Would anyone trade for Ogbah

MAJBobby

1 hour ago, T master said:

Why not just wait until he's cut if he's the odd man out, why trade & waste draft capital ??

Doubtful the Browns just cut him.  The alternative is using him in the DE rotation and netting a comp pick when he’s signed by another team the following year. The Browns want to use him to acquire a player at a position of need or move up in the draft. 

What about a flip of 2nds?  49 and Ogbah for 40?  

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Sadly BillsFanatics (or whatever their name was) is SUPER unreliable, IB level. They are known for making bold claims that don't actually happen. Fingers crossed though!

I’m not crazy about Ogbah so not really hoping they are right. I do want to acquire an edge rusher somehow, though. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/12/2019 at 9:05 AM, billsbackto81 said:

Has he lived up to expectations? I remember him being highly touted during his draft.

No he hasn't lived up to all the "Nigerian Nightmare" hype. We can get identical production (4-5 sacks) from Shaq. Rather have a healthy Ziggy.

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

In my opinion, no not really. He has 12.5 sacks where Shaq has 10. Ogbah has played a whole hell of a lot more than Shaq in terms of snap counts. 

Then I see zero point in bringing him in. We don't need defensive end depth, we need a high end pass rusher.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm in. It's not like he's been non existent. 7 sacks in 2 years in somewhat limited action. He was drafted in RD 2 2 years ago and hasn't been a "bust" per se. 

25 years old a solid athlete. Why NOT?

Edited by LSHMEAB

I think Frank Clark will be a Bill by the end of the draft.  Seattle has to pay Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner who will both get mega deals.  Makes sense for them to flip Clark for a cheaper draft pick in a draft heavy on elite pass rushers.  Bills have the cap space plus Hughes and Lawson are free agents next year.  Swap of 1sts and Seattle takes Sweat/Gary/Burns at 9.  Bills take BPA Wilkins/Simmons/Metcalf/Hockenson/Fant/Jonah/Taylor/Dillard/Ford at 21.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I think Frank Clark will be a Bill by the end of the draft.  Seattle has to pay Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner who will both get mega deals.  Makes sense for them to flip Clark for a cheaper draft pick in a draft heavy on elite pass rushers.  Bills have the cap space plus Hughes and Lawson are free agents next year.  Swap of 1sts and Seattle takes Sweat/Gary/Burns at 9.  Bills take BPA Wilkins/Simmons/Metcalf/Hockenson/Fant/Jonah/Taylor/Dillard/Ford at 21.  

Good idea, but I don't see it happening.  Seattle is slated to have over $80M in cap room next season, so they should easily be able to fit all of Wagner/Wilson/Clark under their cap...also, a Clark trade would leave them with zero players from the 2019 starting DL under contract for 2020.

I'd like to be wrong about that, but I have my doubts.

Plus, I don't see McDermott signing up for this:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2014/11/17/frank-clark-michigan-football/19157491/

Much like the Tyrod-Cleveland match that I discussed for months leading up to the actual trade, I feel like this equally makes sense for all the reasons you outlined.

Then again, I felt the same way about a Buffalo-Cam Brate trade but it doesn't seem like that one is going to happen either.

Edited by DCOrange

I sure hope you're right. Neith Clark nor Hughes is an all-pro, but they're both very good. Add a guy like Wilkins, Oliver, McCoy or Suh and we'd have a DL as good as anyone. It wouldn't be as good as that DL we had a few years back with Mario, Hughes, Kyle and Dareus (before he hit the snooze button) but it would still be really good. A DL like that could really make a difference in the W/L column. We could bring heat without a lot of blitzing.