Bills one of 6 teams in on Leveon Bell

7 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

The signing bonus and guaranteed was under 15.  That why he didn't sign it.

Yup.  Brown had a similar high-average-low-guaranteed contract with the Steelers and Bell didn't want the same.  But the Steelers stuck to their guns when they could have guaranteed Brown more money and kept him.

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting day.  Would be a massive signing.  It seems Buffalos intrest is more rumor than actual.  Beane is a quick mover.  They seem to make it happen or move on. If Buffalo was high on him I think it would be done by now.

Just now, Mat68 said:

Interesting day.  Would be a massive signing.  It seems Buffalos intrest is more rumor than actual.  Beane is a quick mover.  They seem to make it happen or move on. If Buffalo was high on him I think it would be done by now.

idk.. i bet the jets are hell bent on getting him, especially after their ***** day. I just dont think he wants to play for them and Gase, like Paradis and Barr. 

They had to wayyyy overpay Mosley to get him to join. 

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Id offer him 3 years 55 mil. 18 mil this first year, 15 mil the next, and 12 mil in the 3rd. 

Bills would still have plenty for its draft picks. 

Im going to guess you’re not a math major? :) 

• Haha (+1) 5

55 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

HeHateMe and HeWontPayMe, 

This makes sense to me. But I’ve said all along that I’d be surprised if we land Bell, so maybe I have a biased view. 

I think the Bills still believe in Shady and feel that he will rebound with a better o-line and passing game. 

The Bills brass has backed Shady numerous times to the media and said how the o-line play and passing game needed to improve to open up the run game. 

Then they put an emphasis on upgrading the o-line + WR corps in free agency. They also signed Shady’s good friend Frank Gore.

Plus, we haven’t really heard the Bills linked to any other RBs on the market (outside of a couple tweets about bell), which makes me feel like they don’t necessarily see the Rb position as a huge area of need. (though to be fair, the Bills don’t have many leaks these days). 

I still think he ends up with the Jets, or maybe Baltimore if they panic after losing so many good free agents. I think Bell is holding out for every penny and one of these more desperate teams (like the Jets) will up their offer enough to entice him to sign. 

Thats my guess anyway. 

3 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

Sign Bell, Cut/Trade Shady and Ivory.

Bell, Gore, and draft a guy, say Bryce Love in the 4th.

That backfield along with the receiving core we put together today would be unbelievable. Also get someone like Noah Fant and that would be insane.

As much as I love Shady, that would be awesome.  Too bad it won't happen.

Why is it completely out of the question to have Bell + Shady + Gore?

Many teams run a thunder/lightning approach and Gore is just the back up in case any of them go down.

If we can land Bell today, our draft opens wide up! Especially if QB falls we could even trade back and gather more picks.

Scared money don't make money... let's bet on Bell

• Like (+1) 5