I think I figured out Dabol people...???

Scorp83

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

I think Dabol is trying to mimic the Pats...??? Is he a genius if it's true? Or Insane for even trying this??? Thoughts??

We've appeared in one playoff game in 19 years.

What's insane is retrying all the stuff that failed us during that 19-year stretch.

• Like (+1) 4

44 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Except Mrs. P has Terry on far too short of a leash for him to be getting a ‘mani-pedi’.  

Terry seems to be doing alright on his own. No need for trips to the day spa. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Hear me out ... I've been listening to all the interviews on John Murph, Joe B's Podcast, Howard & Jeremy, even put up with Schopp & Bulldog. 

I think I see what we're doing... if I'm right is Brian Dabol a genius??? Or COMPLETELY insane!?!?

What are the Bills starting to look like??

The newly agile smart O-Line, the "not too big name weapons", the small little shifty slot guy, the old behind RB's, the tough defense, the money kicker... ???

New England... I think Dabol is turning us into New England.  I'm not saying what they do doesn't work... I mean they have 6 SB's. But does Dabol really think this is going to work?? Again either he's a genius or completely insane.

The only thing we're missing is Gronk...which leads me to the Draft...

Most of you know, I've been pounding the table for DK. I don't think we take DK, I think we're taking T.J. Hockenson at 9 or we trade back & draft him. Either way...I think he's the 1st Rd pick. Hockenson is the only player to be compared to Gronk. 

Sal & Chris Brown both said "The coaching staff looked at how the team performed when they put smaller, faster weapons on the field".  I think Dabol is trying to mimic the Pats...??? Is he a genius if it's true? Or Insane for even trying this???

Thoughts??

"It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him" ???

We have the same Offensive system as them.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I don't want to be the 2015 Panthers and I don't want to be the Gronkless & Bradyless Patriots lol.

Bring some concepts/personnel that worked that are applicable to our personnel.. Beasley is a great example, however Brady uses his slot can be replicated anywhere. But I don't want our guys fitting a round peg in a square hole. We can't get Kuechly.. we can't get Gronk. But we can get a guy on offense who's chemistry with Allen gives us the same redzone and move the chains ability Daboll was accustomed to in NE to control the clock with the rest of the team build.

Basically I'm just saying I really hope we don't go for Hockenson just because we want a Gronk replica. He could be amazing but he will never be the exact same player as Gronk.. we can't build a team of clones to match personnel from other teams. They're all going to be different for better or worse and ya gotta adjust to that. Allen ain't Brady.

Totally agree! My point exactly! 

3 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

We've appeared in one playoff game in 19 years.

What's insane is retrying all the stuff that failed us during that 19-year stretch.

Hmmmm ???

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

We have the same Offensive system as them.   

That's true. But we don't have the same components as the Pat's.  Like I said, if Dabol is going this route with the offense, then he's putting alot of stock in a QB, that a little erratic with the ball at times. 

4 hours ago, kota said:

Go watch the last game of the season.  Josh through alot of short underneath stuff and short passes to the outside.  He had like a 70 percent completion percentage that game or something.  Josh was tested and passed.  

That game makes me nervous, cause I don't know if that was Josh improving or the Dolphins quitting??? 

5 hours ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

I feel like it's a hybrid between NE's underneath stuff with screens (which will be much more prominent with the improved OL), shallow crosses, rub routes, TE posts and the like...combined with this run-n-shoot inspired, deep-zone-floodin' vertical passing game we had some success with last year, to fit Allen better. Daboll seems super adaptable to me.

Beasley and Roberts on all the cute little screens and rubs.  They will try to spring Roberts like they used McKenzie last year.  Duke and Zay over middle.  Brown and Foster on the deeper routes.  It's a nice wide out room.

38 minutes ago, Scorp83 said:

That game makes me nervous, cause I don't know if that was Josh improving or the Dolphins quitting??? 

Yes, the Dolphins mailed it in, but it still was a game for Josh to get the feel for how to use the short passing g a me.  It was a good game to build on. 

This team is going to offensively build what McDermott fears.

A mobile QB who can run 10-20 yards on a broken play or pass it 60-70 yards down field.

A number of trusted RBs who will not fumble and will get positive yards on any carry.

A strong bully mentality OL that will wear down a Defense.

3 to 4 600-800 yd per season WRs. No one to focus on one. Any of them can burn you.

Mix speed and slots.

A TE that is a disrupter like Gronk, Kelce or Graham. See TE in round 1 or 2 this year. I would be shocked if Hock/Fant/Irv are not a pick in rounds 1-2.

The days of one WR and or one star RB are over.

Mulitple WR threats, catching TE's and a RB that gets 4+ YPC in crunch time are the plan.

McDermott knows it, this team is working toward it.

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Hockenson isn't even the best TE in the draft let alone the 9th best player imo.

I don’t disagree, but it begs the question.....who do you think the best TE is? 

1 hour ago, Scorp83 said:

Totally agree! My point exactly! 

Hmmmm ???

That's true. But we don't have the same components as the Pat's.  Like I said, if Dabol is going this route with the offense, then he's putting alot of stock in a QB, that a little erratic with the ball at times. 

TomBrady wasnt an MVP his first few years.

5 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

But I don't want our guys fitting a round peg in a square hole.

Don’t fret. We’ll be fine as long as the diameter of the player isn’t greater than the diagonal of the hole. 

56 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

This team is going to offensively build what McDermott fears.

A mobile QB who can run 10-20 yards on a broken play or pass it 60-70 yards down field.

A number of trusted RBs who will not fumble and will get positive yards on any carry.

A strong bully mentality OL that will wear down a Defense.

3 to 4 600-800 yd per season WRs. No one to focus on one. Any of them can burn you.

Mix speed and slots.

A TE that is a disrupter like Gronk, Kelce or Graham. See TE in round 1 or 2 this year. I would be shocked if Hock/Fant/Irv are not a pick in rounds 1-2.

The days of one WR and or one star RB are over.

Mulitple WR threats, catching TE's and a RB that gets 4+ YPC in crunch time are the plan.

McDermott knows it, this team is working toward it.

Hmmmm ????

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

I feel like it's a hybrid between NE's underneath stuff with screens (which will be much more prominent with the improved OL), shallow crosses, rub routes, TE posts and the like...combined with this run-n-shoot inspired, deep-zone-floodin' vertical passing game we had some success with last year, to fit Allen better. Daboll seems super adaptable to me.

Adaptability is one of Dabolls strongest traits. If you read some of his interviews on the Athletic, he talks at length about it. He said he hasn't even really began to think about next years offense at the point of the interview because he had no idea who his personnel would be. He will figure out what his guys do best and call plays he thinks they can execute properly. Much better than trying to jam square pegs into round holes like some of our former OCs. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I don’t disagree, but it begs the question.....who do you think the best TE is? 

Noah Fant to me is the best TE in this class, he doesn't have the blocking skills that Hockenson does but that's the only skill that Hockenson is better in but can be taught with coaching. Fant was far superior athlete as his 40 time shows (4.50 for Fant and 4.70 TJ), Fant was superior in every category accept a few 10th of seconds on the shuttle (4.18 TJ and 4.22 Fant), Fant had more reps on the bench, all the cone drills and the shuttle. I still wouldn't take any TE in the top 20 picks since you can get some really solid TE prospects in the 2nd round imo. I think we get an edge rusher, the best available even if Ansah signs since who knows if we resign Hughes, Murphy is an enigma and Ansah hasn't been a staple of health, Montez Sweat, Josh Allen, Clelin Ferrell, Rashaan Gary and Polite all seem like legit candidates to me.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Noah Fant to me is the best TE in this class, he doesn't have the blocking skills that Hockenson does but that's the only skill that Hockenson is better in but can be taught with coaching. Fant was far superior athlete as his 40 time shows (4.50 for Fant and 4.70 TJ), Fant was superior in every category accept a few 10th of seconds on the shuttle (4.18 TJ and 4.22 Fant), Fant had more reps on the bench, all the cone drills and the shuttle. I still wouldn't take any TE in the top 20 picks since you can get some really solid TE prospects in the 2nd round imo. I think we get an edge rusher, the best available even if Ansah signs since who knows if we resign Hughes, Murphy is an enigma and Ansah hasn't been a staple of health, Montez Sweat, Josh Allen, Clelin Ferrell, Rashaan Gary and Polite all seem like legit candidates to me.

Your justification that Fant is better are his combine numbers? Yikes..

• Haha (+1) 1