Tim Graham Defends Mike Rodak. Says Bills Fans Treat Him Unfairly

1 hour ago, mcdamit said:

they were arguing over weather the Bills tanked.   Murph said Joe b was wrong, Joe said you can say you disagree ,but to say i am wrong is condescending .  

Murpjh shot back well your wrong and they went to commercial .  

I only caught the back end of that since I tuned in late. But, it did seem weird that wouldn’t get into a discussion after being asked by a caller if the bills tanked or cleansed the roster. Only tuned in because Joe B was filling in. I normally don’t tune in and prefer to eat tree bark than listen to Murph and Tasker. 

That being said, I’ve heard that everyone that works with Murph thinks he’s an ####### and he just sucks in general. But, he did deliver a great line in the last game of the season, “He was wide ass open!”

Edited by Captain Murica

6 hours ago, eball said:

This is pretty spot on.  I've never read something from Rodak and said, "hey, I never thought about it that way."  Nothing special about him at all.

Graham, while an excellent writer, is indeed a douche unless you've navigated your way into his protected circle.

Ding ding ding.

This is the best way to describe the two of them. 

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBH, some of the people who were engaging with Tim G were over the top and way out of line IMHO.  I also dunno about cult, and puppies are always good regardless.

But it's also true that TG did "go off" in a taunting/troll like manner, even on people who were simply asking questions or otherwise behaving appropriately.  That's simply not compatible with an open forum on the internet.  Ijits can be ignored, but you will be expected to explain or defend what you say, and if that's not comfortable it's the wrong place for ya.

The people who went over the top and who got out of line should have simply been ignored.  I don't condone that crap at all.  Timmy has a problem with anyone who says anything other than, "You know what, Tim?  You are exactly right!!"  Any question or challenge is met with snark and attitude.

There are users who, in my opinion, go out of their way to be aholes to JW.  If he doesn't ignore them, he simply points out how they're wrong/being stupid, then moves on.  No hissy fit.  No crossing his arms and sticking out his lower lip.  Timmy is incapable of that.  That's what make him such a dick.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 2

For what it's worth, Tim's a very good friend of mine.

He left this board after being challenged -- unfairly, in my opinion -- by several posters who ganged up on him and essentially demanded he reveal a source about something, rather than taking his word for it.

The posters who went after him so much crossed the line that I believe SMS established several rules in regards to the limits of how far people could go in these cases.

jw

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

He left this board after being challenged -- unfairly, in my opinion -- by several posters who ganged up on him and essentially demanded he reveal a source about something, rather than taking his word for it.

The posters who went after him so much crossed the line that I believe SMS established several rules in regards to the limits of how far people could go in these cases.

jw

I, personally and professionally, like TG myself, and found his retorts to be funny as much as thin-skinned. Sure he doesn't like to be challenged or attacked (who does?) but I found his quick-trigger amusing. The people claiming he is thin-skinned are just as thin-skinned, IMO. But he is a talented professional, too. I don't see that in Rodak.

52 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

jw

Can I get your thoughts on this?  I see many if not all reporters invite readers to correspond via email or Twitter.  Do you do that voluntarily or is it a requirement of the job?  And while I agree your respondents should keep it reasonable and not take personal shots, is the reverse also true?  I ask the latter beacuse I have tried a couple times to disagree with a columnist and have a dialog only to get back snarky coermnts like "if you don't like it don't read my stuff".  If that's the attitude, why provide contact info?

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Can I get your thoughts on this?  I see many if not all reporters invite readers to correspond via email or Twitter.  Do you do that voluntarily or is it a requirement of the job?  And while I agree your respondents should keep it reasonable and not take personal shots, is the reverse also true?  I ask the latter beacuse I have tried a couple times to disagree with a columnist and have a dialog only to get back snarky coermnts like "if you don't like it don't read my stuff".  If that's the attitude, why provide contact info?

I mostly engage with folks on social media. And no, it's not a requirement.

It all depends on how you approach it, especially when it comes to a columnist. The person is providing his/her take, agree or disagree, but there's no point in arguing with the point. It's the columnist's point of view.

That's a broad overview. When it comes to specifics, that all depends on how you approached it.

jw

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I, personally and professionally, like TG myself, and found his retorts to be funny as much as thin-skinned. Sure he doesn't like to be challenged or attacked (who does?) but I found his quick-trigger amusing. The people claiming he is thin-skinned are just as thin-skinned, IMO. But he is a talented professional, too. I don't see that in Rodak.

It's best to have good, realistic conversations about football but in the absence of that whipping a few thin-skinned, un-self-aware homers into a tizzy can be very amusing.   I'm tryna' be kindler and gentler myself but it's tough to resist.:devil:

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Por ejemplo.:flirt:

10 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

I mostly engage with folks on social media. And no, it's not a requirement.

It all depends on how you approach it, especially when it comes to a columnist. The person is providing his/her take, agree or disagree, but there's no point in arguing with the point. It's the columnist's point of view.

That's a broad overview. When it comes to specifics, that all depends on how you approached it.

jw

Appreciate the feedback

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's best to have good, realistic conversations about football but in the absence of that whipping a few thin-skinned, un-self-aware homers into a tizzy can be very amusing.   I'm tryna' be kindler and gentler myself but it's tough to resist.:devil:

No one likes your kinder, gentler self. It's unauthentic. :devil:

• Haha (+1) 1

Yeah, I never got the "give us your source" folks.  Once you give up your source, they are no longer a source. 

If someone is giving information/insight on a consistent basis and they are just blowing smoke, they will quickly find themselves on the "ignore" list of many (e.g., Dunkirk Don).

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

No one likes your kinder, gentler self. It's unauthentic. :devil:

Speak for yourself, Rainbow

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

John, great post, I saw your answer and had another totally unpointed question:

(expurgated SNL reference many will miss and perhaps take as an example of how to behave)

Ah, yes.  The kindler gentler self.  Just testing, I presume?

10 hours ago, john wawrow said:

jw

Never did understand going after the journalists that tried to post here.....and REALLY dont understand why ppl felt they needed to know their sources.

If they are right......the truth will bear out.

We have driven off some good posters from this board (Lori for instance) but I am seeing changes to the board where it is becoming a much better place to exchange ideas without attacks.  Perhaps we can invite some ppl back?

• Like (+1) 2

I don't think Rodak has been particularly insightful on his Bills coverage, but hes an ESPN AFCE beat guy.  When the Bills are relevant again in the division maybe he'll catch up.  I don't read his stuff.  Most of the Rodak media I digest is Rodak diatribes on TBD, reddit, and twitter.

Can we talk about how dumb Bills reddit is? 

• Like (+1) 1