zicam users/believers here?  I have tried it, upon feeling the first symptoms of a cold coming on, but really have no idea if it's being effective or not.  I don't want to be too quick to credit it if I don't develop a full cold because often times that happens all by itself.  

2 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

any Zicam users/believers here?  I have tried it, upon feeling the first symptoms of a cold coming on, but really have no idea if it's being effective or not.  I don't want to be too quick to credit it if I don't develop a full cold because often times that happens all by itself.  

Have heard that too but really no idea, and always makes me feel nauseous for some reason the few times I’ve tried it 

What works the best for me is as soon as I start to feel a cold coming on I take a big dose (usually 2000mg) of a good quality Vitamin C supplement (like the vitamin shoppe brand capsules). 

It doesn’t always work, but it usually always at least helps. Sometimes it has even prevented me from getting a full blown cold. 

I also like to take Zinc when I feel like I’m getting sick. I believe it is supposed to help boost your immune system. 

Forgot to mention garlic.

It has some natural antibiotic properties and it’s good for blood pressure too (careful if you’re on a high blood pressure medicine). I like the Kyolic Garlic supplements. Better/more potent. 

All 3 combined usually help knock out a cold pretty quick for me. 

Sometimes I will also take Vitamin C and Zinc during flu season when I know I’ll be somewhere that I have a higher chance of being exposed to colds/flus (like crowded subways/public places or doctors office etc). I don’t know if it works, but I don’t get sick very often, so maybe it does? lol 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

What works the best for me is as soon as I start to feel a cold coming on I take a big dose (usually 2000mg) of a good quality Vitamin C supplement (like the vitamin shoppe brand capsules). 

It doesn’t always work, but it usually at least helps. Sometimes it has even prevented me from getting a full blown cold. 

I also like to take Zinc when I feel like I’m getting sick. I believe it is supposed to help boost your immune system. 

Whether cold or fever I would take what I called the "Cure."  Half gallon of Orange Juice, go to bed and stay as warm as possible.  I was never quite sure if it was the Vitamin C in the OJ, the liquid or the sweat it out, but it seemed to work.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Whether cold or fever I would take what I called the "Cure."  Half gallon of Orange Juice, go to bed and stay as warm as possible.  I was never quite sure if it was the Vitamin C in the OJ, the liquid or the sweat it out, but it seemed to work.

And change/wash the bedding the next day.

Many years ago, my first wife’s grandparents sang the praises of a Canadian patent medicine that had existed for years:  ‘Dr. Thomas Eclectric Oil’.  Yes, ‘eclectric’.  Mostly camphor based, it had an amazing ability to negate a bruise once applied.  My father in law also was a firm believer in its ability to cure a cold by taking a teaspoon of it.  One day at the onset of a particularly bad cold, I tried this method.  The next morning, all traces of the respiratory distress were gone, as well as most of my gastrointestinal tract.  I shat in a manner I did not think medically possible, and continued to taste camphor for a good week.  First and last time for that ‘cure’ for me; truly a case of the cure being worse than the illness.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/27/2019 at 7:04 PM, coloradobillsfan said:

Zicam Rapidmelts.  Works fantastic for colds.  Start taking as directed as soon as you feel the cold coming on.  Usually knocks it out in under a day.  If you take after you are already been sick, usually shortens how long I don’t feel well.  I swear by Zicam.

Not labled for the flu, but believe it reduces the length also.

Do not use the nasal spray/swab heard it can cause problems with smelling.

2 hours ago, Bills4everNY said:

Don't rub your eyes or your nose when you are out in public. Wash your hands often and immediately when you get home. You will catch a lot less colds.

Also, don’t have kids. :doh:

I jest because I love. Wouldn’t trade mine for 100 years of no more colds. Am doing a lot better since yesterday, thanks to everyone for their sharing, tips and good points. Avoided the doc for now and am looking forward to being more productive this coming week! Go Bills!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

If it's under 60 out, I wear a hat. Doesn't matter if I'm going from my car to a building 30 seconds away. Those 30 seconds add up. Sometimes don't even bother with the coat, always wear the hat though. I get maybe 1 cold every 5 years, usually having to do with not bothering with my hat. Never get the flu. Just saying, prevention is the best remedy. And oh yeah, people who say wearing a hat has nothing to do with catching a cold or flu do not know what they're talking about.