C Mitch Morse (Chiefs) to the Bills

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I just felt it move.

I'm kind of afraid to ask what? Lol

I'm admittedly bad at interpreting play on the oline. I think a lot more goes on and we know so little I'm not going to pretend to know. But that tweet does make him sound like a great signing. 

41 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

And yet we all thought Groy looked good playing next to Richie when Wood went down. 

I still hope they surround Morse with one stud (Darryl Williams) and one hopeful. 

A good guard can make a mediocre center look better.  But Groy was making the calls correctly then, as I recall.

Basically, when you don't have to look sideways to see what your teammates are doing, everyone performs better.  

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm kind of afraid to ask what? Lol

I'm admittedly bad at interpreting play on the oline. I think a lot more goes on and we know so little I'm not going to pretend to know. But that tweet does make him sound like a great signing. 

Thats why you have nerds like me on the board. This is a great signing. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Senator said:

Beane is asleep at the wheel.  Terry is cheap !

?

I don't think anyone has question Terry's willingness to spend, or his genuine desire to win.

It's if he know what he is doing or not. He has a pretty bad track record with both teams. 

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

A good guard can make a mediocre center look better.  But Groy was making the calls correctly then, as I recall.

Basically, when you don't have to look sideways to see what your teammates are doing, everyone performs better.  

This is so true. When you step up to the line you have to look across and figure out who and where you are blocking. You adjust as the defenders move around trying to creat confusion pre snap. All while remembering the snap count. The last thing you need on your mind is ‘the guy next to me going to do his job’. When a line plays together for awhile and has talent , it can make the entire team better. Let’s hope Morse and Dawkins are two pieces and Beane can find or has found the rest. 

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

Good to hear. I played a bit, but never was on the line. I get the secondary and wrs, but line schemes and who fits, I'm lost at lol.

I hear that. I go to a lot of clinics and things so I'm constantly studying. I've been coaching offensive and defensive line for 12 years now. It's kind of sad that I watch the line on sundays lol. 

Morse does a ton of communicating on the line. He's got great feet and technique and he's super smart. He's also played with a lot of scrub UDFAs and such at guard over the years and they have always been effective. The fact that they have cycled so many guards in and out from injuries I think shows how much he makes the line better. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I don't think anyone has question Terry's willingness to spend, or his genuine desire to win.

It's if he know what he is doing or not. He has a pretty bad track record with both teams. 

OK, sarcasm off.  Terry Pegula has never, ever, been cheap.

I LOVE the signing!

19 and 0 baby!!!! ?

GO BILLSSS!!!!!??

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills are not going to sign a top notch guy in free agency for every position of need, but it'll be nice to see them get maybe 2 or 3.  One down, baby!  Daryl Williams would be sweet now.  Then if we need to go fill the rest of the holes in free agency, we can do that!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

The Bills are not going to sign a top notch guy in free agency for every position of need, but it'll be nice to see them get maybe 2 or 3.  One down, baby!  Daryl Williams would be sweet now.  Then if we need to go fill the rest of the holes in free agency, we can do that!

So far, all’s quiet on the Daryl Williams front, yes?

Git ‘er done

.!

11 minutes ago, The Senator said:

So far, all’s quiet on the Daryl Williams front, yes?

Git ‘er done

.!

If they end up with two of the top olineman it will be a very successful FA period. This signing was crucial. Everyone can breath a sigh of relief.

• Like (+1) 1

Numbers coming in. 

Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero)
Got the full numbers on the Mitch Morse deal with the #Bills and it’s a whopper: four years, $44.5 million with $26.5 million guaranteed. He gets $19.5M in Year 1 and $28.375M by Year 2. The $11.125M APY is the new bar for centers. twitter.com/mikegarafolo/s…
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Numbers coming in. 

Got the full numbers on the Mitch Morse deal with the #Bills and it’s a whopper: four years, $44.5 million with $26.5 million guaranteed. He gets $19.5M in Year 1 and $28.375M by Year 2. The $11.125M APY is the new bar for centers. twitter.com/mikegarafolo/s…

Sounds front loaded, perfect

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Numbers coming in. 

Mitch has a sweet 12 months coming up! 

Just now, Bray Wyatt said:

Sounds front loaded, perfect

Yep, we will need some space in a  few years when we have to re-sign some guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Numbers coming in. 

Bills projected to have 130 mill in cap space next year so I’m expecting to see some big numbers in year 2 with some of these larger deals 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills projected to have 130 mill in cap space next year so I’m expecting to see some big numbers in year 2 with some of these larger deals 

Allen will get 110 of it after he wins regular season MVP and SB MVP.

?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3