Available Players As we are about to start the 1-2 yr bargain part of UFA

MAJBobby

On 3/15/2019 at 11:25 AM, MAJBobby said:

Here are some unsigned Options (not going to list the tagged players) in positions in case looking for some more depth

CB

Ronald Darby

Bryce Callahan

Marris Claibone

Rashaan Melvin

Darqueze Dennard

Kayvon Webster

Trevor Williams (RFA)

DE

Ziggy Ansah

Justin Houston

Bruce Irvin

Derrick Morgan

Nick Perry

Shaq Barrett

Shane Ray

Adrian Clayborne

DT

Timmy Jernigan

David Irving - May be done with football

Muhammad Wilkerson

Darius Philon

Bent Urban

Corey Liuget

RB

Jay Ajayi

CJ Anderson

Alex Collins (RFA)

Spencer Ware

TJ Yeldon

LB

Zach Brown

Jamie Collins

Josh Bynes

Brandon Marshall

Jake Ryan

OL

T.J Lang

Josh Kline

Andy Levitre

Josh Sitton

George Fant

Ted Karras (RFA)

TE

Tyler Eifert 

Jared Cook

Austin Seferian Jenkins

S

Tre Boston

Clayton Geathers

Adrian Phillips

...Darby re-signed with Eagles I think....Ziggy is damaged goods..........Eifert re-signed with Bungles.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

if we were to do just one more fa signing, i would vote for zach brown.  then if all things stayed the same it would be zach olb and then split time between murphy and lorax on end, line them both up or kick shaq inside.  of course if they pick oliver that's great. i don't know where they'll go with pass rushers, but i hope they prioritize this draft.

imagine if we ended up with oliver, sweat and oximines. i would have to take a shower.

Side note on Kyle Emanuel I mentioned up top, he did play for linebackers coach Bob Babich while he was with the Chargers and they were fairly close as they are North Dakota State people. Emanuel projects as a SAM in our defense and has the ability to start if they wanted to move Lorax to more of defensive end role. As I mentioned, he is an excellent special teamer. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/15/2019 at 8:32 AM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Kind of surprised Jared Cook is still unsigned, unless he' just asking way more thn anyone wants to pay including Buffalo.

I wouldn't mind it if he was here, although you might be correct, his asking price might be too high, and at his age he probably wants a multi-year contract.

He will get signed by some team, he's too good to not be on an NFL roster.

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I wouldn't mind it if he was here, although you might be correct, his asking price might be too high, and at his age he probably wants a multi-year contract.

He will get signed by some team, he's too good to not be on an NFL roster.

Another thing about Cook, and I am speculating that this could be a factor, but he had his worst statistical seasons playing under the guidance of Rob Boras, who is our tight ends coach. When Boras was the OC, he recorded zero touchdowns. Maybe its a factor, maybe not. Latest rumblings have him winding up in New Orleans. 

On 3/15/2019 at 11:28 AM, MAJBobby said:

Tyler Eifert on a 1 year prove it deal or a 2 yr incentive based (to protect against INJ) would be nice.

Also Like Jamie Collins on a 1 year deal

Same with DT David Irving - productive rush skills from the middle of the defense

Currently the team has 2 TE's on the roster, the new guy and Croom, teams typically carry 3 so if you sign Eifert, you're at three.  I'd rather see them draft a TE and go with the two they have now.  At least Croom has stayed healthy and is likely no matter how much of a prove it deal it is, still much cheaper option and for the past two years has had better stats.  Infact when looking at his career stats, there was only one year Eifert was really good.

13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Currently the team has 2 TE's on the roster, the new guy and Croom, teams typically carry 3 so if you sign Eifert, you're at three.  I'd rather see them draft a TE and go with the two they have now.  At least Croom has stayed healthy and is likely no matter how much of a prove it deal it is, still much cheaper option and for the past two years has had better stats.  Infact when looking at his career stats, there was only one year Eifert was really good.

Eifert re-signed with the Bungles, but there some interesting tight ends left on the market

On 3/15/2019 at 11:25 AM, MAJBobby said:

Here are some unsigned Options (not going to list the tagged players) in positions in case looking for some more depth

CB

Ronald Darby

Bryce Callahan

Marris Claibone

Rashaan Melvin

Darqueze Dennard

Kayvon Webster

Trevor Williams (RFA)

DE

Ziggy Ansah

Justin Houston

Bruce Irvin

Derrick Morgan

Nick Perry

Shaq Barrett

Shane Ray

Adrian Clayborne

DT

Timmy Jernigan

David Irving - May be done with football

Muhammad Wilkerson

Darius Philon

Bent Urban

Corey Liuget

RB

Jay Ajayi

CJ Anderson

Alex Collins (RFA)

Spencer Ware

TJ Yeldon

LB

Zach Brown

Jamie Collins

Josh Bynes

Brandon Marshall

Jake Ryan

OL

T.J Lang

Josh Kline

Andy Levitre

Josh Sitton

George Fant

Ted Karras (RFA)

TE

Tyler Eifert 

Jared Cook

Austin Seferian Jenkins

S

Tre Boston

Clayton Geathers

Adrian Phillips

I’d kick the tires on Jernigan, Denard and Ansah.

Crowell still has productivity ahead of him too and might be a nice get. 

18 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Wonder how much Wilkerson would be? I always thought he was one of the better Jet's players.

He used to kill us when we had Tyrod. He had a couple pretty bad injuries since then. Not sure how much he even played for GB last year. 

33 minutes ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Wonder how much Wilkerson would be? I always thought he was one of the better Jet's players.

I actually love this idea. He brings a veteran presence and could be a nice pick, kicking into a 3 tech. 

How about TJ Lang.  They've improved the oline, but it still has some question marks. Hoping Spencer Long can hold down a starting spot, but it's a maybe.  Then Teller/Feliciano are depth at this point until they prove something.  Loved the Morse signing, but guards are still a question mark.  

2 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

How about TJ Lang.  They've improved the oline, but it still has some question marks. Hoping Spencer Long can hold down a starting spot, but it's a maybe.  Then Teller/Feliciano are depth at this point until they prove something.  Loved the Morse signing, but guards are still a question mark.  

Boettger is also in the mix.    Good physical attributes.   Lang was probably more of a guy you bring in before Spencer Long rather than to compete against him.

• Like (+1) 1