Tim Graham Defends Mike Rodak. Says Bills Fans Treat Him Unfairly

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

Does Tim ever unfairly “challenge” followers on social media? Does he ever “cross a line” in civility while engaged in public discourse? 

He’s a terrific writer. Should probably stick to features, imo. But, and while I’ve never engaged him here or elsewhere, he can be just as big of a troll.

One day on Twitter in 2015, a poster took issue with something Timmah wrote during a Bills game, and Timmah's response, literally, was "Go hump a fist."

Also, let this opportunity not go by without commenting that the best paid sportswriter covering the Bills is Wawrow, because everything he writes is written professionally and accurately. He doesn't try to pick the low-hanging fruit like Timmah and Sully, etc. with click-bait stupidity.

And the best pre-game analysis, by far, was Lori. Better than anyone who gets paid to do it. Anyone.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

One day on Twitter in 2015, a poster took issue with something Timmah wrote during a Bills game, and Timmah's response, literally, was "Go hump a fist."

Also, let this opportunity not go by without commenting that the best paid sportswriter covering the Bills is Wawrow, because everything he writes is written professionally and accurately. He doesn't try to pick the low-hanging fruit like Timmah and Sully, etc. with click-bait stupidity.

And the best pre-game analysis, by far, was Lori. Better than anyone who gets paid to do it. Anyone.

100% beyond any doubt, and I can't think of anyone who came close.

If it would make Lori post here again I would send Tim Graham love letters.

Edited by Bill from NYC

7 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

If it would make Lori post here again I would send Tim Graham love letters.

I never understood why no one hired her. It didn't even matter if it was a Bills game because her knowledge of the other team players, coaches, records, history, etc. was crazy. 

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LABillzFan said:

I never understood why no one hired her. It didn't even matter if it was a Bills game because her knowledge of the other team players, coaches, records, history, etc. was crazy. 

I completely agree. At many tailgates I hung out with Lori and Badolbilz. It was like standing between 2 sports encyclopedias. They know college football just as well as they do the NFL, and neither was ever smug about it.

Good times.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

In fairness to Rap, his error wasn't so much what he said but what he DIDN'T say. My take is that the deal WAS finalized between the Bills and Steelers. Rap should have added a disclaimer regarding the trade hinging on AB's willingness to report/Bills willingness to bump his pay.

Except evidently it didn't even get that far.  Thus Rap's subsequent tantrums on Twitter and blocking guys like Wawrow who called him out on it.

Also, TG wrote a great piece that got published at The Athletic today, for those so inclined.

Edited by LeviF91
  • Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2019 at 10:53 AM, Chuck Wagon said:

I disagree on the last point.  Schefter, usually Rappaport, in NBA Woj, etc do a tremendous job on confirmation.  There's a reason they can be believed 99.9% of the time.  It's pretty clear Rappaport got some bad intel on the Antonio Brown thing, but that situation could easily be explained as a source thought the deal was done, once the Bills talked to AB they pulled out and the spin is it never got that far.

rapoport was lazy by relying on simply one source, who either wasn't up to date on the discussions or was using rapoport to push Antonio Brown's value.

either way, it was irresponsible and erroneous.

jw

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

rapoport was lazy by relying on simply one source, who either wasn't up to date on the discussions or was using rapoport to push Antonio Brown's value.

jw

I feel like we end up saying this about Rapoport every offseason.

Edit: No, my bad, I was thinking of LaCanfora. Apologies to Ian.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

9 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

jw

Thanks

21 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

jw

Rapoport reported a deal was finalized between the Bills and Steelers in terms of trade compensation. That's probably true. Lazy may be accurate because Brown's approval was always going to be an issue. A different reporter, forget his name, reported the very same thing but added the qualifier; AB could nix the deal.

1 hour ago, john wawrow said:

jw

What's the chance that Rappaport,  and maybe Schefter today, put out not-so-reliable info as something of a favor to a source (an agent) in a way to pay it forward for a real scoop later? These guys obvious are as connected as anyone in the biz. That's not free.

Edited by scribo

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 7:11 PM, LSHMEAB said:

Rapoport reported a deal was finalized between the Bills and Steelers in terms of trade compensation. That's probably true. Lazy may be accurate because Brown's approval was always going to be an issue. A different reporter, forget his name, reported the very same thing but added the qualifier; AB could nix the deal.

that is both so erroneous and revisionist history that it's laughable.

his first tweet on the matter was: "There it is. ..." Bills and Steelers narrowing in on a trade involving Antonio Brown.

there was no qualifier.

and deal was dead in the water two days earlier.

jw

On 4/8/2019 at 7:52 PM, scribo said:

What's the chance that Rappaport,  and maybe Schefter today, put out not-so-reliable info as something of a favor to a source (an agent) in a way to pay it forward for a real scoop later? These guys obvious are as connected as anyone in the biz. That's not free.

doing favors is one thing.

doing favors while knowing the information you are putting out is erroneous or biased to the point its not accurate is patently irresponsible.

jw

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, john wawrow said:

doing favors is one thing.

doing favors while knowing the information you are putting out is erroneous or biased to the point its not accurate is patently irresponsible.

jw

This could fit in well in some of the PPP threads.